Le' Work - Beardy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. Rumph played in NFL for 5 years...smart and tucker didnt see the field. I think this is bs. Look what rumph did with michael jackson ffs.

What does playing in the NFL have to do with anything? The best coaches in the world didn't play in the NFL.

Let's not get carried away with our bias. Kirby Smart is likely one of the best DB coaches in the country. As of right now his resume for developing DB's completely destroys Rumph's.

Just being objective.

Don't get it twisted Macho. Saban is the position coach for the CBs at Alabama. Kirby played Safety in college and coached "Dbacks" at only a few schools. While at Alabama he probably only coached safties if he coached any position group at all while he was a DC

LOL at Kirby Smart being one of the best DB coaches in America hahha. He may know safety play, but corner play is a WHOLE different ball game as i am sure you know.

You think he spent all them years under Saban...the best DB mind in the business...and didn't retain any of that information?

Man c'mon bro. LOL

And what exactly has Rumph done that would put him above Kirby's experience?

If Kirby was so **** good his pass defense wouldn't have been it's downfall. They had an amazing front 7 and two years into their tenure the guy who is so much better than ours is taking 4* and 5* kids and making them the teams achilles heal. If UGA didn't play the ****** passing teams and have a dominant front 7 their pass D stats would've been ATROCIOUS this year. But they have a ball control offense, play in a division and conference that can't pass for ****, and have a dominant front 7 so they had some good stats.

Advertisement
Cool. Rumph played in NFL for 5 years...smart and tucker didnt see the field. I think this is bs. Look what rumph did with michael jackson ffs.

What does playing in the NFL have to do with anything? The best coaches in the world didn't play in the NFL.

Let's not get carried away with our bias. Kirby Smart is likely one of the best DB coaches in the country. As of right now his resume for developing DB's completely destroys Rumph's.

Just being objective.

His resume for developing dbs??? Saban is the db coach at Bama no?

Smart coached DB's and was the DC under Saban.

Please, let's not even go there. It's one thing to be a fan, it's another thing to be completely naive. Rumph ain't touching Smart.

I've seen multiple videos of Saban coaching CBs at Bama.

And?

There's probably videos of him coaching everything on the defense. That's what DC's do. Just cause you saw a video of Saban being hands-on with the CB's doesn't mean Smart sits back and twiddles his thumbs.

Like I can't believe people are really sitting here and implying that Mike Rumph, who was coaching high school a couple years ago, is a better DB coach then the former DC at the University of Alabama. LOL

Just being objective.

Don't get it twisted Macho. Saban is the position coach for the CBs at Alabama. Kirby played Safety in college and coached "Dbacks" at only a few schools. While at Alabama he probably only coached safties if he coached any position group at all while he was a DC

LOL at Kirby Smart being one of the best DB coaches in America hahha. He may know safety play, but corner play is a WHOLE different ball game as i am sure you know.

You think he spent all them years under Saban...the best DB mind in the business...and didn't retain any of that information?

Man c'mon bro. LOL

If Kirby was so **** good his pass defense wouldn't have been it's downfall. They had an amazing front 7 and two years into their tenure the guy who is so much better than ours is taking 4* and 5* kids and making them the teams achilles heal. If UGA didn't play the ****** passing teams and have a dominant front 7 their pass D stats would've been ATROCIOUS this year. But they have a ball control offense, play in a division and conference that can't pass for ****, and have a dominant front 7 so they had some good stats.

They had the 3rd ranked passing defense in the SEC.

Just being objective.

Man c'mon bro. LOL

If Kirby was so **** good his pass defense wouldn't have been it's downfall. They had an amazing front 7 and two years into their tenure the guy who is so much better than ours is taking 4* and 5* kids and making them the teams achilles heal. If UGA didn't play the ****ty passing teams and have a dominant front 7 their pass D stats would've been ATROCIOUS this year. But they have a ball control offense, play in a division and conference that can't pass for ****, and have a dominant front 7 so they had some good stats.

Let’s not pretend the SEC airs it out now, especially the SEC East. That 3rd ranked passing D looked questionable against OU.

Just being objective.

Man c'mon bro. LOL

If Kirby was so **** good his pass defense wouldn't have been it's downfall. They had an amazing front 7 and two years into their tenure the guy who is so much better than ours is taking 4* and 5* kids and making them the teams achilles heal. If UGA didn't play the ****ty passing teams and have a dominant front 7 their pass D stats would've been ATROCIOUS this year. But they have a ball control offense, play in a division and conference that can't pass for ****, and have a dominant front 7 so they had some good stats.

Also played 4 teams that were ranked worse than 95th in passing offense and 5 teams who were ranked below 100 in total offense. Heck and most of those were division games. Also since when did stats matter to you? IIRC we had a top 30 ranked Defense under Golden one year. Did you believe those stats then?

Advertisement

Man c'mon bro. LOL

Let’s not pretend the SEC airs it out now, especially the SEC East. That 3rd ranked passing D looked questionable against OU.

They looked questionable against a Heisman trophy winner and one of the best offenses in the country. ****. There goes my argument.

Meanwhile our DB unit looked elite against the Wisconsin Badgers high powered passing attack.

Just being objective.

Man c'mon bro. LOL

Not hard to do when you play qbs and offenses as bad as the sec has to offer

Man c'mon bro. LOL

They looked questionable against a Heisman trophy winner and one of the best offenses in the country. ****. There goes my argument.

Meanwhile our DB unit looked elite against the Wisconsin Badgers high powered passing attack.

Secondary looked elite vs the qb who smoked Clemson (Eric dungey), defense just didn’t show up after we had a lead vs Wisconsin

Just being objective.

Please, let's not even go there. It's one thing to be a fan, it's another thing to be completely naive. Rumph ain't touching Smart.

And?

There's probably videos of him coaching everything on the defense. That's what DC's do. Just cause you saw a video of Saban being hands-on with the CB's doesn't mean Smart sits back and twiddles his thumbs.

Like I can't believe people are really sitting here and implying that Mike Rumph, who was coaching high school a couple years ago, is a better DB coach then the former DC at the University of Alabama. LOL

By virtue of what, Macho?

If all you coach are 5* athletes how will anyone know how good you really are?

I know one thing, Rumph had Corn, Colbert, and Jackson looking like ballers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Actually Bama's pass defense the last few years of Smart's tenure and UGAs the last two years were their downfalls. Imagine if they didn't have dominant front 7s to help them out or play totally inept passing offenses 10 out of 12 games.

I'm not saying Rumph is without fault, but i wouldn't crown the people you're choosing to Crown either. If these DB coaches were all that you think they're then they wouldn't get toasted and absolutely **** on once they left bama. They get exposed for average when they aren't playing horrible passing teams or have 15 other 5* teammates

We really got people who think Mike Rumph can coach DB's better than the former DC and DB coach at the University of Alabama?

The guy who coached DB's at Valdosta State, LSU, the Miami Dolphins and won multiple National Championships coaching DB's under Nick Saban at Alabama.

Has won Assistant Coach of the Year multiple times as well as the Broyles Award. LOL

What's the logic on Mike Rumph being better than that^ guy?
I gotta hear this.

We really got people who think Mike Rumph can coach DB's better than the former DC and DB coach at the University of Alabama?

The guy who coached DB's at Valdosta State, LSU, the Miami Dolphins and won multiple National Championships coaching DB's under Nick Saban at Alabama.

Has won Assistant Coach of the Year multiple times as well as the Broyles Award. LOL

I gotta hear this.

Wasn’t all just Kirby though, Nick Saban spends a lot of time at the db position in practice

Actually Bama's pass defense the last few years of Smart's tenure and UGAs the last two years were their downfalls. Imagine if they didn't have dominant front 7s to help them out or play totally inept passing offenses 10 out of 12 games.

I'm not saying Rumph is without fault, but i wouldn't crown the people you're choosing to Crown either. If these DB coaches were all that you think they're then they wouldn't get toasted and absolutely **** on once they left bama. They get exposed for average when they aren't playing horrible passing teams or have 15 other 5* teammates

That's a bunch of nonsense. Every coach gets toasted once in a while. Happens to the best of them. Happens to Saban yearly.

You look at a coach's overall body of work, not a game here and there. Belichick got his a$$ whooped by Adam Gase this year. Is that supposed to mean something? No.

Advertisement

I gotta hear this.

Wasn’t all just Kirby though, Nick Saban spends a lot of time at the db position in practice

Sure. So let's just assume it's all Saban and Smart just sat back and finger banged himself. SMH. C'mon man.

I gotta hear this.

Resume as a player. 1st round pick ....

IF ONE OF OUR COACHES HAD THE SAME RESUME AS SMART, YALL WOULD BE USING THAT **** TO VALIDATE HIS ABILITY ALL THE TIME.

Take the **** O&G glasses off man. It's okay to say that another coach is elite. Only a fool would think that we have all the best coaches in the country.

Advertisement

I gotta hear this.

Resume as a player. 1st round pick ....

Which means absolutely NOTHING.

And?

By virtue of what, Macho?

If all you coach are 5* athletes how will anyone know how good you really are?

I know one thing, Rumph had Corn, Colbert, and Jackson looking like ballers.

LOL. The same could be said about Rumph's tenure at Heritage! Yet yall use that **** to validate his ability.

I gotta hear this.

Assistant coach of the year is the Broyles award player. I don't see what coaching a long time and hitching your wagon to Saban has to do with him actually being a good DB coach. I mean Paul WIlliams has coached forever and day too. Is he a good DB coach? You make a whole bunch of excuses when hit with facts or stats about Kirby (who they play, dominant front 7, more 5* players, their players are **** in the league because when everything is equal they suck because they didn't get good coaching), but its a body of work thing. However for our guy he is to green and our guys don't turn around for the ball. Isn't that what you say? I mean you have issuses with all our defensive coaches and how they teach, coach, call plays.

IF ONE OF OUR COACHES HAD THE SAME RESUME AS SMART, YALL WOULD BE USING THAT **** TO VALIDATE HIS ABILITY ALL THE TIME.

Take the **** O&G glasses off man. It's okay to say that another coach is elite. Only a fool would think that we have all the best coaches in the country.

OUR ARGUMENT IS HE IS NOT ELITE. YOU'RE THE ONE CROWNING HIM. ONLY YOU MAN. ONLY YOU

ELITE SECONDARY COACHES DON'T LOSE IT ALL ON 2 and 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back