Gattis Sucks Bro Super Megathread

Most people don’t know football like guys here who coach or are absolutely fluent in the game. Piling on the average fan by people with that level of understanding of the game shouldn’t be as rewarding as it seems.

Most of us wanted a modern system but were willing to give the HC a chance. There’s a poll in another thread with a few hundred or so answers to it that shows 97% of the board does not support Gattis or this scheme.

What’s the point of all this chest thumping right now?
That’s true and fair

Advertisement
I trust mario in the recruiting department more than any other coach in the country.

if addae isn't putting in 100% and pulling his weight, i'm sure mario will move on after the season
He will Mario don’t play bout recruiting. If addae is dragging *** on the trail I don’t expect him here next year

are we arguing on why people think he's a strong recruiter?

idk you tell me. I'm just saying I think it's a bit premature to get rid of him. if anyone's at fault it's steele's scheme and steele and cristobal's fault for playing dj ivey

Ivey hasn’t been bad this year except for a couple plays

Advertisement
Ivey hasn’t been bad this year except for a couple plays
Parks And Recreation Nbc GIF by HULU

We finished 5-1 and then started 4-4…barely 4-4…

Come on. That’s an abomination to turn the offense to sludge
I know, I'm in no way happy with what I've seen so far but people are acting like what we had before is Heupel's offense. We know recruiting is going VERY well and the portal will he a major priority. Talent upgrades are coming, but intelligent fans know the single most important thing MC does once our final 2022 game ends is hoe he handles Gattis + what we hope is the expedited process of hiring a competent replacement.

Dead on.

Mario is an absolute monster and on a different level than most with recruiting , he has a very high standard. He expects the same out of his assistants.
He absolutely does.....so let's hope he holds his OC similarly accountable for his respective job description.

For Mario's model to work, he needs TWO good coordinators to handle the mundane X's and O's aspect of the job that obviously isn't Mario's #1 thing. Mario loves and is all about recruiting. However, a BIG part of what his tenure here ends up becoming is going to come down to his ability to identify, lure, hire, and retain great coordinators. A guy like Mario isn't going to win anything without great coordinators.

What's ironic about all of this is the fact he's had Orgeron around the program so much lately. You'd think he would have leveraged him and used his set up as an example for the structure he should be seeking. Orgeron was smart enough to hire TWO outstanding coordinators on that championship winning LSU team. That is Mario's path to success when supplemented with his propensity for recruiting.

Advertisement
If that’s true , that would make Mario part of the problem . In life you can make mistakes as long as you immediately recognize and correct them . If Gattis is on the staff next year I’m officially off the Mario bandwagon . Mind you , nobody is rooting harder for him than I am . I went to CCHS, my son currently goes to CCHS, and many of my lifetime friends are from CCHS….but I can tell you many of us share this same opinion . Mario has had an issue identifying good OC’s for a while now . I sincerely hope he seeks some outside help when the next decision hopefully comes up this off-season
Mario is aware of our issues. I think the contract with Gattis and lack of talent doesn’t help the situation. We’ll see what happens.

Nobody is saying the staff has been good so far but the offense of the last two years has been hyped up this season and everyone forgets how any defense with a pulse Lashlee faced completely cucked us. Would I prefer that offense to this year's? **** yes, but we easily could've been a 4 or 5 win team also considering all the nail biter W's.

We also lost 2 games by 2 and 3 points, so we could easily have been a 9 win team as well than. See how that works?

Fact is, we won 7 games. That is all that matters.

We also lost 2 games by 2 and 3 points, so we could easily have been a 9 win team as well than. See how that works?

Winning 7 games is terrible. Offense was better but still left a lot to be desired. It's OK. More importantly can we start drawing up a list for who is next? I know @Liberty City El is itching to compile a list but I think he needs some added convincing

This is the delusion living in our fanbase. This staff is not underachieving? Here is one of those I mentioned lacking a chromosome that believes we don't have far superior talent compared to the likes of MTSU, Duke and Virginia

It is the same core offense. All QBs are back, all RBs, all TEs, all OL. Stop with the bs.

All we lost was Rambo and Harley, which accounted for 1,715 yards and 12 receiving TDs. Comes out to 143 receiving yards and 1 receiving TD per game. That wasn't some juggernaut duo. Collectively our WRs last year averaged 243 receiving yards on 18 receptions and 1.75 touchdowns per game. This year it has been WR by committee. Our WRs this year are averaging 211 receiving yards on 16 receptions and 1.2 touchdowns per game.

This core of WRs would be eclisping last years WR group if not hamstrung by anemic offeneive scheme, which drastically reduces big play opportunities.

Our #1 WR also rode the bench for the first 4 games. Great eye by the staff for not playing him earlier if he is so much better than the other options we had.

Now stop with your bull**** lies. Our backup RB was Stanley last game and only last game and that is because Knighton and Thad are likely both transferring because they don't see eye to eye with this staff and or are not performing up to par. Not because of injuries or unavailability.
LOL @ “all we lost is almost 2000 yards of offense and 12 TDs”, conveniently leaving out that most of the production came second half of the season which is why you think this offense has any chance of being good anyway…. The last 6 games that duo had like 1100 yards and 8 touchdowns.

How would this WR core be better than last year when we lost that production, had Restrepo get injured and Jacolby George get injured? All off-season it was “we have no speed at receiver so we can’t go deep”. But now it’s the coaches fault the offense doesn’t go deep?

Thad and rooster were also injured at points of this season.

You can name call and say all that other bull**** as much as you’d like, this roster is talent deprived and that’s a FACT. Doesn’t absolve the coaches AS I STATED, but there definitely is clear roster issues.

Advertisement

True. But either way we need better coaching, schemes, and talent. All of it is needed across the board to compete for championships. This talent vs scheme debate is nonsensical to the extent its gone on here.

If that’s true , that would make Mario part of the problem . In life you can make mistakes as long as you immediately recognize and correct them . If Gattis is on the staff next year I’m officially off the Mario bandwagon . Mind you , nobody is rooting harder for him than I am . I went to CCHS, my son currently goes to CCHS, and many of my lifetime friends are from CCHS….but I can tell you many of us share this same opinion . Mario has had an issue identifying good OC’s for a while now . I sincerely hope he seeks some outside help when the next decision hopefully comes up this off-season

Re: Decisions. One way doors vs two way doors.

This is a two-way door decision. Correct it and move on.

Advertisement
Winning 7 games is terrible. Offense was better but still left a lot to be desired. It's OK. More importantly can we start drawing up a list for who is next? I know @Liberty City El is itching to compile a list but I think he needs some added convincing

Of course it is. But we did with a staff that was being paid 1/3 of our current staff. We aren't winning 7 games this year. So what does that make this staff?

Most people don’t know football like guys here who coach or are absolutely fluent in the game. Piling on the average fan by people with that level of understanding of the game shouldn’t be as rewarding as it seems.

Most of us wanted a modern system but were willing to give the HC a chance. There’s a poll in another thread with a few hundred or so answers to it that shows 97% of the board does not support Gattis or this scheme.

What’s the point of all this chest thumping right now?

I thought the C in CIS also stood for chestthumping…😎

Of course it is. But we did with a staff that was being paid 1/3 of our current staff. We aren't winning 7 games this year. So what does that make this staff?
I don't know who you are arguing against. This offense would be hard to watch on the radio yet alone TV. I just hate comparisons to last year it's not apples to apples and we didn't set the world on fire then either.

Advertisement
Back