Jason Whitlocks prediction on next UM coach

Advertisement
Gary Patterson is a better fit than Chip Kelly. **** that option read bs. A spread downfield attack is the perfect offense for UM with a 4-2-5 hybrid defense.

my first candidate for the job since 2005, everyone thinks its a long shot but I don't. He was ready to leave TCU two years ago after two bad seasons

Gone are the days of winning with defense.

When did those days end? After the three Bama titles? Was it after FSU won the title with the top-ranked defense? Maybe those days ended when Oregon finally won the big one.

Defense still wins championships. Everybody remembers Urban's offenses, but they forget that his defenses have been loaded with NFL players.

It's the same thing going on in the NBA. People focus on how the Warriors shoot and ignore the fact that they were the best defensive team in the league. You need both.

ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

I find it crazy that people wouldn't want Chip Kelly if there was a real chance of getting him.

I got him now with the Eagles. He hasn't shown much that's positive. He's another corch that knows more than everybody else, but has little to show for it; kind of like The Pirate.

I find it crazy that people wouldn't want Chip Kelly if there was a real chance of getting him.

I got him now with the Eagles. He hasn't shown much that's positive. He's another corch that knows more than everybody else, but has little to show for it; kind of like The Pirate.

**** I wonder what browns fans would say about Butch. Or Colts fans about Pagano

Advertisement
I dont think the spread office has really caught on yet.

Wish I had a spread in my office:

banquet_spread-228x300.webp

When did those days end? After the three Bama titles? Was it after FSU won the title with the top-ranked defense? Maybe those days ended when Oregon finally won the big one.

Defense still wins championships. Everybody remembers Urban's offenses, but they forget that his defenses have been loaded with NFL players.

It's the same thing going on in the NBA. People focus on how the Warriors shoot and ignore the fact that they were the best defensive team in the league. You need both.

FSU won because of Jameis. Don't get it twisted. Sure, they played good defense too, but they won because of Jameis. They were playing good defense with EJ Manuel and couldn't get out of the 3 loss world.

Bama, with all their defense, hasn't done **** in awhile. They always face their waterloo against good offensive teams.

Urb doesn't win anything without a high-powered offense.

Of course, the best scenario is to have a high-powered offense and a strong defense. But guys who are expecting to shut teams down and win with defense first are going to be really sad, D. It just doesn't work that way anymore. You need to be able to score points in bunches these days to win.

If you don't think Chip Kelly could win a NC here after he nearly won a couple with mostly 3 star guys at Oregon, then we'll just agree to disagree. I think we probably will disagree given your penchant for guys like Chaz *******.

I would love Kelly here. But I also recognize that his success would depend on landing more Arik Armsteads and Dion Jordans than he had at Oregon.

LOL. This dyck face is calling me a potato for thinking Chip Kelly would kill it at UM like it's some sort of novel proposition. Talk about diluting the word "potato".

In case you haven't noticed, Chip Kelly isn't at Oregon any longer. And the season isn't over either, so TCU and Baylor still have a shot. Most teams would **** their pants having to deal with Baylor.

Every year we hear about the teams that light up the scoreboard, and every year we watch someone with a defense win the championship.

In case you didn't notice, Oregon was still piling up points with the best offensive player in college football, even without Chip Kelly. And in other breaking news, they put up their lowest point total of the year when they went up against a team that plays defense.

I'm not gonna waste time on this, bub. If you don't think Kelly is a great college HC and that he'd kill it here with the access to players he'd have then this is pointless. He was playing for NCs with 3 star leftovers at Oregon. He'd be starching teams here.

Advertisement

Yeah , corches go 10-6 their first two years with Mark Sanchez and Nick Foles .

Last edited:

FSU won because of Jameis. Don't get it twisted. Sure, they played good defense too, but they won because of Jameis. They were playing good defense with EJ Manuel and couldn't get out of the 3 loss world.

Bama, with all their defense, hasn't done **** in awhile. They always face their waterloo against good offensive teams.

Of course, the best scenario is to have a high-powered offense and a strong defense. But guys who are expecting to shut teams down and win with defense first are going to be really sad, D. It just doesn't work that way anymore. You need to be able to score points in bunches these days to win.

If you don't think Chip Kelly could win a NC here after he nearly won a couple with mostly 3 star guys at Oregon, then we'll just agree to disagree. I think we probably will disagree given your penchant for guys like Chaz *******.

I would love Kelly here. But I also recognize that his success would depend on landing more Arik Armsteads and Dion Jordans than he had at Oregon.

He was playing for NCs at Oregon. Don't you think he'd do well in a weaker conference with MUCH MUCH better access to players than he had at Oregon? I don't care how you get there. Just get there. I'm not caught up in any model or any style.

LOL. This dyck face is calling me a potato for thinking Chip Kelly would kill it at UM like it's some sort of novel proposition. Talk about diluting the word "potato".

In case you haven't noticed, Chip Kelly isn't at Oregon any longer. And the season isn't over either, so TCU and Baylor still have a shot. Most teams would **** their pants having to deal with Baylor.

Every year we hear about the teams that light up the scoreboard, and every year we watch someone with a defense win the championship.

In case you didn't notice, Oregon was still piling up points with the best offensive player in college football, even without Chip Kelly. And in other breaking news, they put up their lowest point total of the year when they went up against a team that plays defense.

I'm not gonna waste time on this, bub. If you don't think Kelly is a great college HC and that he'd kill it here with the access to players he'd have then this is pointless. He was playing for NCs with 3 star leftovers at Oregon. He'd be starching teams here.

A lot of the people bashing chip worship at the Butch alter. Like he's anywhere near Chips class

Last edited:

A lot of the people bashing chip worship at the Butch alter. Likes he's anywhere near Chips class

Butch would be sucking his thumb drooling in panic if he had to face a Chip Kelly team. Butch couldn't win the fcking Coastal with the most loaded team in the ACC. Meanwhile, Kelly was playing for NCs with mostly 3 star players at Oregon.

These dudes got me scratching a hole in my head with their backward thinking.

Advertisement

His success would simply depend on him getting the job to be honest. Everything would follow almost instantly. If he was named the next coach here you could go ahead and write in cement that we wouldn't lose more than 2 games in a season for as long as he stayed. We'd instantly become a top 15 team and you factor in the relatively easy schedule we play and we could be in the national conversation overnight.

It's the no brainer of all no brainers. There's no ifs or contingencies. He being named head coach would instantly spike recruiting. His gameday coaching and scheme would instantly spike wins. Everyone would hate us again and all would be right with the universe.

Of all the names mentioned....only Chip Kelly brings as close to 0% risk as you can get. His coaching style is a perfect fit for the modern college game and the trickle down effect that would be felt throughout the school and the community would be tremendous.

I recognize it's a long shot...but holy **** is it worth holding out hope for. There isn't a coach out there that could do more damage with south florida talent than that man.

Last edited:

Those are what are commonly referred to as "retards".

There's probably a decent correlation between those that don't want Kelly and those that waited too long to realize Golden was an abomination.

There is nothing to talk about here. Kelly would be the home run we have all been dreaming of for the past decade.

Actually he's an east coast guy so saying there is no way doesn't make much sense.
There is no way if Chip Kelly comes back to college he doesn't go to Southern Cal. No **** way. Having said that, if he was a realistic option, ****, I would want him over Butch, and my list would be:
1a) Chip 1b)Butch 1c) Hue Jackson.

Either of those 3 coaches will win a national championship here, or at the very least make the playoffs. Guarantee it.

Advertisement
It boggles my mind that there are people in here who wouldn't cream themselves over this guy at Miami.

We seriously have fans who would rather a 63 year old guy who hasn't had success in over a decade, and hasnt coached in years, over Chip Kelly????

Miami hasn't been an offense first team since the early 90s. Chip Kelly would be a disaster hire----for our opponents. He would rape college football here.

Actually he's an east coast guy so saying there is no way doesn't make much sense.
There is no way if Chip Kelly comes back to college he doesn't go to Southern Cal. No **** way. Having said that, if he was a realistic option, ****, I would want him over Butch, and my list would be:
1a) Chip 1b)Butch 1c) Hue Jackson.

Either of those 3 coaches will win a national championship here, or at the very least make the playoffs. Guarantee it.

Meant more because he's familiar with the Pac12 and USC is the best job available in college football. **** IMO, it might be better than if Texas is open.

You need a great defense and to be able to run the ball when you have to. That's what wins championships.

[MENTION=1165]Dwinstitles[/MENTION] is gonna love your post.

There is an UNQUESTIONABLE correlation between people who were Golden slurpers and those who make horrible coaching suggestions.

When I read the comments and check the upvotes, it's always the same cats who understand that Chip, Pagano, and Herman would be amazing hires that were guys who knew Golden needed to go years ago.

Then you have DMoney worshipping at the Charlie Strong altar. The same Dmoney whos preseason writeup was how we were definitely a better team this year.

Advertisement
Back