MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This kids dad sounds low key opportunistic.

Phrases like "he (Thomas Brown) was saying the same ol".. That makes me believe that he set this whole thing up.

I actually thought about it. It doesn't make sense to me that McFarland would need to go to meet with Maryland coaches at a restaurant to say he's going to Miami.

I feel like that dad is taking the money now, rather than McFarland having a great career at Miami and making them M's later.

There's no way that this isn't about bags being dropped because this kid had his mind made up for months!!!!!!!

Recruiting can be such a dirty business.
Yep. Sounds like they got to Pop. Hopefully the kid is mature enough to make his own decision.

Booger McFarland is employed by ESPN. I'm guessing he's doing alright when it comes to money. It sounds to me like he started out saying, "Do whatever you want son" because he thought in the end he'd do what Sr. and mom want, (stay close to home). Then when he said it was Miami dad said, "Well hey just meet with the entire staff in person to say you're picking Miami." Not call them or text them or email them or DM them. Meet them in person they can put the entire full court press on you in person. And then when MD pushed back when he told them, he didn't say "My son has made his decision we just wanted to let you know" he said "Well golly son maybe you ought to rethink this entire thing you've been deciding on for months because they said the same thing again for the 100th time in a Panera bread."

His pops sound like he tired of this ****. Sounded irritated about the maryland coaches saying miami would favor the local kids and now with brown.
No, he sounded tired of hearing the same **** from Brown.

He was tired of hearing the same old **** from the Maryland coaches too. He said as much two days ago. He's tired of talking to all coaches.

Advertisement
Booger McFarland is employed by ESPN. I'm guessing he's doing alright when it comes to money. It sounds to me like he started out saying, "Do whatever you want son" because he thought in the end he'd do what Sr. and mom want, (stay close to home). Then when he said it was Miami dad said, "Well hey just meet with the entire staff in person to say you're picking Miami." Not call them or text them or email them or DM them. Meet them in person they can put the entire full court press on you in person. And then when MD pushed back when he told them, he didn't say "My son has made his decision we just wanted to let you know" he said "Well golly son maybe you ought to rethink this entire thing you've been deciding on for months because they said the same thing again for the 100th time in a Panera bread."
He's not related to him

Just building suspense. Not buying the "same old same old" talk he's downplaying from brown.

It is a different McFarland. Booger is not his dad.

Phrases like "he (Thomas Brown) was saying the same ol".. That makes me believe that he set this whole thing up.

I actually thought about it. It doesn't make sense to me that McFarland would need to go to meet with Maryland coaches at a restaurant to say he's going to Miami.

I feel like that dad is taking the money now, rather than McFarland having a great career at Miami and making them M's later.

There's no way that this isn't about bags being dropped because this kid had his mind made up for months!!!!!!!

IMO to further this thought, the silent for 2+ months gets even sketchier. Why keep it under wraps other than to not look extra sketchy when taking the bags at the 11th hour
the father's odd behavior notwithstanding this has always bothered me. though the silent thing sometimes works for kids trying to hold off the local team.

The part where the father said "He has made two videos - one with a happy ending for the Canes, the other with a not so happy ending for Miami fans" sounds like such a LIE.

Now I almost believe that they pushed it back 48 hours to make another video with the "not so happy ending" for Miami.

Advertisement
IF Mac chooses Maryland, I don't see how it's going to be Browns fault. He's clearly done everything he can to get this kid to Miami, he's been all over him for over a year now. He had him in the bag and never let up. Obviously something sketchy happen if he's now prepared to choose the sorry *** Terps.

He's not related to him

Wait he's not? I've been thinking for months that he's Booger's kid. God dammit.

The dinner was a total sabotage move by the old man. He Pearl Harbored his own **** kid.

Programs regularly pay recruits to officially visit. There's no reason they wouldn't pay to have a final sit down with a top recruit. The whole tone flipped after that dinner.

There's only one plausible explanation. People will claim it was close all along, but it wasn't. UM was so confident they stopped recruiting other RBs completely. Pete thought it was a mortal lock based on info directly from UM. Then one dinner changes everything? Yeah right.

^
weird that he doesn't reference one video from a Maryland point of view. :/

Advertisement
Walton is a superstar back.. what the heck...

dude is gone after this year.

Agreed; most draft experts have Walton as a top tier, 1st round back. Said his ability to break tackles, catch the ball, and good burst has him pegged as a 1st round pick.

I find it hard to believe that Walton is a 1st round back, do you have any article to back that claim up? I think he is a 2nd day back and is for sure gone after next year, but I don't see him going in the 1st round.

I agree, he's a great back but no where close to 1st round.

I remember FAU's head coach saying he was a future first rounder after we played them. He's probably 2nd or 3rd round if he builds off of last season though which is still a great slot for a RB.

He's no Zeke or Dalvin but he's a future NFL starting RB

He's need to perform better against p5 competition I think he's a 3rd or 4th rounder

Silents are bull****. This is a low-character move. Same old same old? Edge, Portis, McGahee, Gore, Miller, Duke, soon Walton. Yeah, okay.

If he doesn't want to come, we'll be fine without him. Walton, Choc (now gotta keep him!), Homer and Burns. Burns is going to be the new Lamar Miller, and McFarland is going to be the new Bryce Brown.

Advertisement
maybe he just wants to add a little drama to announcement. Previously it had been a forgone conclusion coming to Miami. Announcement would have just been formality. Now he has created more suspense. Guess we will see tomorrow.

Can't say I'm not worried. I trust [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] though.

he made two videos? i thought he was going to be doing something live per Bleacher Report's snap chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back