2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was a more boneheaded coaching move in sports? The game was over if Cristobal tells TVD to kneel. Chris Weber? He was on the court, and made a split second (bad) decision. Also, he wasn't the coach. Some ill-advised onside kick? There is at least some semblance of a reason for it, like catch the opponent by surprise. Pete Carroll in the super bowl? Stakes were obviously higher, but there was no guarantee Lynch scores a TD. Believe it or not, Lynch was statistically one of the worst goal line backs in the NFL that season, and during some of his prime years (2012 to 2014) he was THE worst short yardage back in the NFL.

So it was dumb call but Lynch had already been stopped in short yardage situations several times in the game Carroll had a plausible reason to trust his QB to make a good decision. You tell me, what other coaching decision has been worse?
It’s happened before and will happen again.
Patterson Plank Joe’s eye started twitching after he saw that play.
….and that was on the pro level where it cost another team a playoff spot.

There are many examples where managers left gassed pitchers in and lost because of it,
In World Series games.

I was “shook” too.
But I’m hearing worst call, worst loss…in the 5th game of a CFB season?
C’mon man.

Advertisement
I still think we can flip Smith if we come out and take care of business against North Carolina and continue to improve on the season…

Only at Miami would we show an explosive passing offense all year. Finally get the best receiver in the entire country located in your background to attend a game and Mario/Dawson go full caveman offensively.

This program never stops ceasing to amaze me…. In all the wrong ways

Did I not see another receiver go for over 100 yards yet again? Sure the offense was a snoozer but it seems it can still crank out 100 yard recieving games for recievers while asleep.

Did I not see another receiver go for over 100 yards yet again? Sure the offense was a snoozer but it seems it can still crank out 100 yard recieving games for recievers while asleep.
The biggest surprise for me was that Tyler went 24/36. We ran the ball 47 times. It did not feel like we attempted only 11 less passes than runs. I would’ve guessed, based on feel of the game, that we passed the ball 15-20 times.

It’s happened before and will happen again.
Patterson Plank Joe’s eye started twitching after he saw that play.
….and that was on the pro level where it cost another team a playoff spot.

There are many examples where managers left gassed pitchers in and lost because of it,
In World Series games.

I was “shook” too.
But I’m hearing worst call, worst loss…in the 5th game of a CFB season?
C’mon man.

Not the worst loss or the most impactful. Never said it was. Leaving in gassed pitchers isn't even in the same universe of stupidity. A relief pitcher could get shelled just as much as the starting pitcher. There is still an element of uncertainty. There was not an element in our game. Take a knee and the game is over. A better baseball example would be if in the bottom of the ninth with the bases loaded and no outs, a batter hits a ball that rockets past the right fielder, but the third base coach holds the runner on third base because he thinks games are better when they end with walk-off grand slams.

In terms of a deliberate coaching decision (and @Cribby said Cristobal directly told Dawson to keep running it), I stand by my opinion that it is near the top of the list of dumbest calls by a coach in sports history.

Advertisement
Not the worst loss or the most impactful. Never said it was. Leaving in gassed pitchers isn't even in the same universe of stupidity. A relief pitcher could get shelled just as much as the starting pitcher. There is still an element of uncertainty. There was not an element in our game. Take a knee and the game is over. A better baseball example would be if in the bottom of the ninth with the bases loaded and no outs, a batter hits a ball that rockets past the right fielder, but the third base coach holds the runner on third base because he thinks games are better when they end with walk-off grand slams.

In terms of a deliberate coaching decision (and @Cribby said Cristobal directly told Dawson to keep running it), I stand by my opinion that it is near the top of the list of dumbest calls by a coach in sports history.
Mario was told they were out of timeouts and we could kneel it. He said “ run it ”. He had his reasons for it and imo they were ludicrous.

Mario was told they were out of timeouts and we could kneel it. He said “ run it ”. He had his reasons for it and imo they were ludicrous.

I'm racking my brain thinking what those could possibly be. Obviously none of them make a lick of sense, but I'm confused as to what could even possibly sway him from kneeling on the ball? Stat padding, "exerting your will", being a caveman, disrespecting your opponent, like what could possibly be a reason that he was told "hey coach, we can take a knee here", and he would think it over and say, "No, run the ball". Like maybe if Don Chaney was planning on retiring from football after the game and he wanted him to be able to take the ball home with him? I'm so baffled.

Advertisement
I'm racking my brain thinking what those could possibly be. Obviously none of them make a lick of sense, but I'm confused as to what could even possibly sway him from kneeling on the ball? Stat padding, "exerting your will", being a caveman, disrespecting your opponent, like what could possibly be a reason that he was told "hey coach, we can take a knee here", and he would think it over and say, "No, run the ball". Like maybe if Don Chaney was planning on retiring from football after the game and he wanted him to be able to take the ball home with him? I'm so baffled.
w.e. it was, it was the wrong reasons. I think it's the caveman thinking tbh. kneeling is soft. we play till the whistle bull**** till you lose a game you shouldn't bc your ego was too big to just go home with a w

Can we wrap up this continuous conversation of kneeling and **** and what Mario should have done by Friday

We got a team we're trying to blow out on Saturday. If Carr can see that we still put up 450 yards of offense despite playing like absolute horseshyt then so should Smith. We've made him feel more special than any other human being in recent years recruiting wise. If he doesn't see it let him GO be in Columbus, enjoy life and maybe we cross paths again

. If he doesn't see it let him GO be in Columbus, enjoy life and maybe we cross paths again

See my post in the off topic forum about Ohio State. I hope Smith is aware that there is a strong likelihood at least one professor or administrator is going to join him in the showers and wait for him to drop the soap.

Advertisement
thats ignoring that we also lost the game bc the HC made a dumbass decision. that stands out more than the bad call esp to a recruit who is trusting this guy w his career. regardless, our WR class is great with or without smith.
How is that ignoring that when it’s literally what I said?

This is why i havent entertained a single criticism of a player, play calling, anything. Im stuck on the fact we won the game and he deliberately ran the ball twice. There is no anger or anything. Just disbelief

Advertisement
thats ignoring that we also lost the game bc the HC made a dumbass decision. that stands out more than the bad call esp to a recruit who is trusting this guy w his career. regardless, our WR class is great with or without smith.

The last I'll say about is that one thing still doesn't add up. Another poster tried to use the example of Popovich sitting Duncan in game 6 as a dumber coaching decision. Pop explained in detail his (IMO sound) reasoning. Another used the example of Pete Carroll. Again, that one isn't close to the same, as Lynch was one of the worst short yardage backs in the NFL (for a 3 year period in the prime of his career he was literally THE worst short yardage back). There was a logic behind the decision to pass. All Cristobal has said was that he made the wrong decision. But I still want to know what he was thinking at the time. Maybe he had thought he had a tactical advantage. Or maybe he just misread the clock (I honestly wouldn't be nearly as upset if this was the case because math is hard). But if his reason is that he believes that football is tuff and fisical until the clock hits 0 and that kneeling is for pu$$ies, then oh boy do we have a problem.

Hard lesson learned to not take the easy route (knee) than chasing stats.

We deserved to lose that game the way the offense and TVD played… we somehow with a late JW20 int stole 3 points

been waiting for someone to find evidence of this indeed not being the worst call in college football history but just one of many similarly dumb calls
What I want is us up by 20 points or so and we have the ball at the 1 yard line vs Clemson, UiF or FSPoo and us running it in, especially if it’s Cuck Boi Dabo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back