Tears Gator Tears

4-star WR Daquayvious Sorey
4-star DL Will Norman
4-star WR Andy Jean
4-star WR Aidan Mizell
4-star CB Ja'Keem Jackson
4-star DL Kamran James
4-star S Jordan Castell

Strange coincidence, all of these recruits' mothers named their sons "4-star"...

You know me, all them are kids i included in my “on the spot” mock 2 weeks ago and while that list of kids would be a very very nice haul, that haul still falls behind what Bama, UGA, LSU, and probably in a few months A&M will be bringing in, you feel me?

If you’re not bringing in **** near 5+ top 100 kids per year, forget about it especially if none of those top 100 guys is a top end QB.

Advertisement
I love this thread.

But it's a little insane how confident you guys are that Napier will suck. You never know with a new coach.

Well lets look at it like this...

1. When he came in he demanded current commits send him a video and also why the wanted to be a gator... That caused good recruits to decommit.

2. He hired not 1 but 2 OL on field OL coaches.

3. He managed to **** off Polk county where a lot of gator prospects come from.

4. Back to his OL coach who is apparently telling recruits if you commit else where your softer than baby sh*t. They've whiffed on every major OL Target thus far to the point one of their targets committed to FSU of all places while in Gainesville leaving an official visit.

Now lets be realistic... could Billy be a bad coach? No he could actually be a good coach, but thus far his actions indicate otherwise. Being a good coach is more than just gameday in college. It involves so much more.

Advertisement
I love this thread.

But it's a little insane how confident you guys are that Napier will suck. You never know with a new coach.
Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 2.25.50 PM.webp

Advertisement
4-star WR Daquayvious Sorey
4-star DL Will Norman
4-star WR Andy Jean
4-star WR Aidan Mizell
4-star CB Ja'Keem Jackson
4-star DL Kamran James
4-star S Jordan Castell

Strange coincidence, all of these recruits' mothers named their sons "4-star"...
If they got all 7 of these 4* right now they would only be 9 points ahead of us on the composite. We would pass them again with Bryant or Okunlola or Alinen or Aguero or any combination of Kinsler, Kirkland and Bonsu.

There's no formula of gator maths that can save them this year.

Best part about denial and rationalizing is nothing will change with them. It’s what kept us in the pits for 20 years, blaming boogeymen (bags, bias etc basically the playbook). Whether it was herby or whatever as soon as we started focusing on ourselves… put real resous into the program, get a legit coach and AD etc things start changing for the better and it’s noticeable. It’s a new day yes it is and it’s glorious.
A lot of those boogeymen were legit problems for Miami. Having to compete with teams who were allowed to drop bags was a real issue. Having to compete with teams that had unlimited recruiting budgets while our staff had to chase local kids with one hand tied behind their back was a real issue. One of the main reasons we were constantly left signing local "diamonds in the rough" was because our budget didn't allow for a ton of national recruiting. We had to make do with what we could get at the time.

Now we have an administration that opened up the check book and a staff that doesn't have to work on a g5 budget, we can finally land the biggest fish nationally. Our boosters can legally offer NIL deals to kids now so we can compete with the bag schools. Everything came together at the perfect time for Miami to get back to national prominence.

If they got all 7 of these 4* right now they would only be 9 points ahead of us on the composite. We would pass them again with Bryant or Okunlola or Alinen or Aguero or any combination of Kinsler, Kirkland and Bonsu.

There's no formula of gator maths that can save them this year.
Dude. There’s ALWAYS a formula for getting out of things. Need proof? Just pick any of the last 2500 or so pages.

Advertisement
A lot of those boogeymen were legit problems for Miami. Having to compete with teams who were allowed to drop bags was a real issue. Having to compete with teams that had unlimited recruiting budgets while our staff had to chase local kids with one hand tied behind their back was a real issue. One of the main reasons we were constantly left signing local "diamonds in the rough" was because our budget didn't allow for a ton of national recruiting. We had to make do with what we could get at the time.

Now we have an administration that opened up the check book and a staff that doesn't have to work on a g5 budget, we can finally land the biggest fish nationally. Our boosters can legally offer NIL deals to kids now so we can compete with the bag schools. Everything came together at the perfect time for Miami to get back to national prominence.
I agree wholeheartedly the point of boogymen is to place the blame on others though. Our lack of resources was a Miami issue not anyone else. Once we got people in charge willing to commit look what happens

Advertisement
Mario’s coattails at Bama.

Looks like you want to stand up for the gator in Gator Tears.

🤔
is it time for

to do a little sight seeing. ;-)

is it time for

to do a little sight seeing. ;-)

I like WingStop but it’s his second time being naughty in Gator Tears 💁🏻‍♂️

Well lets look at it like this...

1. When he came in he demanded current commits send him a video and also why the wanted to be a gator... That caused good recruits to decommit.

2. He hired not 1 but 2 OL on field OL coaches.

3. He managed to **** off Polk county where a lot of gator prospects come from.

4. Back to his OL coach who is apparently telling recruits if you commit else where your softer than baby sh*t. They've whiffed on every major OL Target thus far to the point one of their targets committed to FSU of all places while in Gainesville leaving an official visit.

Now lets be realistic... could Billy be a bad coach? No he could actually be a good coach, but thus far his actions indicate otherwise. Being a good coach is more than just gameday in college. It involves so much more.

Your last sentence is exactly what Mullen overlooked and it became his downfall and while Napier is doing things the opposite way of Mullen, he's going to have to be honest with himself because this isn't ULL anymore and if he doesn't act swift to plug leaks, it'll be his downfall just like Mullen's. I had another point to make but it slipped my mind. Oh yea, OL recruiting.

Obviously we know that you guys are cleaning up on the OL (or is about to clean up if things hold true to how all the signs are pointing) and low and behold, Alex Atkins at FSU have beaten us for 4 highly coveted OL the last two cycles; remember they beat us out for Armella and Qae'shon Sapp last cycle and beat us for Kearney and Simmons in the last 3 weeks.

We're a DISTANT 3rd in OL recruiting compared to Miami and FSU. And OL recruiting was [one of] Mullen's/Hev's downfall

Advertisement
Back