2025 Flip Watch 2.0 Fong "Miami is Going to be Swinging a Big Spatula" (2025 Version)

Advertisement
Despite what we're all finally witnessing with Cam Ward, some here continue to seem absolutely desperate for the game manager surrounded by stacked talent formula at Miami despite seeing firsthand how much an elite gunslinging QB with top-end NFL tools can elevate the ceiling of our program.

Look at the eight highest-ranked teams in the AP Top 25 right now:

- Texas has Quinn Ewers (projected 1st rounder) and Arch Manning (5* recruit).
- Georgia has Carson Beck (projected 1st rounder).
- Ohio State has Will Howard. Some here inexplicably wanted Howard over Ward, but I digress.
- Alabama has Jalen Milroe (1st round potential with his physical tools if he keeps thriving with DeBoer).
- Tennessee has Nico Iamaleava (5* recruit).
- Ole Miss has Jaxson Dart (projected 1st rounder).
- Miami has Cam Ward (projected 1st rounder).
- Oregon has Dillon Gabriel.

OSU & Oregon are the outliers here as they're starting veterans from the portal who don't have an NFL future. Both programs have 5* QB's waiting in the wings (Sayin at OSU, Moore at Oregon) for next season.

If we land a whale out of the portal at QB for 2025 and Emory beats them out, then that's completely fair game. But to say or suggest "you gotta roll with Emory" and not even try to land a stud portal QB is utterly nonsensical.

Absolutely, recruiting the portal is an absolute must...but you definitely cannot count on the portal primarily.

We havent had to do that this far, and I feel positive that we will not have to do that moving forward.

We are NOT FSu, and Mario is NOT Norvell. The construction of our current roster, took recruiting at all levels including the players we already had on campus.

Emory will be fine next season, and if our staff feel that he wont, than we have to do whatever is best for the program.

Keep stacking up dudes on the OL and DL, there's no one that can tell me that Emory cant be a Mac Jones type of QB.

But rolling the dice with transfer guys each year, that have to learn a system from scratch, is just too risky.
Depends on the position.

Despite what we're all finally witnessing with Cam Ward, some here continue to seem absolutely desperate for the game manager surrounded by stacked talent formula at Miami despite seeing firsthand how much an elite gunslinging QB with top-end NFL tools can elevate the ceiling of our program.

- Ohio State has Will Howard. Some here inexplicably wanted Howard over Ward, but I digress.
- Alabama has Jalen Milroe (1st round potential with his physical tools if he keeps thriving with DeBoer).

OSU & Oregon are the outliers here as they're starting veterans from the portal who don't have an NFL future. Both programs have 5* QB's waiting in the wings (Sayin at OSU, Moore at Oregon) for next season.

If we land a whale out of the portal at QB for 2025 and Emory beats them out, then that's completely fair game. But to say or suggest "you gotta roll with Emory" and not even try to land a stud portal QB is utterly nonsensical.
It's like half the board is like "yeah scoring 50 per game is great but when do we get to go back to Pro Style with a JAG QB?"

Advertisement
Nussmeier - LSU I'd be all over as Transfer QB if he decides to stay in college. Loves how he throws receivers open his anticipation is **** near Flawless. He won me over after watching him down 17 to the Gamecocks his composure as he (and their freshman RB) orchestrated the comeback. South Carolina defense is the truth! We keep rolling next season with a QB like Nussie. I'll keep enjoying this season and update as the rest of the season unfolds.

Hon Ment: Miller Moss SoCal

Keeping my 👀 👀 👀 on Kurtis Rourke Indiana (transferred from Ohio), Brent Sorsby Cincinnati, Behren Morten Texas Tech & John Mateer Wazzou (accuracy & turnovers my only concern incredible athlete)

Maybe/Longshots Drew Allar - PSU Quinn Ewers Texas Kyle McCord - Syracuse

I like what I'm seeing from Evan Williams Hopefully he can gain a little more arm strength but he's cerebral you can tell im sure he's soaking up everything Cam is relaying to the QB room. I can see him doing the same to 25' Luke Nickel a stud and a proven winner & 26 Coleman another stud I had concern at first (no lie i dont pay much attention to freshman and sophomores) but he's been as advertised so far glad we got him.

Sounds like this kid is one to watch. We are trying to get him on campus and if that happens, all bets are off. Lets see if he shows up 10/26.

Where did you read this? He's he tentatively scheduled for the F$U game?

It’s like people learned nothing from FSU. The goal is to keep the momentum going lol.

We need more than Emory. And if Cam keeps doing this and gets close to the Heisman, we should be able to pick who we want.

Advertisement
IMG_7156.jpeg

I like this kid as one to watch with two to play potentially

Sorry, who said Emory Williams is a game manager? We've seen him throw 12 passes this year - he certainly didn't look like a game manager when he bombed one to Lofton.

He played well within himself last year as a rookie because he wasn't ready and was thrust into a starting role - he still lead us to a win over Clemson and scared the **** out of FSU before he broke his arm.

I don't know what he looks like in practice, but the fact Mario and Dawson are desperate to Redshirt him suggests he's in serious contention to start next season. He strikes me as an absolute dawg.

Nussmeier - LSU I'd be all over as Transfer QB if he decides to stay in college. Loves how he throws receivers open his anticipation is **** near Flawless. He won me over after watching him down 17 to the Gamecocks his composure as he (and their freshman RB) orchestrated the comeback. South Carolina defense is the truth! We keep rolling next season with a QB like Nussie. I'll keep enjoying this season and update as the rest of the season unfolds.

Hon Ment: Miller Moss SoCal

Keeping my 👀 👀 👀 on Kurtis Rourke Indiana (transferred from Ohio), Brent Sorsby Cincinnati, Behren Morten Texas Tech & John Mateer Wazzou (accuracy & turnovers my only concern incredible athlete)

Maybe/Longshots Drew Allar - PSU Quinn Ewers Texas Kyle McCord - Syracuse

I like what I'm seeing from Evan Williams Hopefully he can gain a little more arm strength but he's cerebral you can tell im sure he's soaking up everything Cam is relaying to the QB room. I can see him doing the same to 25' Luke Nickel a stud and a proven winner & 26 Coleman another stud I had concern at first (no lie i dont pay much attention to freshman and sophomores) but he's been as advertised so far glad we got him.
Mate, you're not pulling the starting QB from USC or LSU.

Advertisement
Sorry, who said Emory Williams is a game manager? We've seen him throw 12 passes this year - he certainly didn't look like a game manager when he bombed one to Lofton.

He played well within himself last year as a rookie because he wasn't ready and was thrust into a starting role - he still lead us to a win over Clemson and scared the **** out of FSU before he broke his arm.

I don't know what he looks like in practice, but the fact Mario and Dawson are desperate to Redshirt him suggests he's in serious contention to start next season. He strikes me as an absolute dawg.
Emory's ceiling is most likely Greg McElroy, a game manager. You don't have to watch practices to see that. He will be in contention for sure... he's no shoe-in to start next year. We'll be in the portal again until Nickel/Coleman develops and or they hit on a big-time recruit.

Advertisement
I’d be a big fan of this… of course I’m biased because I coached him in 7v7.
Oh man I’d LOVE to hear your perspective then

To me he’s got a big arm and he can run well. But it’s kinda hard to follow these guys around from stop to stop and really get an accurate picture

I remember him playing baseball and I have always thought highly of coaching at places like Indiana and Cincinnati

Mate, you're not pulling the starting QB from USC or LSU.

Why not when we'll have a championship roster on both sides of the ball in the ACC!

Cam keeps balling the way he does Peyton and Eli may tell Sark to F*** off, bubble wrap Archie, and ship him here as a one year rental before he goes to the league the way our line has been in pass pro ...(I kid I kid 👀)

Emory's ceiling is most likely Greg McElroy, a game manager. You don't have to watch practices to see that. He will be in contention for sure... he's no shoe-in to start next year. We'll be in the portal again until Nickel/Coleman develops and or they hit on a big-time recruit.
Agree with everything you said but his ceiling is definitely higher than McElroy.

Advertisement
Back