2025 Jaboree "SlimeTo" Antoine 4* CB from LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that Richard is more likely a Safety if he doesn't develop at CB. I think he can be a solid player who could provide valuable depth as a versatile utility player in the secondary.

On the term JAG: The term was originally coined by k9cane and he came up with it to shorten up "Just another guy". I was on the board when he first started using it and I don't believe his intent was to coin a term for a player who sacked. He was trying to describe a player who while being a solid player, was never going to keep the opposing coordinator up at night. In short a guy who isn't a difference maker.

I feel that more often than not this term is used as a derogatory term for players who are looked at as not being P2/3/4? caliber or a wasted scholarship, which was not it's intended use.

OK Speech Over.
JAG was not coined on here. It’s a pro football term used for as long as I can remember.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Damari will still start if he doesn’t regress by then
I think the hype around Damari is unfounded at the moment.

Was there hype, a ton of hype, when we signed him? Absolutely. Bama really wanted the kid bad, which for most kids but especially DBs is a great sign.

We outright beat them for a kid they wanted. Major victory for Mario.

The kid played a good amount late in the season but from everything I watched he struggled. Now he was a true freshman so that’s not the end of the world but I don’t get when people constantly say he did well.

So when people say if he doesn’t regress he should start, it stands out to me because he needs to take the next step in order to start, if he regresses from what we saw last year, he may never play with the class we are expecting this year.

The entire CB room just isn’t up to par right now, hard stop. Any extremely talented kid can come in and start right away.

Advertisement
I think the hype around Damari is unfounded at the moment.

Was there hype, a ton of hype, when we signed him? Absolutely. Bama really wanted the kid bad, which for most kids but especially DBs is a great sign.

We outright beat them for a kid they wanted. Major victory for Mario.

The kid played a good amount late in the season but from everything I watched he struggled. Now he was a true freshman so that’s not the end of the world but I don’t get when people constantly say he did well.

So when people say if he doesn’t regress he should start, it stands out to me because he needs to take the next step in order to start, if he regresses from what we saw last year, he may never play with the class we are expecting this year.

The entire CB room just isn’t up to par right now, hard stop. Any extremely talented kid can come in and start right away.
Correct, and I should have stated if he continues to progress he should start. He struggled at times as any TF would but also showed immense flashes. Like locking down Keon Coleman (outside of a TD that should have been PI) who was just drafted in the 2nd round. Kid has earned the hype.

I feel like we are going to win this now but I’d bet he flips back to LSU by NSD so we better have eyes on other players like a Ben Hanks who likely goes to UF soon
If anyone is leaving this CB class (assuming we land the top 3 on our board), I hope it’s Ewald.

From what I’ve seen on film, Slime eats his lunch. Pickett, Hanks and Slime would be insanity, and Ewald isn’t close to their level. Those first three would be better than the Mauigoa + Samson + Kinsler trio, better than the JoJo + Carr + Chance trio, better than the Scott + Blount + Jones trio. I’ll call it now. That’s how highly I think of those guys, and how bad our CB room is right now.

Not to say Ewald is outright trash, but those three are in a separate tier. A lot can change senior year, but that’s where my opinion stands.

Advertisement
No their mod is just selling them false hope to keep them happy. In b4

"FSU had his verbal commitment but Miami's NIL offer was too overpriced 5x the normal going rate so we went a different direction"
I love how Mario broke both fsu and UF fanbases. Obviously, neither billy nor Mike have ever lost a recruiting battle. They always win, it’s just NIL then comes along

Advertisement
Let’s use logic for a moment.

If, and it’s a BIG if, Antoine felt some type of way about LSU pushing harder for Pickett (the #3 overall player in the country) than him or if he felt slighted by their NIL offer compared to other DB’s, then why on God’s green earth wouldn’t his beef be with LSU and LSU only?

Resenting another recruit in that purely hypothetical scenario to the extent that you’d be unwilling to attend the same school as them is completely illogical. We wouldn’t be pushing this hard for him if that was his mentality.

Pickett is a premier talent and an in-state recruit for us with deep UM ties, including a cousin who just got here. But Antoine would spurn us because we want Pickett, too?!

It makes No. *******. Sense.
That whole narrative is complete BS. SlimeTo would love to play with Pickett(pause).

If anyone is leaving this CB class (assuming we land the top 3 on our board), I hope it’s Ewald.

From what I’ve seen on film, Slime eats his lunch. Pickett, Hanks and Slime would be insanity, and Ewald isn’t close to their level. Those first three would be better than the Mauigoa + Samson + Kinsler trio, better than the JoJo + Carr + Chance trio, better than the Scott + Blount + Jones trio. I’ll call it now. That’s how highly I think of those guys, and how bad our CB room is right now.

Not to say Ewald is outright trash, but those three are in a separate tier. A lot can change senior year, but that’s where my opinion stands.

IMO, you make room for all these guys. Corner is 2.5 spots, and we have no proven player once Porter leaves after this season. All these kids could play early and often, and with 3-and-out vs 5-to-play-4 they could all end up being starters in the future. Plus, stacking makes everyone better.

Same with Safety, btw. I'd take all Fitzgerald as a +1 there if he wanted in. Go grab 2 classes worth of DBs in 1 class, see how they all develop, and then if they're as good as expected, you can be more targeted going forward.

It's our last real hole outside of QB which will be a perpetual challenge. Let's fill it.

Last edited:
Damari will still start if he doesn’t regress by then

Regarding Damari, Fat Manny from the Athletic for 2 straight podcasts has directly stated Damari has been dealing with a serious groin injury that will NOT stop him from playing but will limit his practice time during the season. Which confused me.

I have not heard this from any other sources.

Also, he played in the spring game, why wouldn't they let the groin heal or surgery?

Does anyone else have info on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back