LIFW

Advertisement
I hate how our "fanbase" celebrates the demise of its own, while caping for Le Batard, the ******* Herald, and FSU. Ridiculous.
What will the gators blame now when NIL doesn't dry up? From a fan point of view, Ruiz was a great bridge to the collective. The stadium issue was where his reach exceeded his grasp.

From the LIFW perspective, he was on to something, but focused on the wrong aspect. That claims data is immensely valuable, but not necessarily for fraud recovery.

He’s the worst. Total fraud and poster child for how not to act. Said it from day 1 on here and obviously there was a cavalcade of ball-washers running to his defense.

Like I said if you are from down here Sofla is full of Ruiz’s

Big mouth big ego “big money” guys showing off their wealth you eventually see getting perp walked to the paddy wagon on channel 7 when it turns out the guy was FOS lol

What will the gators blame now when NIL doesn't dry up? From a fan point of view, Ruiz was a great bridge to the collective. The stadium issue was where his reach exceeded his grasp.

From the LIFW perspective, he was on to something, but focused on the wrong aspect. That claims data is immensely valuable, but not necessarily for fraud recovery.

I enjoyed his schtick but he had some e-egg on his face when he trashed collectives so much and then was forced to cape up for ours lol

Advertisement

All true. But I look at it more narrowly and selfishly: there's a mega-rich local who likes to donate to our athletic program. The dude was funneling money into our basketball program (that nobody gives two ***** about, in case the world is unaware) for ****'s sake. Heaven forbid, he's rude and obnoxious on social media. Cue the virtue signalling army of Darren Rovells. The success of someone like John Ruiz is an unequivocal godsend for a program that relies on (overwhelmingly local) private sector benefactors.

In the next sentence after dumping on Ruiz, our fans will move heaven and earth to tell you that playing an undefeated FSU is absolutely crucial to our program.

Advertisement
I hate how our "fanbase" celebrates the demise of its own, while caping for Le Batard, the ******* Herald, and FSU. Ridiculous.

I certainly ain’t caping up for Mike Ryan/Lebby/Samson or any of the others you mentioned

However our fanbase has a lot of mouth breathers who refuse to call a spade a spade over some misplaced “honor” because the person they are caping up for also roots for the canes or works for the canes

We’ve seen it with so many figures from Randy, to golden, to manny to smaller figures like Ruiz/Dennis Smith etc

It’s OK to be thankful this dude overpaid like a MF and got us guys like pancake, Mauigoa etc and also say the guy is prolly FOS, his business is likely going to fold and there’s a chance he ends up in prison and/or broke lol

If the dudes a lame or cringe I call it like I see it, dont give a F if the guy coaches for Miami or is a fan or booster

You guys act like our random opinions even matter lol

Last edited:
I'm sure he's equally shocked at Florida's corrupt now-former university president, the "Lamborghini dropoff" booster who likes the back door, and the terrible Slingblade-looking corch who will be fired for incompetence in a few weeks.

Wasn’t Long a nole fan? Or did he just cover FSU back in the day?

Advertisement
I'm sure he's equally shocked at Florida's corrupt now-former university president, the "Lamborghini dropoff" booster who likes the back door, and the terrible Slingblade-looking corch who will be fired for incompetence in a few weeks.
That's not really accurate. He was corrupt AND incompetent.

Advertisement
Not a fan of his style but Ruiz was what we needed at the time. After earning a long standing reputation for lack of facilities, lack of funding, lack $$ etc, he got us national headlines and a poster child rep for dishing out bigtime NIL. We needed that jolt.

Now that its been established UM takes care of its athletes, we can be reserved and transition to a more traditional collective that isnt so obnoxious.

In the end, it worked out perfectly.

Honestly didn’t/don’t mind Ruiz being active on Twitter cause he still has Gator fans TIGHT lol.

Whether LIFW last or not, always found it funny how folks would try and trash talk a dude who’s a millionaire

1723841920585.webp

Gotta love ESPN. Ruiz made the front page for this crap network.

Advertisement
Back