MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
IF Mac chooses Maryland, I don't see how it's going to be Browns fault. He's clearly done everything he can to get this kid to Miami, he's been all over him for over a year now. He had him in the bag and never let up. Obviously something sketchy happen if he's now prepared to choose the sorry *** Terps.
His fault for not having a back up

I said this in a prior post.

His parents and the Maryland coaches basically engineered an "intervention" at that restaurant a couple of days ago and put on a full court press on him. He was totally surrounded by manipulative adults.

To me, it seems clear the old man wants him to choose Maryland, and I'll be very glad to be wrong about this.

Here's something that's very telling for me: For the longest time we've only heard there was only ONE video. All of a sudden, the father says there were two. That's the first time that's ever been posted or discussed anywhere to my knowledge.

I agree with all of this...I don't like judging a family situation, but it's very clear what his father is doing here. And I agree that dinner was orchestrated...Blindsided the kid.

Booger McFarland is employed by ESPN. I'm guessing he's doing alright when it comes to money. It sounds to me like he started out saying, "Do whatever you want son" because he thought in the end he'd do what Sr. and mom want, (stay close to home). Then when he said it was Miami dad said, "Well hey just meet with the entire staff in person to say you're picking Miami." Not call them or text them or email them or DM them. Meet them in person they can put the entire full court press on you in person. And then when MD pushed back when he told them, he didn't say "My son has made his decision we just wanted to let you know" he said "Well golly son maybe you ought to rethink this entire thing you've been deciding on for months because they said the same thing again for the 100th time in a Panera bread."
He's not related to him
Great theory though other than that.

Booger McFarland is employed by ESPN. I'm guessing he's doing alright when it comes to money. It sounds to me like he started out saying, "Do whatever you want son" because he thought in the end he'd do what Sr. and mom want, (stay close to home). Then when he said it was Miami dad said, "Well hey just meet with the entire staff in person to say you're picking Miami." Not call them or text them or email them or DM them. Meet them in person they can put the entire full court press on you in person. And then when MD pushed back when he told them, he didn't say "My son has made his decision we just wanted to let you know" he said "Well golly son maybe you ought to rethink this entire thing you've been deciding on for months because they said the same thing again for the 100th time in a Panera bread."

:Qft9gEw:

I fkn love this place.

Republicane is one of my guys too

View attachment 42010

I miss the old Tom C gif during the Golden years...

IF Mac chooses Maryland, I don't see how it's going to be Browns fault. He's clearly done everything he can to get this kid to Miami, he's been all over him for over a year now. He had him in the bag and never let up. Obviously something sketchy happen if he's now prepared to choose the sorry *** Terps.

Sometimes you just get played dirty. Could argue that making him such a priority was why he was in our corner to begin with. Can be a dirty game, all you can do is shake your head and move on

Advertisement
i just cant imagine him leaving Coach Brown like that in the 11th hour of recruiting.

Happens all the time.

Harley just left Seider at the 11th hour, recruiting is fluid...

Ya his dad clearly orchestrated this garbage, who knows what kind of shenanigans went down. If he picks Maryland, Miami should look into what went down and report.

Recruiting is a brutal blood sport. This kind of crap happens all over the place every year. Coaches learn how to deal with it or they don't last very long in the business.

Absolutely nothing is 100% until a LOI is signed.

His parents and the Maryland coaches basically engineered an "intervention" at that restaurant a couple of days ago and put on a full court press on him. He was totally surrounded by manipulative adults.

To me, it seems clear the old man wants him to choose Maryland, and I'll be very glad to be wrong about this.

Here's something that's very telling for me: For the longest time we've only heard there was only ONE video. All of a sudden, the father says there were two. That's the first time that's ever been posted or discussed anywhere to my knowledge.

I agree with all of this...I don't like judging a family situation, but it's very clear what his father is doing here. And I agree that dinner was orchestrated...Blindsided the kid.
does it really matter what the father did? the kid needs to make the decision based on what he thinks is best for him. the father says its anthony's decision unless he is lying.

Ok here is what I think, I still think Cane, here is why, EVERYONE knew he was coming to Miami, dad even came out and said it, now Maryland gave him something to think about. No way in **** they would not throw everyone a little cookie and say "they made another video" because it would be obvious he is sticking with Miami and he wouldn't have his moment of shine and now they have both fan base waiting for the video to drop. Like I said it was to throw off the fans who already knew the video was for MIAMI.

does it really matter what the father did? the kid needs to make the decision based on what he thinks is best for him. the father says its anthony's decision unless he is lying.

He's lying.

Advertisement
"Anthony it's true. Last year we lost some games against some of the greatest programs in the country. Schools like Minnesota Boston College and Indiana. And yes it's also true that we lost 62-3 to OSU last year. And 59-3 to Michigan to the week before that. Now losing in back to back weeks by a combined 121-6 looks bad (on paper) I'm confident if we get you on campus by the time you're a senior we can have that gap down to 55-7 or maybe even 49-10!"

lol thats like your dad saying you're in big trouble if you do X, but I trust you to make the best decision. It's your choice after all.

His fault yes...BUT sometimes there is a kid you are 100% sure about...The way you are with all the 100% that do commit. And then that kid shocks the **** out of you and does unthinkable.

But I can excuse Brown this once because it's obvious he thought kid was not just a lean, but a lock (I think the kid thought he was a lock too)...
A. If it comes a pattern with Brown, then obv it's a prob
B. They are following AJ Davis and may have interest there all of a sudden
C. RB is a need--yes. BUT it is not a dire need the way OL, WR, CB are this cycle...I hate having to trust Burns as a 4...But we have a solid top 2, choc as the 3 if he doesn't get past by Burns, and then I think you will see a Dallas or Mullins type as the emergency at 5 if multiple injuries happen. (DeeJay coming in at 205 supposedly?). Again that's just a hypothetical

Advertisement
Maryland 247 posters are on their board scouring this thread for info. Suckers

"Anthony it's true. Last year we lost some games against some of the greatest programs in the country. Schools like Minnesota Boston College and Indiana. And yes it's also true that we lost 62-3 to OSU last year. And 59-3 to Michigan to the week before that. Now losing in back to back weeks by a combined 121-6 looks bad (on paper) I'm confident if we get you on campus by the time you're a senior we can have that gap down to 55-7 or maybe even 49-10!"

:sanford:

Anthony will think it's his decision, but a 17/18 year old kid doesn't stand much of a chance of not being influenced by manipulative adults that are close to him.

His dad should be in the announcement video, not him.

Advertisement
Any chance we can send up Warren Sapp to help seal the deal? He played with Booger on the Bucs.

If he goes to maryland he'll never be heard from again. Every once in a while you'll see his highlight and thats it. I mean....he can't be serious right.

It makes absolutely no sense to go to Maryland, especially with the OL class we're bringing in. This might be our best OL class in school history. He'd be CRAZY to go to a nothing program like Maryland. Not to mention, our depth at RB is such that he could get playing time right away. Just crazy to go play for a team that won't win a darned thing. Richt is building something special, and most people see that. Just boggles my mind that the kid who very well could benefit from these improvements THE MOST is considering Maryland.

Maryland 247 posters are on their board scouring this thread for info. Suckers

Uh, what does that make you sense you are constantly visiting other team boards?

I miss the old Tom C gif during the Golden years...

tom-cruise-laughing-hysterically_48.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back