2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Mario was told they were out of timeouts and we could kneel it. He said “ run it ”. He had his reasons for it and imo they were ludicrous.
donald trump GIF

I hope he never reveals them. Only thing that can even soothe any of this is go up to Chappel Hill and handle UNC. Dumb cannot be reasoned

Me either cause if this is really true about him ordering a run it makes him look even dumber then this will be all over the airwaves….best just to let it fade into the sunset and hope he doesn’t do again….

Last edited:
I'm racking my brain thinking what those could possibly be. Obviously none of them make a lick of sense, but I'm confused as to what could even possibly sway him from kneeling on the ball? Stat padding, "exerting your will", being a caveman, disrespecting your opponent, like what could possibly be a reason that he was told "hey coach, we can take a knee here", and he would think it over and say, "No, run the ball". Like maybe if Don Chaney was planning on retiring from football after the game and he wanted him to be able to take the ball home with him? I'm so baffled.
To me it’s the machismo bull**** about grinding until the end is the only thing I can remotely think of that he in his head justified with his moronic action.

Advertisement
If that's what happened, then Holy **** that makes the whole ordeal even worse than I previously thought...

Yeah. IF that is what happened, then he is a dead man walking as a head coach.

He said in one of his post game interviews that he should have stepped in and said take a knee… you just can’t lie about something like that and expect any decent coordinator to ever want to work with you again.

Advertisement
Yeah. IF that is what happened, then he is a dead man walking as a head coach.

He said in one of his post game interviews that he should have stepped in and said take a knee… you just can’t lie about something like that and expect any decent coordinator to ever want to work with you again.
I dont have in me to wait another six months for a coordinator hire to find out.

Not the worst loss or the most impactful. Never said it was. Leaving in gassed pitchers isn't even in the same universe of stupidity. A relief pitcher could get shelled just as much as the starting pitcher. There is still an element of uncertainty. There was not an element in our game. Take a knee and the game is over. A better baseball example would be if in the bottom of the ninth with the bases loaded and no outs, a batter hits a ball that rockets past the right fielder, but the third base coach holds the runner on third base because he thinks games are better when they end with walk-off grand slams.

In terms of a deliberate coaching decision (and @Cribby said Cristobal directly told Dawson to keep running it), I stand by my opinion that it is near the top of the list of dumbest calls by a coach in sports history.
You do realize there's literally video (in the end when it actually mattered when time was running out where you can see Mario saying Time to take a knee right) Mario deserves tons of criticism. But atleast keep it a buck or imply context. So while he definitely had said let's run in the fourth to kill out the clock. He definitely didn't say don't take a knee .run here.

Advertisement
Me either cause if this is really true about him ordering a run it makes him look even dumber then this will be all over the airwaves….best just to let it fade into the sunset and hope he doesn’t do again….
The crazy s*** is it's not like we need to give them any more ammo right now to fire at us. However our own fan base has no issue with providing nonsense. Yes @Cribby is 100% right that he said keep running the ball. However if people can't let this go then you need to imply context because he didn't say that with 26 seconds left to keep running the ball he said that with minutes left in the game keep running the ball. There's literally video out where you can see clear as day he said time to take a knee right... So let's do our part not to help spread propaganda that fan bases spread all over social media no different than y'all do in all these tears threads. He deserves more than enough **** for the entirety of that game and the game plan we even went into that **** show of a game with. For that feel free to burn that mother ****** at the cross. But don't go even one step further and sensationalize a call he never made.

The crazy s*** is it's not like we need to give them any more ammo right now to fire at us. However our own fan base has no issue with providing nonsense. Yes @Cribby is 100% right that he said keep running the ball. However if people can't let this go then you need to imply context because he didn't say that with 26 seconds left to keep running the ball he said that with minutes left in the game keep running the ball. There's literally video out where you can see clear as day he said time to take a knee right... So let's do our part not to help spread propaganda that fan bases spread all over social media no different than y'all do in all these tears threads. He deserves more than enough **** for the entirety of that game and the game plan we even went into that **** show of a game with. For that feel free to burn that mother ****** at the cross. But don't go even one step further and sensationalize a call he never made.
First off I never said ” seconds were left“. At 1:18 the game was mathematically over after the first down run & time-out.

He discussed taking a knee when it was brought up to him after the last timeout by GT and the first down. Yet he said “ run it and have Don put both hands on it “. He had reasons for this too but they made no sense. Just like in the presser he said “ we should’ve called a timeout and recalibrated ourselves“. Which also makes no sense beens a delay of game still ends the game after a couple kneels. There was no need beens the clock wasn’t running.

Me of all people doesn’t want to bash Mario but this is his second time doing this and it’s unacceptable. He has to eat this one , there’s no defending it. He’s the head coach and has a rep for a reason. I’m personally over it but I won’t defend stupid behavior. On to Unc.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Both you and @Cribby are reputable posters and appear to be saying opposite things. Anyways no point on dwelling on it anymore. What's done is done.
I’m not here to have a source off but Mario knew the exact time situation and downs to end the game. Kneeling was brought up multiple times because the game was mathematically over after the last time out / first down. He literally said in the presser he told them to tell Don to put two hands on it” that play. Which lines up with what I was told. I’m done with this now.

I think it's okay to acknowledge the deficits in our coaching staff. you dont need to be a huge homer bc you love the guy. we beat UNC its all forgotten. its also quite funny when we look back on this in 5 years. ****, DBJ was out of the radio booth w a min left to get on field interviews and press and then it all went to **** which is hilarious bc he left Joe Z alone up there

I’m under the impression from what I heard that Mario wanted to run the ball and backdoored and let his oc eat the charges on his behalf. Now I wanna say my source is extremely bias in the situation so hard to know the truth lol either way we play unc this week fella’s not the ghost of GT’s past

You do realize there's literally video (in the end when it actually mattered when time was running out where you can see Mario saying Time to take a knee right) Mario deserves tons of criticism. But atleast keep it a buck or imply context. So while he definitely had said let's run in the fourth to kill out the clock. He definitely didn't say don't take a knee .run here.
Dawson has been struggling with his call all week. I’m sure you know. Hopefully, he makes it up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back