2025 Hylton Drake Stubbs 4* Safety Mandarin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
They got LR for his offenses but that never won OU anything. The minute they had to play truly elite talent they got ***** slapped 95% of the time. On top of that it wasn’t his strength to recruit elites at every spot imo. He’s the qb guy, that’s nice and all but that ain’t going to win a natty.
He played in a conference that was about high scoring offense. You are right.

Advertisement
lol I totally blanked on him. What do we even do if they all want in? I don’t care though, take their commit and figure it out later. But Stubbs, Pickett and Hanks have to be in this class!
I'm trying not to get ahead of myself but imagine a defensive class that includes Pickett, Hanks, Stubbs, Epenesa, Nix and Carter.

Advertisement
I just want to talk **** to other fanbases. Mope vs Slurp is boring.
Pray Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+
IMG_5653.gif

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself but imagine a defensive class that includes Pickett, Hanks, Stubbs, Epenesa, Nix and Carter.

And Scott and Jones and Blount and Lightfoot and etc. …

This defense is marginally Top 20/25 right now.. Guidry and his coaching staff put them into Top 20. They’re only 1-2 years away from being Top 5.

We are finally getting to championship level talent on both sides of the ball.

And Scott and Jones and Blount and Lightfoot and etc. …

This defense is marginally Top 20/25 right now.. Guidry and his coaching staff put them into Top 20. They’re only 1-2 years away from being Top 5.

We are finally getting to championship level talent on both sides of the ball.
Agreed. We qualify for the playoffs this year then start pulling kids like Elijah Griffin and Jake Stewart.........Lookout!

Advertisement
Wow this kid is a baller
Thats what I said a few days ago, where tf was I. I just didn't come into this thread cause I was like a dude named stubbs lol (And I hate Drake the fake rapper)......I aint going in there....pause. Then I came in pressed play and hung myself.

I low key thought if I pressed play I would see Drake and Diddy dancing.....so I stood away.

Advertisement
Officially committing on July 4th.

Stubbs imo has the best combination of physical traits and playmaking on tape of any safety in this class. 6’2 195 crazy range and physicality to tackle. Safeties rarely go first round. This is the type of archetype that can be in that conversation if he hits.

Has some Jesse Bates in his game.

Holy **** man

His highlights are on some other world ****, best safety tape I seen in awhile cause he has the size and hes playing like that? Pause

Like kids have highlights at safety like this but not at that size bruh thats what make it more impressive to me, and he can add 15-20 with that frame. Imagine him and Adarius Hayes on the field at the same **** time? These type of dudes are freaks man.

I started this thread right before his first season with Mandarin last year after learning about him when he transferred from Oakleaf. But I really got the chance to watch him a lot last year. He’s an absolute stud. I’ve said it before, he’s the best player in Jacksonville and probably the best one in a while in my opinion. The film and measurables don’t even tell the whole story if I’m being honest. His best qualities are his intangibles. He’s a clutch performer consistently playmaking at the times needed the most. I just found out that we (Mandarin) play IMG this year, Stubbs is really gonna crash something.

Holy **** man

His highlights are on some other world ****, best safety tape I seen in awhile cause he has the size and hes playing like that? Pause

Like kids have highlights at safety like this but not at that size bruh thats what make it more impressive to me, and he can add 15-20 with that frame. Imagine him and Adarius Hayes on the field at the same **** time? These type of dudes are freaks man.
The second play on the highlight is one of the best plays I’ve seen a hs safety make. He’s 20 yards off the ball on the opposite side of where the slant is going. He reads it like a book and has the explosion to intercept a 3 step slant. 0 hesitation. That’s film study and dumb IQ.

We’ve had guys that have size or IQ but we haven’t had many in a long time with both. He’s different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back