Tears Gator Tears

Its SEC bias at its best. They jumped up 26 spots. An argument can be made for the top 25. But not up to 12th from 38th after week one.

They didn't exactly dominate Utah either. To move up that high, it should've taken a win over Bama, UGA or OSU. Or at least a road/neutral site win by more than the squeaker they won it by. For all anyone knows Utah might not be any good. It won't matter if they go 6-6 because UF already got a bump from beating them. But they sure as fck won't be dropped if that Utah win turns out to be hollow.

No other conference's teams gets this kinda treatment.
This is the benefit of the doubt you get when your conference consistently beats teams from other P5 conferences. Stupid people don’t want to believe it but conference reputation buys you all sorts of (undeserved) credit.

Advertisement
This is the benefit of the doubt you get when your conference consistently beats teams from other P5 conferences. Stupid people don’t want to believe it but conference reputation buys you all sorts of (undeserved) credit.
What makes it so bad is the snowball effect it has.

Either #20 Kentucky gets a bump for beating #12 UF, or UF loses but stays inside the top 25. UF plays USF next week. That means the UF Tenn matchup in 2 weeks will still feature 2 top 25 teams, and one of them will get credit for a top 25 win.

Same for Kentucky. If they lose this weekend, they won't drop because they lost to #12 on the road. They play Youngstown St and NIU over the next 2 weeks before going to still unbeaten and likely top 15 Ole Miss (Ole Miss plays Central Arkansas, GT and Tulsa before Kentucky). Somebody is getting another win against a top 25 team.

All this because UF moved up 26 spots.

Look, if Andy Jean is this easily and fraudulently impressed, then I'm fine with Miami "missing" on him. That's not sour grapes. That's just a complete inability to see what this guy is "seeing" in Anthony Richardson (besides a big butt and a smile and "making plays")...

Anthony Richardson's "running game":
---I've already complimented AR-15 on his 45 yard run against a defense that wasn't defending. OK, that was impressive.
---14 yard run
---9 yard run
---9 yard run
---5 yard run
---4 yard run
---4 yard run
---4 yard run
---2 yard run
---2 yard run (TD)
---1 yard run (TD)

So that's it for AR-15's best attribute (running). One big play. A couple of decent runs (a 14 yarder and two 9 yarders).

Anthony Richardson's "passing game":
---23 yard pass to Pearsall
---15 yard pass to Pearsall
---15 yard pass to Henderson
---15 yard pass to Shorter
---14 yard pass to Pearsall
---14 yard pass to Johnson
---11 yard pass to Henderson
---10 yard pass to Shorter
---7 hard pass to Henderson
---7 yard pass to Zipperer
---7 yard pass to Etienne
---5 yard pass to Reynolds
---5 yard pass to Henderson
---3 yard pass to Henderson
---2 yard pass to Etienne
---0 yard pass to Henderson

This is what constitutes "smiling and making plays"? Dink and dunk? You have got to be kidding me.

I hope Andy Jean enjoys Hogtown. ****, he won't ever get to play with AR-15 anyhow, as that guy is about to win the Heisman and be drafted #1 overall by the NFL...

Last edited:
Look, if Andy Jean is this easily and fraudulently impressed, then I'm fine with Miami "missing" on him. That's not sour grapes. That's just a complete inability to see what this guy is "seeing" in Anthony Richardson (besides a big butt and a smile and "making plays")...

Anthony Richardson's "running game":
---I've already complimented AR-15 on his 45 yard run against a defense that wasn't defending. OK, that was impressive.
---14 yard run
---9 yard run
---9 yard run
---5 yard run
---4 yard run
---4 yard run
---4 yard run
---2 yard run
---2 yard run (TD)
---1 yard run (TD)

So that's it for AR-15's best attribute (running). One big play. A couple of decent runs (a 14 yarder and two 9 yarders).

Anthony Richardson's "passing game":
---23 yard pass to Pearsall
---15 yard pass to Pearsall
---15 yard pass to Henderson
---15 yard pass to Shorter
---14 yard pass to Johnson
---11 yard pass to Henderson
---10 yard pass to Shorter
---7 hard pass to Henderson
---7 yard pass to Zipperer
---7 yard pass to Etienne
---5 yard pass to Reynolds
---5 yard pass to Henderson
---3 yard pass to Henderson
---2 yard pass to Etienne
---0 yard pass to Henderson

This is what constitutes "smiling and making plays"? You have got to be kidding me.

I hope Andy Jean enjoys Hogtown. ****, he won't ever get to play with AR-15 anyhow, as that guy is about to win the Heisman and be drafted #1 overall by the NFL...
"He won't ever get to play with AR-15 anyhow." Bingo. By their own admission Stokes isn't exactly someone WR should be lining up to play with. They're going to need a major upgrade at QB next year. That's a **** of a risk for a WR to take.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah. The coaches put em at 19.
I totally bought the hype of Utah and was legit shocked that the gata was even in the game.

So I started thinking about how this hype came about. Was it even legit? Cause we all know the gates are garbage.

Basically Utah was just decent last year when you look at the entire body of work. They had two great wins against a perceived contender in Oregon and a close fought loss to a perceived elite in OSU. They had some real ****show performances too earlier in the season.

The Oregon wins were solid but it was the tight bowl game with OSU that gave them the lofty ranking.

So how good was OSU actually? They just put up a solid performance against a perennially overrated ND team. Not terribly impressive despite being touted as a top 3 team with a "generational" offense.

What was their cred last year besides putting up video game numbers against overmatched big ten schools? Their marquee win was an utter dismantling of a good Michigan State team. Beyond that victory few of their good wins were in dominant fashion and they lost to the two best teams they played. Including a loss to Oregon at home.

Here's the kicker. Michigan was demolished by UGA in the cfp and then Oregon just got bodied by them to start the season.

Seems OSU got lucky they missed the cfp or else they would have been dragged on national TV by UGA or Bama.

All this is to say my conclusion is Utah is just a solid 8+ win team who got pumped up through the transitive property being applied using a massively overated OSU team as justification. I believe when it all shakes out the buckeyes lose 2 games this season and if they they sneak into the playoff theyll get smoked by whomever they play. Obviously that also means the gata will be exposed as average in the not too distant future.

I totally bought the hype of Utah and was legit shocked that the gata was even in the game.

So I started thinking about how this hype came about. Was it even legit? Cause we all know the gates are garbage.

Basically Utah was just decent last year when you look at the entire body of work. They had two great wins against a perceived contender in Oregon and a close fought loss to a perceived elite in OSU. They had some real ****show performances too earlier in the season.

The Oregon wins were solid but it was the tight bowl game with OSU that gave them the lofty ranking.

So how good was OSU actually? They just put up a solid performance against a perennially overrated ND team. Not terribly impressive despite being touted as a top 3 team with a "generational" offense.

What was their cred last year besides putting up video game numbers against overmatched big ten schools? Their marquee win was an utter dismantling of a good Michigan State team. Beyond that victory few of their good wins were in dominant fashion and they lost to the two best teams they played. Including a loss to Oregon at home.

Here's the kicker. Michigan was demolished by UGA in the cfp and then Oregon just got bodied by them to start the season.

Seems OSU got lucky they missed the cfp or else they would have been dragged on national TV by UGA or Bama.

All this is to say my conclusion is Utah is just a solid 8+ win team who got pumped up through the transitive property being applied using a massively overated OSU team as justification. I believe when it all shakes out the buckeyes lose 2 games this season and if they they sneak into the playoff theyll get smoked by whomever they play. Obviously that also means the gata will be exposed as average in the not too distant future.
They’re pumped up right now but I think we all see problems. The gator has no depth on the LOS, no depth at QB if Richardson gets hurt, no TE’s, no WRs beyond Pearsall, no LB depth and even then nothing special in the starting group. Maybe Ventrell Miller??? Solid at CB. Solid enough at RB but not stellar. Etienne looks good as a Freshman. Injuries will knock them down quickly. That SEC schedule will be grueling.

It was a taint team that didn’t have olave and Wilson also as they didn’t play the bowl game

Its SEC bias at its best. They jumped up 26 spots. An argument can be made for the top 25. But not up to 12th from 38th after week one.

They didn't exactly dominate Utah either. To move up that high, it should've taken a win over Bama, UGA or OSU. Or at least a road/neutral site win by more than the squeaker they won it by. For all anyone knows Utah might not be any good. It won't matter if they go 6-6 because UF already got a bump from beating them. But they sure as fck won't be dropped if that Utah win turns out to be hollow.

No other conference's teams gets this kinda treatment.
I wasn’t a big computer poll guy, but that’s the 1 (and only) element that I did like about the system.
Each week there was a recalculation based on past opponents games.
Theroretically, a ranked team could be idle, and if all of there previous opponents lost that week, they would drop in the rankings.

With the human poll, that’s all forgotten week to week. It’s a lazy process.
Either move up or down based on what happened that week.
However, the CFBPO committee seems to review the entire season.

All this being said, Dump the polls till mid October when there’s some actual data to input to make an informed decision.

Advertisement
Gators suck. There's really nothing more to say.
Bud Light Beer GIF by ADWEEK

A Gaytor friend of mine said the following:

"This Gators team is one Anthony Richardson injury away from being a bottom of the barrel team in the SEC East. Even then, someone needs to tell him he doesn't need to rocket every single ball. Defense needs work, receivers are bad."

Advertisement
A Gaytor friend of mine said the following:

"This Gators team is one Anthony Richardson injury away from being a bottom of the barrel team in the SEC East. Even then, someone needs to tell him he doesn't need to rocket every single ball. Defense needs work, receivers are bad."
So your friend has eyeballs that function properly.

So your friend has eyeballs that function properly.
yup unusual for the Gaytors...although my niece texted me immediately after the game saying how I was wrong the Utah would stomp them.

her exact text was; "PROVEN WRONG" 3 middle finger emojis, and go swamp lizards(not what she said)
I only responded with nice game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back