2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Again I’m not saying this is not necessarily my opinion but that’s the landscape we are looking at. TVD might still be seen as a mid rounder.
You guys both bring up good points

To your point, the NFL continues to get downright goofy when it comes to evaluating and drafting QBs

Who the heck knows what they ultimately do

Advertisement
No way on sanders.

You may have an argument with penix.

Imo, ewers and JJM still have a lot to prove and TVD - I’d argue - has a better body of work so far.
No matter how well tvd plays this year, teams will still hold ast year against him heavily. And thats fair imo, if you are a first rounder your play doesn’t fall off that bad, now we know the context and will push most of it aside cause it was a horrible situation but a nfl team that drafts a qb in the first round will say hey our situation isn’t perfect either so if u cant rise above that in college what will u do in the league

You guys both bring up good points

To your point, the NFL continues to get downright goofy when it comes to evaluating and drafting QBs

Who the heck knows what they ultimately do
Yeah NFL can be weird…if TVD continues having the season he’s having with the TD-INT Ratio there should be no reason why he’s not a day 2 pick

Advertisement
Yeah NFL can be weird…if TVD continues having the season he’s having with the TD-INT Ratio there should be no reason why he’s not a day 2 pick
If that’s the case, there is zero reason for him leaving as we should be able to pay him way more than he’ll get as a Day 2 pick

TVD has room to grow and improve his draft stock because as of today, he's a mid round pick. Compared to Kyle Trask is not a positive when it comes to the NFL...

Him and Trask are similar and Trask is still getting nfl checks. Ain’t nothing wrong with that life.

I will say I think TVD has a little more mobility than Trask. Him pulling it and running in recent weeks is a good thing to put on tape for multiple reasons.

It’s Canesport ill take it with a grain of salt

But how many times is his family gonna move the goalposts? Now it’s we need to have a good bowl game? :pgdead:

I’ve been telling you guys since the summer. You continue to push because of the level of talent, but expectations need to be lowered to zero.

“They need a new offense”
Dawson comes in the spring.

“I want to see them in action during the spring”
Goes to 4-5 practices, commits to OSU as they struggle even during their Spring.

“I need to see it during the season”
Miami has three WR in the top 10 of the ACC, and so far is top 10 in the country.

“I need to see progress from the program”
Miami has soundly beat what looks like a Top 15 program in A2M at home. The SEC West is down, but they’re the favorite given how bad Bama’s offense is.

Today - “We need to see what bowl game they play in, and how the season finishes”

Come on man…look at what they’re doing and not what they’re saying.

Advertisement
He’ll be an EE at OSU.
adam sandler shut up GIF

Advertisement
Again I’m not saying this is not necessarily my opinion but that’s the landscape we are looking at. TVD might still be seen as a mid rounder.

I never understood this logic. You cannot look at the number of QBs drafted in past first rounds without looking at the talent of the QBs available. I strongly contend that there are enough NFL teams Who need QBs that they will take as many Rd1 QBs as are available.

My point is TVD is a Rd1 talent. He’s going in Rd1 whether or not he’s the 4th or 5th QB taken. Teams won’t wait on him.

He’ll be an EE at OSU.
You don't think he's seriously considering Miami?

Let's just say we go 11-1 or 10-2 regular season with 2 1k receivers. Have a great ACCCG and a great postseason setup. That along with NIL and playing with friends and for the home team that's clearly trending up.

For OSU let's say their offense continues to look like it does and they lose 2 regular season games and don't make it to the B1G championship game. And Brian Hartline leaves.

Do we have a chance then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back