Tears Gator Tears

It isn't now that Ole Miss has been pouring real resources into the program. Kiffin signed a helluva class and is poised to stack another one.

What kills schools like UF is living in the rearview mirror. Ask us how we know.
I don't think we've lived in the rear view mirror, we've just hired ****** coaches for the last two decades.

Advertisement
I don't think we've lived in the rear view mirror, we've just hired ****** coaches for the last two decades.
We were bro style for wayyyyyyyyyy tooo looooong talking about NFLU and developing QBs in pro system while putting NO QBS IN NFL :jordan:

That could be a part of living in the past, meanwhile an entire spread generation passed us by and teams who were at the forefront benefited greatly while we ******* sucked..

We were bro style for wayyyyyyyyyy tooo looooong talking about NFLU and developing QBs in pro system while putting NO QBS IN NFL :jordan:

That could be a part of living in the past, meanwhile an entire spread generation passed us by and teams who were at the forefront benefited greatly while we ******* sucked..
This is how I remember it. I remember us being “innovative” because we were NFL bro style when Oklahoma was running the wishbone. lol. Dennis Erickson really was innovative and ahead of his time in my opinion with the early spread offense he ran but then we went back to bro style and we never evolved.

Randy Shannon. Al Golden. Manny Diaz. A very ill Mark Richt.

Where are all those guys now?

That's him to a TEE. If He wasn't montes son not a chance he's a head coach. More than likely he's not even a coach. Dudes not a football person at all. I'm not sure what he'd do if football wasn't it for him. To me he's Mike Leach 2.0 he would rather play golf or fish if it was up to him. Sarkysan is like that as well. 3 **** good offensive minds that are just blah on the approach to it all.
I live in boca I would see him all the time out in del ray bannggged up. (When he was at fau)

Advertisement
Yall need to stop it, UF is a better job than Ole Miss. Just like we are better than Ole Miss even wheb we sucked. Why? Because we won titles in living memory. The kids may not remember, but their parents do. I'm not sure Kiffin would like living in Gainesville. That **** doesnt want to recruit, he wants time to go party in South Florida, which is why he wanted our job. If its just pure football, UF is a better job for him. Teams that won titles in modern times can do it again. Like UGA, like Michigan. It just takes the powers being fed up

Yall need to stop it, UF is a better job than Ole Miss. Just like we are better than Ole Miss even wheb we sucked. Why? Because we won titles in living memory. The kids may not remember, but their parents do. I'm not sure Kiffin would like living in Gainesville. That **** doesnt want to recruit, he wants time to go party in South Florida, which is why he wanted our job. If its just pure football, UF is a better job for him. Teams that won titles in modern times can do it again. Like UGA, like Michigan. It just takes the powers being fed up
I agree that UiF is a better job from a football standpoint but the question being posed I think is whether a coach making $10 million per year with a lot less pressure, who’s a known partier, has the motivation to take the UiF job with all the pressures and hassles for $11 or $12 m per year???

I agree that UiF is a better job from a football standpoint but the question being posed I think is whether a coach making $10 million per year with a lot less pressure, who’s a known partier, has the motivation to take the UiF job with all the pressures and hassles for $11 or $12 m per year???
Honestly it'll probably just be exclusively about guaranteed Dollars for him lol. UF clearly is the better job, but he's in a pretty nice and easy situation at Ole Miss and is probably living like the king over there. But if its between $10M/yr for 4 years fully guaranteed at Ole Miss and $13M/yr for 5+ years fully guaranteed at UF... That makes it easier. And hey and hour or two away from jacksonville/orlando at least... lol

Advertisement
That’s because we were still living in 1990. Miami never hired some big name coach to come in and run the program. We hired guys like Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson who had some success at lesser programs or we hired former assistants like Butch Davis or Larry Coker. The WHOLE reason why Miami fell off the face of the earth over the last 20 years was because the program somehow managed to dominate without investing any money in the 80’s and 90’s and they thought they could just be cheap forever and keep winning when the rest of college football was throwing millions of dollars around. Who needs a new weight room? These rusty weights got us 5 rings! Who needs an Indoor facility? Green tree got us 5 rings! Who needs to hire a big time coach? Some guy from Idaho got us two national championships! Miami was getting the results they paid for for the last two decades. The school treated the football team like a mid tier program and they got mid tier results.

I guess I’m the only one who agrees with the media pundits that Lane would absolutely take the UF job. You can’t win a natty at Ole Miss. he had to pump portal transfers into this team just to give it a shot at a Sec title. There is a higher ceiling at UF. Now with all that said, Lane isn’t going there if UF isn’t serious about NIL. Just like Mario had financial demands of us that we had to agree to before he took this job..Lane will require the same from UF. Will they meet the mark is the question.

Honestly it'll probably just be exclusively about guaranteed Dollars for him lol. UF clearly is the better job, but he's in a pretty nice and easy situation at Ole Miss and is probably living like the king over there. But if its between $10M/yr for 4 years fully guaranteed at Ole Miss and $13M/yr for 5+ years fully guaranteed at UF... That makes it easier. And hey and hour or two away from jacksonville/orlando at least... lol
Rashada had guaranteed dollars. How did that go

Advertisement
UF has a higher ceiling than Ole Miss because of the recruiting base. But with Mario at the helm in Miami, we have really dug in and planted roots in Central Florida, and Duval, which has always been Florida's recruiting footprint. Is Lane really up to taking on Mario head to head in recruiting?

Sark has actually told me a few stories from those days & I know a few people that were in the program at the time as well. Definitely a made for TV movie. Sark comes down once a year in the off-season for a weekend with 3 of his childhood home boys and they always rent one of my houses to stay at. Dudes one funny *** dude. I've always wished we could've found a role for him here outside of as a head coach. What he's doing now he would've struggled heavily with elsewhere. It's sortve like with Mario far as the background stuff goes and it all just lines up. Not saying neither of them couldnt do it elsewhere as we've seen both have some success elsewhere. But to be optimized like that it's dependent on the lil pieces in my eyes
You talk to Sark? Who are you? lol

UF has a higher ceiling than Ole Miss because of the recruiting base. But with Mario at the helm in Miami, we have really dug in and planted roots in Central Florida, and Duval, which has always been Florida's recruiting footprint. Is Lane really up to taking on Mario head to head in recruiting?
That's the point with Lane though. He ain't built like that for recruiting. Ole **** has always proven when they're supposed to be competitive they will spend. Well they been competitive under lane and he still ain't recruiting like that. It's an afterthought for him

Advertisement
Facts, tbh Miami still a “tier 1” job.

No coach has ever been poached from UM (at least in past 50 years) for lateral job as HC at another FBS school. Honestly, look back at our last 5 hires…. Miami has gotten their guy every time, number 1 option.

Only so many tier 1 jobs in the sport, UF is also a tier one job though (pains me to write that)… if Kiffin gets offered job he’s gone before he can pack his ****** in his suitcase.

We absolutely have lived in the rearview mirror. We thought Greentree and local recruiting was just magical. Heck we're still selling ourselves on this "understands the culture" narrative with Mario, the difference is he has been two elite places unlike the other hacks we've hired, ex-Richt, who was just too late in his career.

Advertisement
Back