Jeff Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would any player want to play for Petrino? That dude is just as much of a nutjob as Holgerson.

probably excited about playing with the Heisman trophy winner... Hopefully he'll realize that's being short sided and with his history, being in a small private school with a more structured environment is better for his future than playing for that nuttcase

Advertisement
"Jeff Thomas has 2 Leaders"

can anyone give us recap? the Louisville writer CB'd him to them today too...

Jeff Thomas has two leaders

Louisville has been in his top 3 with us and Illinois, but Pete thought before that it was really us and Illinois. I'm hoping this means Illinois has slipped and we lead, does anyone know when he takes an ov to Louisville?
Illini is fading and may be backing off. He visits Louisville this weekend. His coach said yesterday that he probably won't visit Illinois at all since he been there already

Not seeing the Tennessee scum bags listed pleases me very much

Last edited:
larry scott and eric josephs recruit miami recruits harder now than they did at UM

247 says it's us and Louisville at the top. I think that's good news, because the Illinois draw is that it's "home."

The Louisville article made it sound like Thomas's coach is all over Petrino's roadrashed crank, but perhaps that's just the result of the questions asked.

About Louisville's system: “Petrino runs a system that fits Jeff’s skill-set. Whenever you have the opportunity to play in a system that highlights your skills it’s a perfect match.”

About how appealing playing next to Lamar would be: “I think it would be very appealing, you’re talking about the Heisman Trophy winner. Every kid wants to play next to a super star. A guy like Lamar getting you the ball that puts you on the national map at the collegiate level. It’s a win win situation both ways. I don’t know if that’s where Jeff is going to commit to but they are definitely an intriguing opportunity.”

About how Louisville has three receivers already committed: “We don’t worry about who else is committed. He feels like he’s going to outshine any recruit they bring in. Jeff is going to do an (excellent) job wherever he goes. Our kids want to compete against the best.”

On Miami: "We have a good relationship with Coach K, the defensive line coach. We have a great relationship and they’ve been involved for quite some time.”

Advertisement
247 says it's us and Louisville at the top. I think that's good news, because the Illinois draw is that it's "home."

The Louisville article made it sound like Thomas's coach is all over Petrino's roadrashed crank, but perhaps that's just the result of the questions asked.

About Louisville's system: “Petrino runs a system that fits Jeff’s skill-set. Whenever you have the opportunity to play in a system that highlights your skills it’s a perfect match.”

About how appealing playing next to Lamar would be: “I think it would be very appealing, you’re talking about the Heisman Trophy winner. Every kid wants to play next to a super star. A guy like Lamar getting you the ball that puts you on the national map at the collegiate level. It’s a win win situation both ways. I don’t know if that’s where Jeff is going to commit to but they are definitely an intriguing opportunity.”

About how Louisville has three receivers already committed: “We don’t worry about who else is committed. He feels like he’s going to outshine any recruit they bring in. Jeff is going to do an (excellent) job wherever he goes. Our kids want to compete against the best.”

On Miami: "We have a good relationship with Coach K, the defensive line coach. We have a great relationship and they’ve been involved for quite some time.”

Pete said early PT was a big factor for Thomas, FYI.

Coach Kool is his main recruiter?

Louisville is probably a better situation academically for Thomas, he might not be able to get into Miami.

He can see the field early at both schools, but Miami is hurting at the WR spot. We only have like 7-8 scholarship guys

I think we can get Thomas once he visits...

The only thing I don't like about those comments is that JT's Coach seems to be the one making the decisions with his recruitment, that's never a good thing unless Miami has the Coach in pocket.

It's pretty **** obvious where this kid would be best at, we just have to do whatever it takes to land him. (Cash out the Coach, Jeff & family if necessary)

Advertisement
Why would any player want to play for Petrino? That dude is just as much of a nutjob as Holgerson.

probably excited about playing with the Heisman trophy winner... Hopefully he'll realize that's being short sided and with his history, being in a small private school with a more structured environment is better for his future than playing for that nuttcase

Any way they can retroactively award the Heisman to the National Champion winner, Deshaun Watson?

Good news for us but very strange. Just last week Thomas named Illinois his leader now theyre not even in his top 2.

Any way they can retroactively award the Heisman to the National Champion winner, Deshaun Watson?

the hiesman became a joke. they are giving to younger guys for marketing. so next year theycan say "last years heisman winner" watson should have gotten it.

U of I is a 2 hour drive from east St louis. Louisville is a 4 hour drive. So still pretty much home. Man I hope we pull this guy. Game changer.

Advertisement

the hiesman became a joke. they are giving to younger guys for marketing. so next year theycan say "last years heisman winner" watson should have gotten it.

Did u even watch the Clemson vs Louisville or FSU vs Louisville games..? Lamar won the heisman and it's not even close

Like Dabo said...the Heisman missed out on not having its name linked to Deshaun Watson, not the other way around.

I'm sure this may have been mentioned already, but a couple hours ago, Gus Ramos, an Illinois 247 insider c'balled Jeff Thomas to the U.

Advertisement
I think we can get Thomas once he visits...

The only thing I don't like about those comments is that JT's Coach seems to be the one making the decisions with his recruitment, that's never a good thing unless Miami has the Coach in pocket.

It's pretty **** obvious where this kid would be best at, we just have to do whatever it takes to land him. (Cash out the Coach, Jeff & family if necessary)
Tell em, El... We need to break em off a lil somethin somethin.

Unless coach k shows up to east st Louis with them duffle bags he gone. PLUS I don't think the kid cares for school to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back