Jess Simpson gone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We hired Stroud in January so this must have been in the works for awhile. It makes sense why we struggled to land D-Line recruits the last few weeks of Recruiting season.

Advertisement
Not worried. Simpson was a Richt apostle. Hard to tell what he was really capable of in a single year anyway.

Stroud seems fine. Wouldn't surprised me if this was a Manny initiated move given the speed of replacement announcement.

Maybe Simpson wasn't cutting it?

Not losing sleep over this at all.

Lol Simpson got an NFL job, yeah he wasn’t cutting it. Hahahah this board is full of dummies...

I liked Kul & Simpson.
BOTH moved UP the food chain.
I trust Manny's quick announcement was precisely bc Simp gave him ample headsup.
Doubt Manny woulda hired Stroud with the idea that a regression for his former unit at that position was going to be okay.
Stroud gets his shot.
We have talent and right philosophy.
We gun be alright there.
Calmeth thine ****ays.
Moreover, even at worst case, if Stroud was only best available at this point of coaching cycle that Manny could get, then we have to live with it anyways

Last edited:
Advertisement
The DL won't miss a beat with who we have. Sure, we'll miss our two departing tackles, but that's natural. DL isn't hard to coach at all. It's also a position that's more about what kind of athlete you have than anything else. It is without a doubt the easiest coaching position there is.

The DL won't miss a beat with who we have. Sure, we'll miss our two departing tackles, but that's natural. DL isn't hard to coach at all. It's also a position that's more about what kind of athlete you have than anything else. It is without a doubt the easiest coaching position there is.

W our scheme, our line will be fine

Could care less about Simpson to be honest. Wasn't sold on him as a recruiter or a teacher. DT play outside of Willis (who was gonna eat regardless of who was his coach) was trash.

My issue is the rush replacement hire. Those always irk me. Do a search. Put some feelers out there. You'd be surprised at the names who might bite.

****, I'd throw the bank at Jim Leavitt just to gauge his interest.
I understand some of you on here are unbothered or at least displaying a facade that you’re unbothered but stop saying stupid shxt like this, Simpson has been nothing short of tremendous, our d-line was supposed to be our weakest link, yet it held its own thanks to Simpson and Willis he found a replacement for Willis I’m a short timespan, and he recruited some excellent gems with high upside, he was a great up and coming position coach and this usually happens to great up and coming coaches.

Advertisement
The first move of Manny’s I do not like. Very skeptical of his recruiting ability, let alone DESIRE to recruit. DL is way too important, and this guy seems like a solid coach but below average recruiter. We can’t sustain the recruiting we’ve had there.
Well he was a Recruiting coordinator for Colorado State so he must be half decent at Recruiting.. lmao idk why people always do this **** with a new coaching hire. How the **** would you know if the DC of Akron is a good or bad Recruiter?

Last edited:
Not worried. Simpson was a Richt apostle. Hard to tell what he was really capable of in a single year anyway.

Stroud seems fine. Wouldn't surprised me if this was a Manny initiated move given the speed of replacement announcement.

Maybe Simpson wasn't cutting it?

Not losing sleep over this at all.
Wasn’t cutting it but took an NFL D Line coaching job … ok

Advertisement
Back