2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah NFL can be weird…if TVD continues having the season he’s having with the TD-INT Ratio there should be no reason why he’s not a day 2 pick
It all depends on how many QB needy teams are drafting. LV, Atlanta, AZ, Washington, MN all will probably look to draft somebody. Chicago, TB, Seattle and Denver could as well. Not sure what next year’s class looks like but 4-5 first round QBs wouldn’t surprise me. TVD should work out well. Not a huge leap to see a path he goes in rounds 1-2.

Advertisement
It all depends on how many QB needy teams are drafting. LV, Atlanta, AZ, Washington, MN all will probably look to draft somebody. Chicago, TB, Seattle and Denver could as well. Not sure what next year’s class looks like but 4-5 first round QBs wouldn’t surprise me. TVD should work out well. Not a huge leap to see a path he goes in rounds 1-2.

Again, I strongly argue that if a team believe TVD can be their starter, they will trade up for him because of how important the QB spot is. IF there are 15 starting-level QBs in the draft, we will see 15 QBs drafted in the first round. Normally there are 1-3, so everyone extrapolates and says only 1-3 will get drafted in future drafts. That's just not the case, IMHO.

And TVD may not be ranked in the top 5 right now. I am confident he will be by the end of the year. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the Top 3. He's definitely starting caliber. He is one of the most accurate passers in all of college football, has a cannon of an arm, and is still developing as an option threat. Upside is impressive.

The work to be done continues to increase.

At some point, the time left to complete the task and the additional work added after the fact becomes insurmountable.

Last year, Inniss was really giving these guys a chance.

I don’t believe Smith is being genuine.

Because of one comment his father made? I don't know, man, that interview he and Jo Jo just gave made me feel like he's enjoying his process and it's not over. Let's let KB, SD, and MC work their magic.

Let OSU look bad and/or lose to Maryland today and the trend towards us could make a huge jump today.

If Smith flips, he flips. It will be icing on the cake.

It sure seems like Carr will be a part of this class, sooner rather than later, and that gives Miami a really nice committed WR group. It sounds like they are still working Wingo, who Dawson really likes.

I feel like Gandhi does - it's seemed more like appeasement to the local fans and respect for Mario that they keep listening. Happy to be wrong on signing day but I don't expect much.

Advertisement

It sure seems like Carr will be a part of this class, sooner rather than later, and that gives Miami a really nice committed WR group. It sounds like they are still working Wingo, who Dawson really likes.

I feel like Gandhi does - it's seemed more like appeasement to the local fans and respect for Mario that they keep listening. Happy to be wrong on signing day but I don't expect much.
Yeah good point. let's not lose sight of what we have committed

Trader - elite
Chance- top 150 player and top 20 WR from important school
Carr- top 10/15 WR stolen from UGA.

That's 3 WRs in the top 20 and all 3 very different types of athletes. Great WR class even if that's all we ended up with.

GTFOH with the excuses. Yes, Trader, Carr, and Chase is a great WR class. But I don’t give a ****. Smiff is a legitimately program changing player. Legitimately. Not the way it’s too easily thrown around on message boards. He’s a first-round NFL WR who is worth literal on-field wins just by himself. Not getting him is a failure, period. Nothing else matters or needs to be said. There are no consolation prizes. Get this unicorn or you failed. Enough with the “yeah but” ****. That’s what losers say. Winners get him to sign on the line which is dotted.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah good point. let's not lose sight of what we have committed

Trader - elite
Chance- top 150 player and top 20 WR from important school
Carr- top 10/15 WR stolen from UGA.

That's 3 WRs in the top 20 and all 3 very different types of athletes. Great WR class even if that's all we ended up with.

I’m good with this too. Without Smith we have an excellent class. With him it’s historic . Can’t lose.

Advertisement
There’ll be a portal qb if Tyler leaves. 100 percent
Cribby - what QB’s do you think would be a good fit for Miami?

I like Maalik Murphy and Brock Vandegriff for their talent, but they don’t have much game experience.

What’s your thoughts on Michael Pratt from Tulane?

Advertisement

Feel the same. Manny would’ve never had the chance. It’s OSU’s to lose…. They could very well fumble considering how their offense has looked.

I never understood this logic. You cannot look at the number of QBs drafted in past first rounds without looking at the talent of the QBs available. I strongly contend that there are enough NFL teams Who need QBs that they will take as many Rd1 QBs as are available.

My point is TVD is a Rd1 talent. He’s going in Rd1 whether or not he’s the 4th or 5th QB taken. Teams won’t wait on him.

I’d love to have him running the Saints offense instead of Carr right now…

Cribby - what QB’s do you think would be a good fit for Miami?

I like Maalik Murphy and Brock Vandegriff for their talent, but they don’t have much game experience.

What’s your thoughts on Michael Pratt from Tulane?
I've been a secret Brock Vandegriff fan for a while. I would be happy to see him in Coral Gables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back