2025 Hylton Drake Stubbs 4* Safety Mandarin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s be real. Lincoln trying to recruit the south at usc is just dumb. Best case he lands the kid but ****es off the local schools. Remember Charlie strong at Texas. worst case they blow a ton of money recruiting them. Then look like fools when they bail
His recruiting approach is hard to understand. He has basically conceded control of the West Coast to Oregon and is focusing on the Southeast.

Advertisement
His recruiting approach is hard to understand. He has basically conceded control of the West Coast to Oregon and is focusing on the Southeast.
There are quite a few on their 247 board who believe Riley is just not a good recruiter. He's an offensive guru and has no trouble bringing those skill guys in. Struggles with both sides of the trenches as well as defense. He's got a better staff this year but they aren't cutting it.

Seems to be a bit of unhappiness that they aren't recruiting the local kids harder. I think that speaks to your point about conceding to Oregon..

Also some discontent with the NIL program. There are 3 collectives and while the public word is they are pretty "flush", it doesn't seem that way in reality. Either that or they aren't working efficiently with Riley ....

@DMoney in the June 28, 2024 Bank

Miami is in a very strong position for Hylton "Drake" Stubbs (Jacksonville) following his decommitment from USC.

There are quite a few on their 247 board who believe Riley is just not a good recruiter. He's an offensive guru and has no trouble bringing those skill guys in. Struggles with both sides of the trenches as well as defense. He's got a better staff this year but they aren't cutting it.

Seems to be a bit of unhappiness that they aren't recruiting the local kids harder. I think that speaks to your point about conceding to Oregon..

Also some discontent with the NIL program. There are 3 collectives and while the public word is they are pretty "flush", it doesn't seem that way in reality. Either that or they aren't working efficiently with Riley ....
With his X & O’s reputation and all the heisman QBs I thought it was a match made in heaven with USC. One of the top recruiting grounds in the country, Hollywood, resources, etc. - he should be killing it over there so I can understand why their fanbase is pretty disappointed. Didn’t he supposedly get a mansion and unlimited private jet usage as part of his contract?

Even Saban and Smart with all their on-field success and draft results are relentless in recruiting, blue chip players don’t just magically sign year after year. Riley seems like he might be better off in the NFL, but his star is fading a little bit. Although Kingsbury got a head coaching gig so who knows lol.

Feels like the best recruiting programs out there right now are Texas, UM and Taint. Maybe Auburn and Oregon. Bama and UGA win on program success and boosters/NIL.

Advertisement
Lots of buzz
IMG_2939.jpeg
IMG_2938.jpeg

Advertisement
We have Ewald, Wallace and Merritt already locked in, and we're still after Stubbs, Pickett, Hanks, Fitzgerald and Anding. That's 8 guys, any one or two of whom would have been our best player in other classes. I want em all. But my top 3 are Stubbs, Pickett and Hanks.

We have Ewald, Wallace and Merritt already locked in, and we're still after Stubbs, Pickett, Hanks, Fitzgerald and Anding. That's 8 guys, any one or two of whom would have been our best player in other classes. I want em all. But my top 3 are Stubbs, Pickett and Hanks.
You don't like jaboree Antoine?

Advertisement
Feels like the best recruiting programs out there right now are Texas, UM and Taint. Maybe Auburn and Oregon. Bama and UGA win on program success and boosters/NIL.

while not on the top tier Michigan has been doing a very good lately. Oregon is definitely up there Ohio St, UGA, Bama and Texas are at the top. Followed by a tier of Miami, Michigan, FSU, Ole Miss, Clemson, Penn St and maybe a couple others.

Advertisement
while not on the top tier Michigan has been doing a very good lately. Oregon is definitely up there Ohio St, UGA, Bama and Texas are at the top. Followed by a tier of Miami, Michigan, FSU, Ole Miss, Clemson, Penn St and maybe a couple others.

I’d put Miami in T1 but either way we’re factually Top 10 now in recruiting and that’s going to turn into playoffs which will then turn into Top 5 perennially,

While I don’t agree with the mopes or even the No Excuses group that we need to win in 2024 or the wheels will come off — I think we’ll be fine in the long rum as long as he continues to get NIL backing and recruits Top 5-10 classes as it will almost without fail turn into wins at some point — I do agree that a playoff berth this season would slingshot into that elite group and make it 10x easier to stay there. And I definitely agree we have the talent to win 10 games and make the playoffs. So why not now? LFG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back