MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kids dad sounds low key opportunistic.

Phrases like "he (Thomas Brown) was saying the same ol".. That makes me believe that he set this whole thing up.

I actually thought about it. It doesn't make sense to me that McFarland would need to go to meet with Maryland coaches at a restaurant to say he's going to Miami.

I feel like that dad is taking the money now, rather than McFarland having a great career at Miami and making them M's later.

There's no way that this isn't about bags being dropped because this kid had his mind made up for months!!!!!!!

Recruiting can be such a dirty business.
The dinner was a total sabotage move by the old man. He Pearl Harbored his own **** kid.

Programs regularly pay recruits to officially visit. There's no reason they wouldn't pay to have a final sit down with a top recruit. The whole tone flipped after that dinner.

There's only one plausible explanation. People will claim it was close all along, but it wasn't. UM was so confident they stopped recruiting other RBs completely. Pete thought it was a mortal lock based on info directly from UM. Then one dinner changes everything? Yeah right.

You right. Unless this is all a show to make Maryland feel warm & fuzzy before doing what he was always going to do - Pick Miami.

Advertisement
Concerned? Sure it's recruiting. Maryland is viable again. They have put together a decent class this year and with the big ten connection seem to be headed in the right direction but there's nothing new here. The kid has known this for a long time. This is all about the power visit earlier this week. Staff asked for a delay family agreed. Brown had last shot. No more contact. I like our chances. He looks at all of the issues and comes to the same decision he did months ago.

Booger McFarland is employed by ESPN. I'm guessing he's doing alright when it comes to money. It sounds to me like he started out saying, "Do whatever you want son" because he thought in the end he'd do what Sr. and mom want, (stay close to home). Then when he said it was Miami dad said, "Well hey just meet with the entire staff in person to say you're picking Miami." Not call them or text them or email them or DM them. Meet them in person they can put the entire full court press on you in person. And then when MD pushed back when he told them, he didn't say "My son has made his decision we just wanted to let you know" he said "Well golly son maybe you ought to rethink this entire thing you've been deciding on for months because they said the same thing again for the 100th time in a Panera bread."
He's not related to him
Great theory though other than that.

I think he gets a lot of ouch to MD wakes up tomorrow and just tweets out the UM video because that's where he has had his mind on for the longest and it's felt the most right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Booger McFarland is employed by ESPN. I'm guessing he's doing alright when it comes to money. It sounds to me like he started out saying, "Do whatever you want son" because he thought in the end he'd do what Sr. and mom want, (stay close to home). Then when he said it was Miami dad said, "Well hey just meet with the entire staff in person to say you're picking Miami." Not call them or text them or email them or DM them. Meet them in person they can put the entire full court press on you in person. And then when MD pushed back when he told them, he didn't say "My son has made his decision we just wanted to let you know" he said "Well golly son maybe you ought to rethink this entire thing you've been deciding on for months because they said the same thing again for the 100th time in a Panera bread."

It is a different McFarland. Booger is not his dad.

JERRY! JERRY!

Advertisement
I'd have to believe that we gave him a very short deadline. Due to our dire need at RB and there only being 6 days until signing day. Unless he is a flaming ***** and doesn't care, he has to know if he isn't coming he is ******** guys who's jobs depend on this kinda **** and that the coaches are good men that he was going to trust to set him up for the rest of his life. So unless I start reading about some random RB's getting late offers I'd have to believe coaches know he is back on board. I would like to believe a kid would not do Rickt like this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What a horribly short sighted decision if he goes to Maryland

And if all the coaches are still saying the same thing, why the sudden change?

Shenanigans

Advertisement
What a surprise, another recruit's parent with myopic thinking.

Dayum, I can get $50k now, or have ma boy go to the right college and become set for life.... ******* idiots.

i just cant imagine him leaving Coach Brown like that in the 11th hour of recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back