Gattis Sucks Bro Super Megathread

Advertisement
No you’re right - you’ll just anger the crowd that believes the players deserve zero blame.

The fact of the matter is rational posters realize the talent deficiencies we have at key positions. It’s glaring at this point - way too many poor evaluations and highly-rated busts from previous recruiting classes. Mario and Zo have to fix it, and quickly.

However, the coaches (particularly Gattis) are doing absolutely nothing to alleviate this problem and create concepts that make it easier to get guys open and make plays. Honestly, I feel as if Gattis has regressed since UNC. Maybe he’s checked out, but yesterday’s play-calling was the worst I’ve seen all year. Disgusting to watch. Ponce gotta go too - but that’s the one I’m concerned most about. That’s Mario’s boy.

On the other hand, thought Steele was great. He’s a bit hot and cold this year, but I’d give him another shot with a better roster next year.
This board absolutely shredded players for weeks. It was all “ they’re all losers , quitters, *****‘s, and the culture is god awful”. I kept ripping both sides and saying coaches have as much blame as anyone. Now that people see that the mood has changed , now it’s getting back to defending the coaches. Crying that everyone is putting all the blame on the coaches lol. The truth continues to be in the middle.

Think you have to get rid of Gattis, Ponce, and Addae. Need a modern offense obviously and need to finish out the class strong and bring in as many portal guys as possible. You also need to tell 10-20 players to move on.

There's a lot of fat to cut both with players and coaches.
Doubt Ponce goes. Aren't he and Maribro tight? If we're lucky enough that Maribro dumps Shattis and goes with a modern offense, he'll keep Ponce and have him learn the new scheme and elelvate him to OC after the next guy leaves. That was the plan with Shattis.

Maribro doesn't have a scheme so he is desparate to get one in here that can be continued after OCs move on

yeah I can see getting rid of ponce and gattis. I think it's a bit soon on addae, after all it's steele's scheme and the dude can recruit

but again it's just interesting to think how this would play out if we didn't have 8 turnovers against duke (we would win that game), we don't give up 45 to to middle tennessee(we would win that game), and our D stops UNC on 4th down (we would win that game).. we would be 7-1 with the 45th ranked offense and there would be minimal *****ing. all three of those thigns happening were not schematic problems nor related to gattis

again not sticking up for gattis, he needs to be on the first bus outta coral gables at the end of the year.

I'm just shedding light that we're more of a **** show than just gattis' play calling. mario needs to make better decisions, our DB room needs to be completely revamped, and we need a way better OL
Addae recruited who? He didn’t recruit Cormani

Advertisement
Then the hole on offense is Mario
I’ve been saying this same thing for many weeks now.

When will our fan base learn? Have we not had enough evidence of corching during the past 15-20 years to be able to identify ****** schemes, play calling and game day corching?

Mario is the main culprit here. He knew exactly what he wanted in an O when he hired Gattis. He had all of the money at his disposal to hire an elite, innovative, offensive guru, yet he hired this clown.

I’ve said it repeatedly and will say it again, if Mario does not have a major epiphany and do a complete 180 on his offensive philosophy, he will fail miserably here.

He has to start by hiring an OC that gets to bring in his own offensive staff, and then get the **** out of the way. It’s the only way this thing works going forward.

Just identify talent and recruit, Mario. Those are your strengths.

Addae recruited who? He didn’t recruit Cormani
i was talking about his resume. He's seen as a strong recruiter at WVU and UGA

but since you're asking he did bring on darryl porter and I think if given 2-3 years as a position coache, he would be bring in a ton of top talent

but since you're asking he did bring on darryl porter and I think if given 2-3 years as a position coache, he would be bring in a ton of top talent
But who did he recruit at uga? He was there for one year. Not even a full cycle. Champ and smart are also hands on w dbs and recruiting. For me it’s telling that the best db in the country didn’t even mention the db coach once. Not even a throwaway line

Advertisement

He still recruits like he’s at UGA. Sitting back waiting for kids to commit then ask why they aren’t ? Lol.

Any person with a pulse can recruit at UGA or Bama.

This board absolutely shredded players for weeks. It was all “ they’re all losers , quitters, *****‘s, and the culture is god awful”. I kept ripping both sides and saying coaches have as much blame as anyone. Now that people see that the mood has changed now it’s back to defending the coaches. Crying that everyone is putting all the blame on the coaches lol.
And I’ll admit I was one at the forefront calling out the players as well - not that they’re a bigger issue than some on the coaching staff, but that they were not immune to criticism. To some, it came off as a defender of the coaches when I was really just trying to highlight multiple problems with this team.

Ah least the team fought hard yesterday. Doesn’t eliminate the multitude of concerns on this coaching staff + roster, but never underestimate the power of a gritty win on the road before rivalry week (as disgusting as it was). Some of the youngins showed promise, and we have pieces we can build around.

Just need to hope Mario comes to his senses with the offensive side of the ball in the off-season, and to continue stacking elite talent. He can use Cooper as an example of early PT + being coached up enough already to be an integral part of the offense in year 1. Other positions apply as well.

This is just a blatant lie. We don’t have the same core players…. At all. Rambo was literally a record-setting amount of our offense last year with Harley as the #2 guy.

Injuries have decimated the squad. We are the University of Miami and our back up running back is Lucious Stanley, a 6th year transfer from UAB. Our #1 receiver is a community college transfer. Our O-line has been a shuffle since week 1.

Do the coaches deserve some blame? Of course. But let’s not sit here and act like the coaches are under achieving with such a loaded roster.

This is the delusion living in our fanbase. This staff is not underachieving? Here is one of those I mentioned lacking a chromosome that believes we don't have far superior talent compared to the likes of MTSU, Duke and Virginia

It is the same core offense. All QBs are back, all RBs, all TEs, all OL. Stop with the bs.

All we lost was Rambo and Harley, which accounted for 1,715 yards and 12 receiving TDs. Comes out to 143 receiving yards and 1 receiving TD per game. That wasn't some juggernaut duo. Collectively our WRs last year averaged 243 receiving yards on 18 receptions and 1.75 touchdowns per game. This year it has been WR by committee. Our WRs this year are averaging 211 receiving yards on 16 receptions and 1.2 touchdowns per game.

This core of WRs would be eclisping last years WR group if not hamstrung by anemic offeneive scheme, which drastically reduces big play opportunities.

Our #1 WR also rode the bench for the first 4 games. Great eye by the staff for not playing him earlier if he is so much better than the other options we had.

Now stop with your bull**** lies. Our backup RB was Stanley last game and only last game and that is because Knighton and Thad are likely both transferring because they don't see eye to eye with this staff and or are not performing up to par. Not because of injuries or unavailability.

But who did he recruit at uga? He was there for one year. Not even a full cycle. Champ and smart are also hands on w dbs and recruiting. For me it’s telling that the best db in the country didn’t even mention the db coach once. Not even a throwaway line
are we arguing on why people think he's a strong recruiter?

idk you tell me. I'm just saying I think it's a bit premature to get rid of him. if anyone's at fault it's steele's scheme and steele and cristobal's fault for playing dj ivey

Advertisement
Two credible people telling me he won’t be fired. The plan was for this to be a one and done year but now that may change with this **** show.

As Cribby said, Gattis may leave on his own, which is possible.

Mario understands the issues but recognizes the holes we have on Offense and is willing to give him another chance.
If that’s true , that would make Mario part of the problem . In life you can make mistakes as long as you immediately recognize and correct them . If Gattis is on the staff next year I’m officially off the Mario bandwagon . Mind you , nobody is rooting harder for him than I am . I went to CCHS, my son currently goes to CCHS, and many of my lifetime friends are from CCHS….but I can tell you many of us share this same opinion . Mario has had an issue identifying good OC’s for a while now . I sincerely hope he seeks some outside help when the next decision hopefully comes up this off-season

He still recruits like he’s at UGA. Sitting back waiting for kids to commit then ask why they aren’t ? Lol.

Any person with a pulse can recruit at UGA or Bama.
idk man that's your domain.

I just think it's too early to call it on him.

I have faith in steele but the defensive performance falls on him as most issues have been blown coverages

And I’ll admit I was one at the forefront calling out the players as well - not that they’re a bigger issue than some on the coaching staff, but that they were not immune to criticism. To some, it came off as a defender of the coaches when I was really just trying to highlight multiple problems with this team.

Ah least the team fought hard yesterday. Doesn’t eliminate the multitude of concerns on this coaching staff + roster, but never underestimate the power of a gritty win on the road before rivalry week (as disgusting as it was). Some of the youngins showed promise, and we have pieces we can build around.

Just need to hope Mario comes to his senses with the offensive side of the ball in the off-season, and to continue stacking elite talent. He can use Cooper as an example of early PT + being coached up enough already to be an integral part of the offense in year 1. Other positions apply as well.
Both has been the obvious answer since Texas A&M. After MTSU percentage of blame didn't matter. We need better players and better coaching.

Advertisement
are we arguing on why people think he's a strong recruiter?

idk you tell me. I'm just saying I think it's a bit premature to get rid of him. if anyone's at fault it's steele's scheme and steele and cristobal's fault for playing dj ivey

But he isn’t a strong recruiter lll

idk man that's your domain.

I just think it's too early to call it on him.

I have faith in steele but the defensive performance falls on him as most issues have been blown coverages
Hes gained quite the reputation and fast lol. I’ll leave it at that. If we were depending on that guy to build our db room up we’d be f’d. Mario and DVD are carrying the water there.

Haha the ones that defended gattis early on now turned on him. Sometimes dude just sucks
Most people don’t know football like guys here who coach or are absolutely fluent in the game. Piling on the average fan by people with that level of understanding of the game shouldn’t be as rewarding as it seems.

Most of us wanted a modern system but were willing to give the HC a chance. There’s a poll in another thread with a few hundred or so answers to it that shows 97% of the board does not support Gattis or this scheme.

What’s the point of all this chest thumping right now?

Hes gained quite the reputation and fast lol. I’ll leave it at that. If we were depending on that guy to build our db room up we’d be f’d. Mario and DVD are carrying the water there.
I trust mario in the recruiting department more than any other coach in the country.

if addae isn't putting in 100% and pulling his weight, i'm sure mario will move on after the season

Advertisement
Back