Jump to #7 in the AP poll, #9 in the Coaches poll

Advertisement
IMG_0055.jpeg

👀

IMO polls should carry over from the prior year final poll to week 1 and then you start re-ranking and moving teams when games are actuallyplayed.

Preseason rankings are pointless so at least give it a baseline like prior year.

Maybe it’s me being a CPA and rolling forward prior year balances, etc.

We need to win conference championship which will give us a bye week.. No home game..
Someone brought up a really perverse incentive to 12/14/16 playoff format as presently organized...

You'd rather be the the team in say SEC/B1G that gets into playoff but didn't make your conference championship game only to lose that game due to how it shakes out for the bracket.

Advertisement
I think 4 of the top 6 are sec teams . OSU UGA Texas Miami Ole Miss are the 5 best teams . Tennessee is right there...
Exactly right. Starting with the Texas-Mich game, many of those in front of us will suffer from the attrition of playing each other. We can avoid any questions by winning our games.

IMO polls should carry over from the prior year final poll to week 1 and then you start re-ranking and moving teams when games are actuallyplayed.

Preseason rankings are pointless so at least give it a baseline like prior year.

Maybe it’s me being a CPA and rolling forward prior year balances, etc.
Or you have a preseason prediction poll, and it’s locked until after week 3 games are played

No chance. We’re not jumping 5 spots after beating FAMU when only two above us lost. And doubtful Oregon drops much, if at all, tel

i know this is your “should be,” but our FAMU win isn’t bumping us 5 spots when only 2 lost above us.

Plus … Oregon. They haven’t looked their ranking yet but no way they’re dropped much, if at all, for beating a decent BSU team.

And multiple teams above us played like **** against terrible competition, particularly Pedo State.

The voters dropped **** performers last week, they may very well do it again this week.

Advertisement
Moved up to 12 from 15 in the coaches poll

1. Georgia (48)
  2. Ohio State (3)
  3. Texas (1)
  4. Alabama
  5. Ole Miss
  6. Oregon
  7. Missouri
  8. Penn State
  9. Tennessee
  10. Utah
  11. USC
  12. Miami
  13. Oklahoma
  14. Oklahoma State
  15. Kansas State
  16. Michigan
  17. LSU
  18. Arizona
  19. Notre Dame
  20. Clemson
  21. Louisville
  22. Washington
  23. Iowa State
  24. Nebraska
  25. Memphis

Advertisement
Advertisement
lol at leaving pedo state in the top 10. Literally escaped with a win yesterday. And that was after looking like trash against WVU. I watched parts of the game yesterday and they are slow, poorly coached on D, and got a ton of home cooking. A couple PIs that weren’t called that might have put the game away for BG.

We should be so lucky to get Pedo State in a playoff format. Instead,, we’ll probably draw OL’ Miss.

Rankings are fun for fans and we've all grown up with them and they're a part of college football. But of course they don't matter anymore like they used to. All we need to do is win and everything will fall in to place.

Advertisement
Back