2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I really like that plan, but where are the Jameis Winston and Davonta Freeman?
Still looking for them but transfer portal helps. I just mean if Mario closes on those guys he will be able to close on enough other guys to have a team that stacked

Yea it's going to be tough to meet those expectations. I agree gotta go with Stewart as well the potential of a 3rd and long with lightfoot Bain Scott and Stewart is to good. It's not like we don't have carr jojo and ray ray right now. The Wr position is completely reliant on the QB a defensive line can take over a game though. Pause for all of that jic.
That last sentence is soft af man. You’ve gotta be harder than that…

👀

Pretty easy man. Stack the trenches.

OSU isn’t getting over the hump right now despite all of their 1st round WRs.
Bama’s trench play (especially along the OL) was salty and dominant yesterday. The best OL play wins a very high percentage of games. It all starts there. Mario is the right guy for this and hopefully JT will build the other trench for us.

Advertisement
Still looking for them but transfer portal helps. I just mean if Mario closes on those guys he will be able to close on enough other guys to have a team that stacked
I do think momentum is a thing -- like you're saying, if you close with all those, then snagging a top QB becomes easier...

Last edited:
Kevin Riley is ranked higher than freeman was and our RB room is loaded with Lyle probably joining so not sure where you're headed with that one

qb will be a portal qb
Winston made that team run, Jimbo a lot of money and we've been hearing we are only a QB away.... so that is where I am going...

"Loaded" in what way? I am not seeing our RBs be the difference makers I am seeing in other games... been hearing about it being loaded, not been seeing the difference maker output ....

Winston made that team run, Jimbo a lot of money and we've been hearing we are only a QB away.... so that is where I am going...

"Loaded" in what way? I am not seeing our RBs be the difference makers I am seeing in other games... been hearing about it being loaded, not been seeing the difference maker output ....
well we were RB by committee so that's why you didn't see 1 excel as much as a freeman for FSU

we ranked #15 in the country in yards per rush at 5.2, that will only get better next year with Riley, citizen back, fletcher matured, etc.

Advertisement

Alot of these guys dont even watch other games, they have no basis for their comments, majority of our backs cant make a man miss a tackle one on one, our backs had one of the worst break tackle rates in country. You would think we have a stable of NFL backs the way they talk, its absolutely not the case. At this point the only back who shown any promise beyond avg is Fletcher

well we were RB by committee so that's why you didn't see 1 excel as much as a freeman for FSU

we ranked #15 in the country in yards per rush at 5.2, that will only get better next year with Riley, citizen back, fletcher matured, etc.

We’ve heard loaded for years…

Loaded: Knighton, Franklin, Chaney

Loaded: Chaney, Citizen, Fletcher, CJ

Committees are great, but I am talking about RBs popping off the screen and bursting through the line like we see on other squads…

If CJ is that guy, then where was he?

The one guy that popped during the Clemson game disappeared into bench mode…

I don’t really care all that much about Devonta Freeman other than he was a guy that shouldn’t have gotten away.

Advertisement
We’ve heard loaded for years…

Loaded: Knighton, Franklin, Chaney

Loaded: Chaney, Citizen, Fletcher, CJ

Committees are great, but I am talking about RBs popping off the screen and bursting through the line like we see on other squads…

If CJ is that guy, then where was he?

The one guy that popped during the Clemson game disappeared into bench mode…

I don’t really care all that much about Devonta Freeman other than he was a guy that shouldn’t have gotten away.
if anyone said we were loaded with Knighton Franklin and Chaney then I want what they were having

- TreVonte' Citizen - #8 RB
- Henry Parrish - Portal (local)

- Mark Fletcher - #6 RB (local)
- Chris Johnson - #25 RB (local)
- Ajay Allen - Portal

- Kevin Riley - #5 RB
- Chris Wheatley-Humprhrey - #81 RB (local)
- Probably getting Jordan Lyle - #12 RB (local)

that's the best RB room we've had in a long time, do you disagree?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to get at, when Knighton was here our OL was **** - and lashlee struggles to call an efficient ground attack, now we have one of the best OL in the country and it's showing it's dividends. if this is because we don't have a feature back, then that's by design because we are RB by committee

if anyone said we were loaded with Knighton Franklin and Chaney then I want what they were having

- TreVonte' Citizen - #8 RB
- Henry Parrish - Portal (local)

- Mark Fletcher - #6 RB (local)
- Chris Johnson - #25 RB (local)
- Ajay Allen - Portal

- Kevin Riley - #5 RB
- Chris Wheatley-Humprhrey - #81 RB (local)
- Probably getting Jordan Lyle - #12 RB (local)

that's the best RB room we've had in a long time, do you disagree?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to get at, when Knighton was here our OL was **** - and lashlee struggles to call an efficient ground attack, now we have one of the best OL in the country and it's showing it's dividends. if this is because we don't have a feature back, then that's by design because we are RB by committee

I want to see dominant players on the field, difference makers being put in position to make a difference and making it…

If you find that as anti-coach criticism, so be it, but it’s pro-Miami winning football games…

Advertisement
I want to see dominant players on the field, difference makers being put in position to make a difference and making it…

If you find that as anti-coach criticism, so be it, but it’s pro-Miami winning football games…
I guess I don't see what you're talking about. I think Fletcher has been a difference maker, Citizen has been hurt, and Chris Johnson had a TD already with little to no burn. We're hitting on all the players we should be hitting on locally and then some. if there's one room to not be upset about it's probably RB or OL but that's just my opinion. It's too early to say these players aren't difference makers

I guess I don't see what you're talking about. I think Fletcher has been a difference maker, Citizen has been hurt, and Chris Johnson had a TD already with little to no burn. We're hitting on all the players we should be hitting on locally and then some. if there's one room to not be upset about it's probably RB or OL but that's just my opinion. It's too early to say these players aren't difference makers

Too early, still developing, learning the blocking is all fair, but to illustrate my point Benson was a level or more above our committee of backs and we need that level of player again here…

Maybe they are on the roster. Maybe they are in this class.

Would just like to point out, 7-5 Miami started a true freshman QB against "playoff" FSU, in their house, and had an infinitely more productive offense than what we just saw. And some of us want our OC fired.

People want to pump up their defense but not enough people are having a conversation about how unbelievably pathetic of an offensive game plan that was from an offensive head coach.

The offense looked like trash against us and has in a lot of games this season, with a roster that's supposedly "loaded".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back