Tears Gator Tears

Wait, what did Billy Corbin do to Miami to get put in the same bin as Luke?

He's had beef with UM for awhile. Some of it seems legit but a lot of it comes off as petty. When he's outside of a UM audience he doesn't care to rip the school.

His primary beef is with UM not cooperating/trying to impede the filming of The U parts 1 and 2.

Billy loves UM, but if any UM alum is ever honest and makes a legit criticism, somehow that becomes something more than it actually is.

To clarify: Luke and Billy are not in the same "bin".

I didn't say there was more, I said what's there simply comes off as petty. Which, when he's on Cowherd days after the Shapiro story broke saying UM leases its offices to pyramid schemers, rings pretty true.

Having an issue with UM is good. Necessary. Common. Football fans, of all people, have boatloads of complaints. But airing those grievances in the wake of a scandal that could bury the football program is petulant, and that's what I take issue with. No school in America would endorse a film that included and celebrated what The U did. Zero surprise they were anything but cold or hostile because even giving him freedom to use the logo can be seen as an endorsement. It's spineless and petty on their part, but not surprising.

Guy has done incredible work for the legacy and heritage of the program and the school has benefited mightily, even as they've shut him out. But if it's fair for Billy to criticize the school on occasion then it's fair for us to criticize him on occasion. There's nothing more than that.

Again, I don't really think we are disagreeing here, it's just a question of perspective.

As someone who went to school at UM in the 80s and 90s, the experience wasn't just "players dancing" or "wearing gold chains". What happened in Miami was a combination of South Florida (particularly the Marielitos) embracing UM as an emblem, and the players from poor backgrounds embracing the joy of football played well (both in overall excellence and in a rejection of the Wishbone and other antiquated styles of play).

Maybe some people watch The U and think it's about celebrating UM and the (bad) reputation that we built, and that's certainly how UM administrators see it, so they choose to reject it. The reality is that Billy shows HOW it happened, how players came to enjoy a more wide-open style of play and fans came to embrace players who celebrated.

Do Michigan adminstrators have to be proud of a Fab 5 documentary? Will Georgetown administrators be happy to re-confront issues of race that John Thompson raised in a G-town documentary? You can pick a few dozen stories that have been (or should be) documented that will involve the resurrection of old wounds, but that doesn't mean you have to either be "with" or "against" the person making the documentary.

Billy is Billy. He's a person just like any one of us, capable of mistakes. And don't get me wrong, I was very upset with LeBatard when he decided to pull his years-old notes from his Miami Hurricanes days out of the closet so that he could make his bones at the Herald and hopefully get a national job.

But I do think there is something fundamentally different between what Corben has done and what LeBatard has done. Billy has tried to tell a story that is complex, that has both good and bad. On the other hand, Dan took things that had been told to him in confidence, when he was a student, and he parlayed that into a career stepping-stone. There were many of us who knew the players, who wrote for the Hurricane, and/or were otherwise close to the program who knew specific facts, but only LeBatard chose to make a national name for himself with that information.

Advertisement
We've seen this movie before here with Folden and we know how it ends. Some of the Gayturds know it too but most are still in some portion of the Denial Stage:

Capture+_2017-04-24-19-40-27.webp

Lol at they "wrecked Miami" last cycle. Maryland hurt us more than UFag when Whoopie McFarland skipped at the last minute.

Last edited:

He's had beef with UM for awhile. Some of it seems legit but a lot of it comes off as petty. When he's outside of a UM audience he doesn't care to rip the school.

His primary beef is with UM not cooperating/trying to impede the filming of The U parts 1 and 2.

Billy loves UM, but if any UM alum is ever honest and makes a legit criticism, somehow that becomes something more than it actually is.

I didn't say there was more, I said what's there simply comes off as petty. Which, when he's on Cowherd days after the Shapiro story broke saying UM leases its offices to pyramid schemers, rings pretty true.

Having an issue with UM is good. Necessary. Common. Football fans, of all people, have boatloads of complaints. But airing those grievances in the wake of a scandal that could bury the football program is petulant, and that's what I take issue with. No school in America would endorse a film that included and celebrated what The U did. Zero surprise they were anything but cold or hostile because even giving him freedom to use the logo can be seen as an endorsement. It's spineless and petty on their part, but not surprising.

Guy has done incredible work for the legacy and heritage of the program and the school has benefited mightily, even as they've shut him out. But if it's fair for Billy to criticize the school on occasion then it's fair for us to criticize him on occasion. There's nothing more than that.

Again, I don't really think we are disagreeing here, it's just a question of perspective.

As someone who went to school at UM in the 80s and 90s, the experience wasn't just "players dancing" or "wearing gold chains". What happened in Miami was a combination of South Florida (particularly the Marielitos) embracing UM as an emblem, and the players from poor backgrounds embracing the joy of football played well (both in overall excellence and in a rejection of the Wishbone and other antiquated styles of play).

Maybe some people watch The U and think it's about celebrating UM and the (bad) reputation that we built, and that's certainly how UM administrators see it, so they choose to reject it. The reality is that Billy shows HOW it happened, how players came to enjoy a more wide-open style of play and fans came to embrace players who celebrated.

Do Michigan adminstrators have to be proud of a Fab 5 documentary? Will Georgetown administrators be happy to re-confront issues of race that John Thompson raised in a G-town documentary? You can pick a few dozen stories that have been (or should be) documented that will involve the resurrection of old wounds, but that doesn't mean you have to either be "with" or "against" the person making the documentary.

Billy is Billy. He's a person just like any one of us, capable of mistakes. And don't get me wrong, I was very upset with LeBatard when he decided to pull his years-old notes from his Miami Hurricanes days out of the closet so that he could make his bones at the Herald and hopefully get a national job.

But I do think there is something fundamentally different between what Corben has done and what LeBatard has done. Billy has tried to tell a story that is complex, that has both good and bad. On the other hand, Dan took things that had been told to him in confidence, when he was a student, and he parlayed that into a career stepping-stone. There were many of us who knew the players, who wrote for the Hurricane, and/or were otherwise close to the program who knew specific facts, but only LeBatard chose to make a national name for himself with that information.

Great perspective. Thanks for sharing this.

Capture+_2017-04-24-20-13-32.webp
Yeah... I'm sure that it'd be real funny to you if it was your mother or sister that Brantley punched out you fûcking coward Gayturd facquits.

Thanks for sharing this... I don't have the inside track here, but I always saw a big line between Corben and LeBatard. Corben is a storyteller who dabbled with being a bit petty, but never really threw UM under the bus. LeBatard made his name with the Pell Grant scandal, so I'm never surprised when he acts like a snake.

Advertisement
We've seen this movie before here with Folden and we know how it ends. Some of the Gayturds know it too but most are still in some portion of the Denial Stage:

View attachment 44713

Lol at they "wrecked Miami" last cycle. Maryland hurt us more than UFag when Whoopie McFarland skipped at the last minute.

Speaking of Whoopie, BEHOLD!! the most anticipated spring game of 2017.

[TWEET]855866800927592448[/TWEET]

Capture+_2017-04-25-15-02-44.webp

Ummm...we have N'kosi coming in with Sitkowski lined up behind him while you turds have Jake Allen and terrible options ahead of him and nothing lined up behind him. We good.

Capture+_2017-04-25-15-13-21.webp

Lol at SUckGator51 and the rest of their Gayturd board. They think they're going to have a better season and flip our recruits.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami has QB questions for the first time in 3+ years. UF hasn't had a QB in 8 years or whenever Tebow graduated.

We're in a transition year at QB because our starter left early for the NFL, and Richt is only bringing in his QB recruits just this year.

McElwain is now in his third year and I'm not sure UF has ever had a QB leave early for the NFL, yet they're the school going the grad transfer route.

But clearly, Miami's QB issues are worse, right?

View attachment 44713

That kid has to look at 2018 class and immediately be like fuq I made a huge mistake

We're in a transition year at QB because our starter left early for the NFL, and Richt is only bringing in his QB recruits just this year.

McElwain is now in his third year and I'm not sure UF has ever had a QB leave early for the NFL, yet they're the school going the grad transfer route.

But clearly, Miami's QB issues are worse, right?

They're not even doing well on the grad transfer route. I saw that Malik Zaire is looking at Harvard. Per their own board, IIRC, no QB that Mac has recruited has thrown a pass in an actual game. They've got no one decent now and no one decent coming in yet here they go again.

This is one reason why I detest them. As long as I can remember their fans have always thrown out a superiority thing grounded in nothing. They haven't changed their snide ignorant ways. They're in a God-awful situation and they see Perry and Sitkowski in the wings, yet they're gonna have a good year and we're gonna tank. i.e. They're great and Miami sucks.

Predictable from their fan base. What we need are Moar tears.

Last edited:
Advertisement

View attachment 44713

They can't even write their own posts. That's clearly copy/pasted off this board with "mac" substituted for "al".

View attachment 44713

That kid has to look at 2018 class and immediately be like fuq I made a huge mistake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwQW3KW3DCc

View attachment 44713

Don't *** wit us.

LMMFAO !!!!!!:sanford:

Advertisement
I always have this movie in mind when I see Gators and Noles who can't figure out which team in Florida has the most championship rings.

tumblr_od2ggaYevB1tkodheo3_400.gif

Screenshot_20170425-191613.webp

Bi*ch Stampini can't help himself....look at the comments from them it's comical

Advertisement
Back