Tears Gator Tears

Would be a disaster hire he wont recruit which means they wouldnt win at a high clip yearly at all, I dont care how good his play calling is

I mean he recruited fine at Pedo state and brought in highly rated guys at Bama. But its hard to tell with the sample size being so small.

Advertisement
I think O'Brien would be a great hire for them. Hit successfully in the portal this off season and next year is completely different. You hire a staff to recruit just like Saban, Kirby and Day (a staff that recruits with NIL). Again, the only HC's off the top of my head that can recruit themselves like Mario is Lanning and Fran Brown who isn't at that level of a program. Fran would be a problem at UF. I personally don't want O'Brien there either.

I think O'Brien would be a great hire for them. Hit successfully in the portal this off season and next year is completely different. You hire a staff to recruit just like Saban, Kirby and Day (a staff that recruits with NIL). Again, the only HC's off the top of my head that can recruit themselves like Mario is Lanning and Fran Brown who isn't at that level of a program. Fran would be a problem at UF. I personally don't want O'Brien there either.
yea fran brown would be their best bet if I was being serious
but since its UF I hope they end up going after Al Golden
he knows the florida recruiting area and he runs a good defense now

lol false.

Marcus Freeman calls the defense at ND and many sofla HS coaches can’t stand him.

Advertisement
Bill O'Brien to UF. He could reach his ceiling at BC in Year One and be one and done. O'Brien knows the $EC from his few seasons at Bama. He did well at PSU post-scandal. Worked in elite organizations in the NFL and CFB.

UF went the 'up and coming coach' route with Napier. Repeating the experiment won't excite anyone, including those paying buyouts and salaries.

BOB would be a strong hire. Not sure how much of a destination job for him is BC given he's from that area but I think he's a good coach.

If I were the Gates, I'd dip the toe in the Lane waters to gauge interest. Otherwise, Cignetti and BOB would be top of the list.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Unfortunately for Al, the Florida recruiting area knows him...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back