2025 Iose Epenesa 5* Edge from IL

Iowa seems to think they have him in the bag. Gonna be interesting to see if he truly wants to carve his own path and compete with dogs and come to Miami or take the safe and known road of his family to Iowa.
IDK

I don't think Iowa fans are used to the big boy battles or they don't equate Miami with the OSUs and UGAs of the recruiting world...... yet.

I think on this one they gon' learn. Cue that Rusty Mansell screenshot

Advertisement
Ferman seems to have his sources again. He's been pretty accurate in recruiting this year. Not something to scoff at anymore. I take this as a good sign.

Ferman does have a source again but man he is going out on a limb early and no one seems to be following him. A little worrisome.

Ok, he gets his own prediction thread then. Lets see how good this source(s) is (are)

You guys know alot more than me when it comes to South Florida players and just overall with the program. But my family has know the Ferentz family for 20 plus years. I can tell you all for sure Iowa is not confident with Iose. Cane. As for Carter an Pickett who the heck knows. But we won’t stop working

You guys know alot more than me when it comes to South Florida players and just overall with the program. But my family has know the Ferentz family for 20 plus years. I can tell you all for sure Iowa is not confident with Iose. Cane. As for Carter an Pickett who the heck knows. But we won’t stop working
Met Ferentz a few times when he was in our area in PA recruiting. He had ties with the head coach of the top program in our area where a few guys ended up going to Iowa. Really great guy imo though I don’t know his super personally

Advertisement
**** of a coach. Made his Mark Richt mistake and fixed it quickly haha

Naw, the AD corrected the mistake for him. Ferentz wasn’t going to do it himself. Richt at least resigned and didn’t take any buyout money when he left.

Even after Brian Ferentz signed that ridiculous contract last year that said Iowa could fire him without penalty if the team did not score at least 25 points a game (which it didn’t) Iowa still gave a nice severance package to walk away.

Kirk Ferentz in a total f u move hired Tim Lester after trying to hire Paul Chryst and Joe Philbin to run the same conservative scheme that Brian ran. Fans were begging him to hire Kevin Johns from Duke who wanted the job after Manny didn’t retain him when he took over.

Met Ferentz a few times when he was in our area in PA recruiting. He had ties with the head coach of the top program in our area where a few guys ended up going to Iowa. Really great guy imo though I don’t know his super personally
Best story was after Iowa beat Penn State ( the Brad Banks team) after the game Kirk told me before the game Paterno came to him and said “ you believe all these bull**** calls Michigan gets” and Kirk told me he said how about all the bull**** calls you’ve gotten over the years lol. Really great man who could have taken the Michigan job and stuck where he loves. Anyways, awesome dude and he knows Epenesa is ours

Best story was after Iowa beat Penn State ( the Brad Banks team) after the game Kirk told me before the game Paterno came to him and said “ you believe all these bull**** calls Michigan gets” and Kirk told me he said how about all the bull**** calls you’ve gotten over the years lol. Really great man who could have taken the Michigan job and stuck where he loves. Anyways, awesome dude and he knows Epenesa is ours
Great stuff brother

Advertisement
Naw, the AD corrected the mistake for him. Ferentz wasn’t going to do it himself. Richt at least resigned and didn’t take any buyout money when he left.

Even after Brian Ferentz signed that ridiculous contract last year that said Iowa could fire him without penalty if the team did not score at least 25 points a game (which it didn’t) Iowa still gave a nice severance package to walk away.

Kirk Ferentz in a total f u move hired Tim Lester after trying to hire Paul Chryst and Joe Philbin to run the same conservative scheme that Brian ran. Fans were begging him to hire Kevin Johns from Duke who wanted the job after Manny didn’t retain him when he took over.
Fair enough

Great coach and great guy imo

His Dad was a walk on transfer and two of his older brothers went to Iowa. AJ was a monster right off the bat as a true freshman. Iose mother also went to Iowa but I found this interesting that his sister went to Purdue lol so Iose might be the 2nd member of the family to not go to Iowa.

Advertisement
Iowa seems to think they have him in the bag. Gonna be interesting to see if he truly wants to carve his own path and compete with dogs and come to Miami or take the safe and known road of his family to Iowa.
Iowa fans are some of the most pretentious fans I’ve ever encountered. Kinda like Tennessee fans but without the history.

Iose just seems like one of those guys you never have to worry about, you plug him in, he gets the job done and goes on to have a 10 year career in the league. I'll take that all day

Let's not sleep on AJ's athleticism, either. He may not have tested well, but here he is casually destroying all the other EDGEs at the Sack Summit on the grip strength tester. Maybe Iose has some of that similar country strength

At 15 years old I’d crushed this test. I’d easily score a 306 with my right arm

Advertisement
His Dad was a walk on transfer and two of his older brothers went to Iowa. AJ was a monster right off the bat as a true freshman. Iose mother also went to Iowa but I found this interesting that his sister went to Purdue lol so Iose might be the 2nd member of the family to not go to Iowa.
I love the kids talent. We will be lucky to have him. And he’s 6-4 almost 270 which means he absolutely can move inside at worst on pass rushing situations.

I didn’t know that thought it was just AJ.

Iowa lost their starting QB multiple weapons and O lineman and still won 10 games. Kirk has always coached to what he can recruit. He can’t run a spread high tempo offense. And the Proctor story is insane! Basically was late for multiple workouts, was dating a girl who’s father didn’t want his daughter to see him and he left because he didn’t follow simple rules. Mom
Wanted the money also so he went back to the dirtiest program alive. Crazy

Advertisement
Back