Jake to the portal

Advertisement
I’m in the minority here but I think someone will get a good player. Would have loved to have him here for depth but he’s good enough to start somewhere

Played hurt all year but still played through it
I expected Clark to leave. That said, he' a bit of an odd case. To guarantee a starting role, he would need to drop down in competition level, and I don't see an NFL future regardless.

He could stick around here and have an easier role as #2.

If we’re going off one game, I guess brown is dog**** too and we really are screwed outside of van ****
I'm going off multiple games. But when you have the game like he did against an awful Virginia team then idk what to tell you. Brown is a terrible passer but could run. And yes we really are screwed outside of Van Dyke.

I expected Clark to leave. That said, he' a bit of an odd case. To guarantee a starting role, he would need to drop down in competition level, and I don't see an NFL future regardless.

Yeah man it seems to be really common these days doesn’t it? I guess I try not to speak on a kids situation without details but it seems to be happening all over the place

I guess if Gaynor can go to UNC and start Clark is better than him…but still this whole portal thing kinda blows my mind

Advertisement

I think he will do this. I'd be shocked if he ends up at a power 5 school.

Advertisement

There it is.

1673995539803.jpeg

Advertisement
Serious question for the people clamoring about QB depth..... Why is it so important? Like yes I get it, it would be best if Patrick Mahomes was backed up by Josh Allen but can anyone tell me who the backups are to the Chiefs or Bills? Like we have our QB, his name is TVD and if he goes down, much like any starting QB on any team with a few minor exceptions the season is likely going to the *******.

Based on history, a Jake Garcia will be in the portal every year (high ranked HS kid with iffy tape or behind a stud). QBs are not waiting their turns unless it is a guy like Brown who KNOWS he needs to sit and learn. History also tells us that if we sign a top 50 QB every year, the chances of us holding on to those kids is slim to ish. I would have liked to keep Jake on the team for the record and would have been interested next year about his development and how he played but next year if we have year 3 jacurri, year 2 emory, TF HS top recruit and a portal guy would anyone care?

Advertisement
We now have ONE competent QB on the roster.

Poor management by Mario on this issue IMO. My guess is that Mario is going to bring a portal QB but that's an unknown at the moment.

Im still ****ed about this. Jake Garcia should have been the future QB at UM. We have a brutal schedule in 2024 and 2025. Jake as a multi-year starter would have been primed for a title run. I think the world of his abilities.
What has he done exactly to be considered "competent" while comparing to other QBs on the roster??

Advertisement
Back