Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've gotta believe that we'll be fine this year.
Praying Breakfast Club GIF by REVOLT TV

A month out from week 1 and chico jumping ship. Best of luck pal, that being said… Jalen Royals, change of heart now that the portal is open for the THIRD time for you? 🙂😂

Advertisement

A month out from week 1 and chico jumping ship. Best of luck pal, that being said… Jalen Royals, change of heart now that the portal is open for the THIRD time for you? 🙂😂

Ahhh, didn't think of Anderson getting let go and guys entering Portal

Someone might pick him up

Advertisement
Please get rid of the spring window.
I kinda agree, Idk what the point of limiting the Winter window to January is either. Why not just keep it open until like the very End of February (before spring practices start which is generally beginning of March). It should be one Large portal window.

Also players should only be allowed ONE transfer per calendar year to be eligible for that season - especially if there is going to be two portal windows. That is just lame as **** that a guy can leave in Winter portal, then go somewhere else in spring.

I kinda agree, Idk what the point of limiting the Winter window to January is either. Why not just keep it open until like the very End of February (before spring practices start which is generally beginning of March). It should be one Large portal window.

Also players should only be allowed ONE transfer per calendar year to be eligible for that season - especially if there is going to be two portal windows. That is just lame as **** that a guy can leave in Winter portal, then go somewhere else in spring.
I think the January deadline is due to enrollment. Players have to be enrolled to participate in Spring practices, unless I'm remembering wrong.

Advertisement
I think the January deadline is due to enrollment. Players have to be enrolled to participate in Spring practices, unless I'm remembering wrong.
Yeah but I'm saying it should be open later AND remove the spring period, and even if they can't be at their new school for spring or participate in those practices, that should be the period. Gotta eliminate the double dipping and them trying to renegotiate twice. You do that by just having one period. And because you only have one you have it open longer. Whether that January date is the usual enrollment/registration cut off is irrelevant, you want the Teams set by spring imo. Sure maybe allow grad transfers still. But also the CFP ends Jan 20th, by keeping it open past that you allow the players on CFP teams to focus more imo. Not great solution obviously, but it's better than it is right now...

Ideal time based on Football schedule is you would just have the portal open AFTER the CFP concludes (so Jan 20th), and closes like March 1st before spring practices start. BUT unfortunately that is a problem due to spring registration. Maybe we just make it so you can play in spring practice without being enrolled YET, if you have a LOI signed. Idk... But that would be the best option imo. And again ONE transfer per year. To me this is the best solution....

Yeah but I'm saying it should be open later AND remove the spring period, and even if they can't be at their new school for spring or participate in those practices, that should be the period. Gotta eliminate the double dipping and them trying to renegotiate twice. You do that by just having one period. And because you only have one you have it open longer. Whether that January date is the usual enrollment/registration cut off is irrelevant, you want the Teams set by spring imo. Sure maybe allow grad transfers still. But also the CFP ends Jan 20th, by keeping it open past that you allow the players on CFP teams to focus more imo. Not great solution obviously, but it's better than it is right now...

Ideal time based on Football schedule is you would just have the portal open AFTER the CFP concludes (so Jan 20th), and closes like March 1st before spring practices start. BUT unfortunately that is a problem due to spring registration. Maybe we just make it so you can play in spring practice without being enrolled YET, if you have a LOI signed. Idk... But that would be the best option imo. And again ONE transfer per year. To me this is the best solution....
I agree with 1 transfer per year for a player unless there are extenuating circumstances, which we've already seen in in the past how the NCAA dealt with those at the end. Almost everyone got the waiver for almost any reason. The two portal windows doesn't have me one way or the other. A lot can happen for a player in regards to football, coaching, school, family, life, etc... so thats fine with me. However, I do agree that if you transfer into a school in the first window you shouldn't be able to bounce out in the Spring window, unless there are verifiable extenuating circumstances.

The enrollment issue that keeps from having one large window like you suggested is something I don't know if it can be worked around at the moment. Because if you aren't an enrolled student, and the players aren't employees, what grey area does that leave things like injuries, complaints, and the like when they occur? I have zero background in anything like that but seems to me that would create a bunch of issues.

Advertisement
Back