Tears Gator Tears

SIAP but just had this pop up in my feed and these may be literal tears on the phone. Dude gets so worked up the 2nd half of the call.

Comforting Big Hero 6 GIF by Sky

Advertisement
I just don't see the draw to Gainesville even for someone who likes the state of Florida in general. It's a crappy location not near the coast or any other major areas of interest. Yes, Kiffin likes fishing, etc but is that enough of a draw, especially since it's still more than an hour to the coast. Does UF have more money for coaching salaries and NIL than Ol Miss?
The only thing that the turds have going for them with Lane is that they can offer him a 10 year contract while Ole Miss has that state rule that limits it to 4 years I believe.

So let me get this straight..they have the 26M to buyout Napier PLUS the 10M a year it will cost to get a Kiffin or Riley type HC..PLUS whoever they want as staff….so my question is…why the ***** don’t they have a better NIL program if they have all this money to blow? Lol. Sounds like Rashada should have got his money!
plus the buyout of Kiffin/Riley of their contracts which I have no idea what that amount would be.

The only thing that the turds have going for them with Lane is that they can offer him a 10 year contract while Ole Miss has that state rule that limits it to 4 years I believe.
Aren’t they still paying mullens and then will be paying Bayou Billy And then have to pay Lane 8-10 a year…man that’s a ton of cash for a school that’s collecting quarter’s on every corner to fund their NIL and that ain’t counting paying off that 100 asst. and other staff Bayou has and however many Lane will want….

you’re talking close to 20+ million a year …. And then they still have to fund their NIL…..can they really afford to fire Billy Boy and hire a top HC ?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Aren’t they still paying mullens and then will be paying Bayou Billy And then have to pay Lane 8-10 a year…man that’s a ton of cash for a school that’s collecting quarter’s on every corner in Trailerhassee to get their urinals fixed….and that ain’t counting paying off that 100 asst. and other staff Bayou has and however many Lane will want….

you’re talking close to 20+ million a year …. And then they still have to fund their NIL…..can they really afford to fire Billy Boy and hire a top HC ?
Kiffin is making $8.85 million this year plus bonuses and $9 million from 25-29 plus bonuses. His contract automatically extends and extra year if he wins 7 or more games

Kiffin is making $8.85 million this year plus bonuses and $9 million from 25-29 plus bonuses. His contract automatically extends and extra year if he wins 7 or more games
Well it would seem he’d have to get a decent raise so make that 10 a year 12-15 a year….i just don’t see how they can afford all this not with them talking about how broke they are…plus I don’t see why in the world he’d want to leave what he’s built at Ole Miss to go to that cluster of all clusters no matter how much he supposedly loves Fla….

When you’re making 10 million a year you can grab a private jet and be in the keys in a couple of hours where there’s real fishing not just a retention pond with 2 goldfish…

Plus with them looking for someone that loves recruiting I’m not sure Kiffen’s gonna fill that bill…And if they can overlook that WTF don’t they just go get Mullens again who you can probably get for 6-8 a year right now since schools don’t seem to be knocking down his door trying to hire him..

Advertisement
Advertisement
They are insane. Their last three hires: McElwain, Mullen, Napier. What about those three hires gives these idiots the confidence that the job is "Kiffin's to lose" or "We have a shot at Riley"? lol, the delusion is wild. Looking at past hires, seems like the next man for the job will be a coordinator or another small school HC.

They might find a guy who is bold enough to try to make his name at Florida. But it won't be Kiffin or Riley.

They have circumvented that rule.

Lane Train has a contract with the Ole Miss Foundation, not the school.

Love how they think Napier is not playing the supposedly more talented and better underclassmen just because. Never occurs them that those players aren't playing because they have not beat out the guys ahead of them. I personally would start Lagway over Mertz just because Mertz sucks.
Yea the days of having a statue back there at QB are over. Plus, if you are going to use a QB like Mertz you better at least be loaded at WR and RB, which Florida isn’t right now. If I were opposing DC I would be salivating at the thought of game planning for Mertz. He can’t throw the ball deep and can’t run. I think people are going to realize the season he had last year was smoke and mirrors.

Advertisement
They have circumvented that rule.

Lane Train has a contract with the Ole Miss Foundation, not the school.
Only drawback is that his buyout is small, only 4 million. I find it hilarious. Of course the coach at the top of their list has the smallest buyout.

Wasn't Lane married to a major UF booster's daughter? I swear I read that was an issue at some point.

If you've ever been in a TV trailer before any kind of sporting event and look at the wall of screens, you will see about a half dozen (or more) cameras like this focused on the most talented ladies in the facility. I don't know if it's a competition, if the cameramen all forget everyone can see what they're looking at, or if they simply don't give a crap.

Advertisement
Back