Jeff Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
[MENTION=349]BigCaneAl[/MENTION]- We're so different culturally from Bama. Hard to imagine us operating like them and their invitation only club.

Advertisement
E
When you have a position of need, there aren't a lot of prospects and you're competing with SEC powers - that's not a good position to be in.

We saw it up close last year with wr Latrell Williams who was committed to Dugans at USF for almost a year then followed him here and Tennessee gets on him a couple weeks prior to NSD and takes him away with Byrd.Now some will say Byrd followed Larry Scott but Williams all Dugans who worked on him and forged a strong bond for over a year and again UT comes in and in days erases all that,how is that possible,we alll know.

remember when ole miss got all those 5 stars out of the blue? each one of those guys were commited else where. two weed heads one guy had a baby, yes! they are paying these guys and espn backing them up because of the money. every channel is sec i don't watch none of those channels thats why we losing those guys i told bryd before he left if he stay with us he would be a star, now, he's done. but he tried to tell us that they wanted him bad$ he said they showing a lot of love two days before signin$.

Exactly. That $EC bagmen network is extensive and powerful. Richt had it at GA. Saban has it now. We lost Peterson, Watkins, Cook, Alexander, Bryd, Collins, and countless others. Sometimes i wish we had our own network, but we blew it with Shapiro.

Nevin had the wrong temperament to be a good bag man. He wanted to be in the limelight with these guys. I'd think that the better bag men are low key and take care of things quietly. We need ninjas with duffels.

Not to mention that one of the true blue traits of a "successful" bag man is actually being an alumni of the university. Rat *** midget Nevin could have cared less about UM when his *** was on the line.

UM

tony-gaiter-1995-miami-hurricanes-team-isue.webp

Advertisement
E
We saw it up close last year with wr Latrell Williams who was committed to Dugans at USF for almost a year then followed him here and Tennessee gets on him a couple weeks prior to NSD and takes him away with Byrd.Now some will say Byrd followed Larry Scott but Williams all Dugans who worked on him and forged a strong bond for over a year and again UT comes in and in days erases all that,how is that possible,we alll know.

remember when ole miss got all those 5 stars out of the blue? each one of those guys were commited else where. two weed heads one guy had a baby, yes! they are paying these guys and espn backing them up because of the money. every channel is sec i don't watch none of those channels thats why we losing those guys i told bryd before he left if he stay with us he would be a star, now, he's done. but he tried to tell us that they wanted him bad$ he said they showing a lot of love two days before signin$.

Exactly. That $EC bagmen network is extensive and powerful. Richt had it at GA. Saban has it now. We lost Peterson, Watkins, Cook, Alexander, Bryd, Collins, and countless others. Sometimes i wish we had our own network, but we blew it with Shapiro.

Nevin had the wrong temperament to be a good bag man. He wanted to be in the limelight with these guys. I'd think that the better bag men are low key and take care of things quietly. We need ninjas with duffels.

Not to mention that one of the true blue traits of a "successful" bag man is actually being an alumni of the university. Rat *** midget Nevin could have cared less about UM when his *** was on the line.

UM

This plus SEC bagmen know that if they turn on their school by going public and/or ratting them to the NCAA, that there will be severe social and
personal repercussions to be paid by him and possibly his family.
In essence, they will have to leave the state, maybe the southeastern region of country.
In soFla, you can rat out UM all day and night, for 12 months in a row, and no one will bat an eyelash.
In fact, you will probably get favorable air-time by one of the local radio and print reporters who cover UM
athletics, many of whom are UM grads, and you will have a lawyer who is a UM grad representing you.

Is Thomas even considering us, and are coaches taking it seriously?

Advertisement
He is a beast. Get him off national TV because everyone is going to offer him.

Just go an update on him that I will post shortly. It's time to take him serious as a target. Miami now believes they can get him in.

Advertisement
Just go an update on him that I will post shortly. It's time to take him serious as a target. Miami now believes they can get him in.

LOL.
With all due respect to Ariz, seen this movie before.
This aint going to end well.

I want to be wrong, but I'm seeing this as another chance to be a bridesmaid.

Advertisement

LOL.
With all due respect to Ariz, seen this movie before.
This aint going to end well.

I'm not insinuating that Miami will land him or that they lead, but when I asked Miami about him on December 18th, they said he didn't appear to have the grades on first glance. I asked again just now and they're more confident that they would be able to get him in after doing some more background research. I was not going to take him serious as a "target" until I heard from them that he could potentially even qualify.

Glad the staff is going after everything not locked down. I think at least 1 of these guys will end up jumping on board (Pouncey, Thomas, Smith), but hopefully we get 2. I'm sure some more names will emerge as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back