2025 Joshua Moore 4* WR from West Broward (Gator commit...for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use that same response on The Gator boards.
IMG_6718.gif

Advertisement
Will you send yours? Will you acknowledge publicly on the board the fact? I am tired of the DNA testing of posters.

I don't think anyone cares what you are tired of, you've been here 3 months (assuming you are not a previously-banned poster).

I have 3 UM diplomas, I'm tired of trolls and mopes, and I've been here nearly 13 years.

I don't think anyone cares what you are tired of, you've been here 3 months (assuming you are not a previously-banned poster).

I have 3 UM diplomas, I'm tired of trolls and mopes, and I've been here nearly 13 years.
I have been here reading this board way longer dude including Grassy! So stop the bull$#@
Put on the 3 diplomas here or your DNA testing!

Hilarious.

We have a second-year QB who beat Clemson and almost beat F$U as a true freshman. The Gator has a true-freshman who hasn't played a single college game yet.

I realize that Lagway was higher-rated, but the concept of a "general" is more about the mental and intangible parts of the job, not necessarily one's HS stats.

I do not want to bash Emory Williams. He is a Cane and he has demonstrated great toughness, work ethic, and leadership that I truly find impressive for such a young man.

But the way Emory throws a football (from his feet, to his grip, and the resulting inconsistent accuracy and lack of pop) leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully Emory can improve in those areas, but as a pure athlete or as a pure thrower of the football, I don't see much of a contest between him and Lagway (unfortunately), notwithstanding Lagway's lack of experience in actual games at this level.

I guess there could be some point to be made for Moore's use of the word "general," but I'm prepared to assume this young man was simply expressing his impression that Lagway is a stud QB and most schools recruiting him don't have a young QB on that level (not comparing him trait for trait with the attributes of a successful general). My response there would be to point at Nickel (whom I believe is that dude), though admittedly Nickel has even less experience at the collegiate level than Lagway.

Either way, I sincerely doubt this recruitment is over in the eyes of Mario/Dawson/Beard. I am not counting anyone in or out until ESD. Last season should have taught us all that lesson.

Advertisement
I do not want to bash Emory Williams. He is a Cane and he has demonstrated great toughness, work ethic, and leadership that I truly find impressive for such a young man.

But the way Emory throws a football (from his feet, to his grip, and the resulting inconsistent accuracy and lack of pop) leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully Emory can improve in those areas, but as a pure athlete or as a pure thrower of the football, I don't see much of a contest between him and Lagway (unfortunately), notwithstanding Lagway's lack of experience in actual games at this level.

I guess there could be some point to be made for Moore's use of the word "general," but I'm prepared to assume this young man was simply expressing his impression that Lagway is a stud QB and most schools recruiting him don't have a young QB on that level (not comparing him trait for trait with the attributes of a successful general). My response there would be to point at Nickel (whom I believe is that dude), though admittedly Nickel has even less experience at the collegiate level than Lagway.

Either way, I sincerely doubt this recruitment is over in the eyes of Mario/Dawson/Beard. I am not counting anyone in or out until ESD. Last season should have taught us all that lesson.
I hate Emory’s stance pre snap 😂 looks like he needs to take a 💩

Nothing you say is "wrong", I'm just pointing out the way he chose to rationalize things.

I would also point out that when the "Portal Life" bros come on here to tell us that the Portal is the one true way to happiness, or when @DMoney points out that the NIL investment in HS QBs is not exactly paying off as hoped, I continue to maintain that recruiting good HS QBs is still important to the overall recruiting process.

Ultimately, I want the best QB at the helm, whether a HS recruit or a Portal recruit. But I don't think we should be 100% focused on one at the expense of the other.

And if you "cut" a HS QB with a big NIL deal after a couple of years, you are not paying them for the years they are no longer enrolled.

I'm happy with Nickel, I think I'll be happy with Coleman. I just think it's the wrong approach to try to hit the QB jackpot in the Portal every single year.

Recruit both HS and Portal QBs.

Nothing you say is "wrong", I'm just pointing out the way he chose to rationalize things.

I would also point out that when the "Portal Life" bros come on here to tell us that the Portal is the one true way to happiness, or when @DMoney points out that the NIL investment in HS QBs is not exactly paying off as hoped, I continue to maintain that recruiting good HS QBs is still important to the overall recruiting process.

Ultimately, I want the best QB at the helm, whether a HS recruit or a Portal recruit. But I don't think we should be 100% focused on one at the expense of the other.

And if you "cut" a HS QB with a big NIL deal after a couple of years, you are not paying them for the years they are no longer enrolled.

I'm happy with Nickel, I think I'll be happy with Coleman. I just think it's the wrong approach to try to hit the QB jackpot in the Portal every single year.

Recruit both HS and Portal QBs.

Portal + HS should both be utilized every season. And QB is no exception.

There are two talent streams available in collegiate football and we should be utilizing both, and I do not see them as mutually exclusive in any way.
I similarly agree that any alleged "NIL hit" recruiting a HS QB is overstated. If the recruit performs to the level of his contract, there is no issue. If recruit underperforms on the contract, he will get cut (or renegotiate down) and you only "lose" the NIL money invested through the point. If the recruit overperforms on the contract, he'll be looking to renegotiate regardless. If you pay the recruit for one season but he doesn't play and attempts to enter the portal, you either renegotiate or re-invest that money back into the position with the benefit of having seen him in your program over the last season.

And woe onto the HC who puts all his eggs into the portal QB1 basket only to get outbid by another school, lose out to the NFL (like we nearly did), bring in a kid who underperforms (perhaps one of these highly rated HS QBs that transfers because of lack of early playing time or some DIII kid), or is otherwise unable to cajole "their QB" into the portal.

Advertisement
Portal + HS should both be utilized every season. And QB is no exception.

There are two talent streams available in collegiate football and we should be utilizing both, and I do not see them as mutually exclusive in any way.
I similarly agree that any alleged "NIL hit" recruiting a HS QB is overstated. If the recruit performs to the level of his contract, there is no issue. If recruit underperforms on the contract, he will get cut (or renegotiate down) and you only "lose" the NIL money invested through the point. If the recruit overperforms on the contract, he'll be looking to renegotiate regardless. If you pay the recruit for one season but he doesn't play and attempts to enter the portal, you either renegotiate or re-invest that money back into the position with the benefit of having seen him in your program over the last season.

And woe onto the HC who puts all his eggs into the portal QB1 basket only to get outbid by another school, lose out to the NFL (like we nearly did), bring in a kid who underperforms (perhaps one of these highly rated HS QBs that transfers because of lack of early playing time or some DIII kid), or is otherwise unable to cajole "their QB" into the portal.

Can we ask @DMoney for a "100,000" reaction emoji, because this post deserves it.

So yall think that the staff cant point to the fact that they picked up Cam in the portal? I doubt these kids are paying all these attention yall paying to it. We basically had to beg a player who eventually transferred to play in the bowl game.

These players probably left because the Gator class suck and they offered money Mario refused to match. Yall were crying about Rashada and blaming the staff and all it was was the Gators offering a Ponzi scheme deal. 😂😂😂😂

Gator writer has been pretty adamant that Moore has been very vocal about wanting to leave South Florida his entire recruitment. That’s why they always viewed FSU as the biggest threat to them

Gator writer has been pretty adamant that Moore has been very vocal about wanting to leave South Florida his entire recruitment. That’s why they always viewed FSU as the biggest threat to them

It's completely true. Josh Moore felt that the high temperatures in SoFla were too oppressive, and he wanted to move to a cooler climate...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nothing groundbreaking here but Gaby's morning update states Miami and fsu are still pushing hard. Moore is going to take game visits in the fall to both programs.

Stuff we all knew but he did add that Lagway was a big influence for him, being able to catch passes from him played a major role in the decision. Just something to think about as our 2025 QB is likely going to be very much up in the air after the season. May impact some WR decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back