2026 Jahkeem "Thanos" Stewart 5* DT from New Orleans (#1 recruit in 26 cycle)

Hunter, Clowney, Sweat all sub 4.6 freaks of nature.
Carl Granderson - 6'5 260; 4.79
Charles Omenihu - 6'5 280; 4.92
Preston Smith - 6'5 265; 4.74
DJ Wonnum - 6'5 260; 4.73
Dayo Odeyingbo - 6'6 286; 4.79
Dorance Armstrong - 6'4 255; 4.87
Chase Young - 6'5 265; 4.72
Calais Campbell - 6'8 280; 4.9/5.0
AJ Epenesa - 6'6 260; 5.0
Sam Hubbard - 6'5 255; 4.95
Leonard Williams - 6'5 300; 4.97
Za'Darius Smith - 6'5 270; 4.73
Arik Armstead 6'7 290; 5.10
Zach Allen 6'4 280; 5.0
Roy Robertson-Harris - 6'5 290; 4.84
Demarcus Walker - 6'4 280; 4.88

I could keep going if you need...

But point is, there are actually more DE's in the NFL that are around his size than DT's.

That is not the physique of a DTackle.

I mean sure, if you put 30-40 pounds of fat on'em it will be. But as of right now, that kid is not built like a College or NFL DT.

Advertisement
Zach Allen 6'4 280; 5.0

But point is, there are actually more DE's in the NFL that are around his size than DT's.

I mean sure, if you put 30-40 pounds of fat on'em it will be. But as of right now, that kid is not built like a College or NFL DT.

Danielle Hunter 4.57
Jadeveon Clowney 4.53
Montez Sweat 4.41

I don't think he fits that athletic profile. He certainly could play DE but he looks like would be in that 4.8+ range. Mesidor and Bain are our heaviest DE and they both are only around 6'2 and play inside as well. I could see him playing multiple positions which I'm sure is apart of our pitch.

Danielle Hunter 4.57
Jadeveon Clowney 4.53
Montez Sweat 4.41

I don't think he fits that athletic profile. He certainly could play DE but he looks like would be in that 4.8+ range. Mesidor and Bain are our heaviest DE and they both are only around 6'2 and play inside as well. I could see him playing multiple positions which I'm sure is apart of our pitch.
You’re right. The only way he will ever be classified as a DE is if he lines up at 5T which anyone who has a clue knows that’s a hybrid position and almost all of those guys would be 3T in a 4-3. See Leonard Williams, JJ Watt, Quinnen Williams, Zach Sieler, Deforest Buckner(who switched from 5T to 3T in Indy) Arik Armstead…etc.

It doesn’t mean he still isn’t an absolute freak and has top 5 potential as you can tell by the list above.

Danielle Hunter 4.57
Jadeveon Clowney 4.53
Montez Sweat 4.41

I didn't say he was athletically similar to Clowney or Sweat, I specifically said he was similar in size. It was a H/W comparison, not a play style or ability comp.

The average H/W for DT's in the NFL is between 6'2 290 - 6'3 300+.
The average H/W for DE's is between 6'4 260 - 6'6 270.

He's more of a prototype DE at his current size & physical frame than he is as a potential DT. Obviously, due to his talent he could very easily play all along the DLine, but making him more of a DT would actually require more work & development than DE. If the plan is to make this kid a DT in College, then he's gonna have to Redshirt no question, but at DE he can play day 1.

Advertisement
Zach Allen 6'4 280; 5.0

Kid reminds me a but of Calais the way he moves and drives through guys. Calais was obviously an end in college and only played DT in the NFL after they threw weight on him and for specific schemes and fronts.

Nobody is paying more than Miami right now. Nobody.

Now before people do what people do, I’m not saying we have unlimited money and every kid we talk to gets $1M. But the kids at the top of the board, nobody is out bidding us.

When you give Simeon Barrow $900k, you are RICH rich. Will it last forever? No, and it’ll dry up rapidly if we continue to flounder on the field. But this kid is probably the #1 overall player on the board with genuine interest. We will not be outbid.
Oregon? Texas? What about A&M and Ohio state I’m sure there are others too

I didn't say he was athletically similar to Clowney or Sweat, I specifically said he was similar in size. It was a H/W comparison, not a play style or ability comp.

The average H/W for DT's in the NFL is between 6'2 290 - 6'3 300+.
The average H/W for DE's is between 6'4 260 - 6'6 270.

He's more of a prototype DE at his current size & physical frame than he is as a potential DT. Obviously, due to his talent he could very easily play all along the DLine, but making him more of a DT would actually require more work & development than DE. If the plan is to make this kid a DT in College, then he's gonna have to Redshirt no question, but at DE he can play day 1.
I missed the "size" part. Sound logic otherwise although being 280lbs at age 16 makes it hard for me to believe he'd ever play in the 250-260 range.

Advertisement
Nobody is paying more than Miami for top of the board kids. This dude fits that description, and then some.
I would not say that. I certainly can say that as of now we are in the category 1 bracket on NIL along with OSU, Oregon, Texas, Georgia, Ole Miss and Bama.

Advertisement
Nobody is paying more than Miami for top of the board kids. This dude fits that description, and then some.
Last yr it had been said Dillon Stewart the DE was our number 1 target or at the top of the board. After he commit to South Carolina the number was so big we weren’t willing to match it.

Look there’s no doubt our NIL is very strong and probably top 10. But that statement we will pay more than anyone is false otherwise wed have landed Stewart and Simmons

Last yr it had been said Dillon Stewart the DE was our number 1 target or at the top of the board. After he commit to South Carolina the number was so big we weren’t willing to match it.

Look there’s no doubt our NIL is very strong and probably top 10. But that statement we will pay more than anyone is false otherwise wed have landed Stewart and Simmons

IIRC, the chatter was we did match, he just chose them over us.

Last year is last year. Now is now.

Also, the numbers were equal, if not very, very close. Not every single kid is just going to take the biggest bag. Colin Simmons is from Duncanville, Texas. When UT gives him a really big bag, he takes it. Even if Miami is close, equal, or even a little bit more. He's a Texas kid.

Dylan Stewart is from DC. Columbia is probably the 2nd closest SEC school to there.

Again, it's not always about the money. Or at least, ALL about the money, I should say. But I will tell you this, Miami is NOT losing kids solely because they're getting significantly more elsewhere. To be even more direct, for the top ranked kids at the peak of our board, NONE of them are dying to go to Miami yet will end up elsewhere because of money issues.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Last year is last year. Now is now.

Also, the numbers were equal, if not very, very close. Not every single kid is just going to take the biggest bag. Colin Simmons is from Duncanville, Texas. When UT gives him a really big bag, he takes it. Even if Miami is close, equal, or even a little bit more. He's a Texas kid.

Dylan Stewart is from DC. Columbia is probably the 2nd closest SEC school to there.

Again, it's not always about the money. Or at least, ALL about the money, I should say. But I will tell you this, Miami is NOT losing kids solely because they're getting significantly more elsewhere. To be even more direct, for the top ranked kids at the peak of our board, NONE of them are dying to go to Miami yet will end up elsewhere because of money issues.
Stewart has that 5⭐ Wr friend that plays for SC as well

Advertisement
Back