Feldman on Manny Navarro Podcast

Bro there is legitimately not enough con to the text in the world to justify a hire like this.

Didn’t say there was.

But you have to be able to think like others. Even if you can’t actually justify how they got there.

What I posted above is how idiots will rationalize the hire.

And to be fair, there’s a lot of people doing that with Candle as well. His numbers basically mirror Nuss’ during that time frame. But people are pretending like it would be a good hire.

Advertisement
Great interview with Feldman. Feldman was brutally honest and said a lot in the interview. Bottom line is you shouldn't have this much negativity around your coaching staff after one year. We knew last year was rebuild for the roster but it's becoming a rebuild for the staff now too. Sounds like the Guidry hire was an upgrade to Steele but the offense needs a complete revamp.
And he said that as someone who is a friend of Mario's.

Certainly some of it was excuse making for him (talent sucked, coaches fighting), but it didn't do him many favors overall.

Her name was actually just that. Lol

Z6dZ0.gif

Didn’t say there was.

But you have to be able to think like others. Even if you can’t actually justify how they got there.

And to be fair, there’s a lot of people doing that with Candle as well. His numbers basically mirror Nuss’ during that time frame. But people are pretending like it would be a good hire.
No, his numbers aren’t close to Nuss’s, whose offenses ranked in the 100s, consistently.

Toledo’s scoring offense since he became HC, were:

2022 46th 31.5 PPG
2021 27th 33.4PPG
2020 21st 35.0PPG
2019 75th 27.3PPG
2018 9th 40.4PPG
2017 16th 36.4PPG
2016 19th 38.0PPG

So 5 Top 30 scoring offenses in 7 years.

No, his numbers aren’t close to Nuss’s, whose offenses ranked in the 100s, consistently.

Candles, since he became HC, were:

Scoring offense Toledo

2022 46th 31.5 PPG
2021 27th 33.4PPG
2020 21st 35.0PPG
2019 75th 27.3PPG
2018 9th 40.4PPG
2017 16th 36.4PPG
2016 19th 38.0PPG

There's a whole lotta light between Puss and Candle.

Advertisement
The downside to it though is that OCs like that don’t stick around much. He would have to make sure installs the proper system.
agreed, Notre dames OC is going to Bama & he will run the current system. hopefully we get an OC who can combine elements of spread passing attacks as well as some air raid concepts .......

Advertisement

Candles, since he became HC, were:

Scoring offense Toledo

2022 46th 31.5 PPG
2021 27th 33.4PPG
2020 21st 35.0PPG
2019 75th 27.3PPG
2018 9th 40.4PPG
2017 16th 36.4PPG
2016 19th 38.0PPG

Toledo’s scoring offense since he became HC, were:

2022 46th 31.5 PPG
2021 27th 33.4PPG
2020 21st 35.0PPG
2019 75th 27.3PPG
2018 9th 40.4PPG
2017 16th 36.4PPG
2016 19th 38.0PPG

Yes, if you ignore things like strength of schedule played, pace of play, etc.

F+ Rankings:

2014:

Michigan: 81
Toledo: 27

2015:

UF: 78
Toledo: 47

2016:

UF: 81
Toledo: 13

2017:

Toledo: 37
UF: 71

The numbers were heavy in favor of Candle until 2017. But then Candle went the way of Nuss.

2018: 39
2019: 91
2020: 39
2021: 76
2022: 80

So in the last 5 years, he’s got 3 Nuss level offenses. Without any built in talent level excuse.

Didn’t say there was.

Bro; there is literally no comparison between the two. Lol. Like AT ALL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Except for the comparable offensive rankings I cited, you’re right.

R u talking F+? B/c per the NCAA stats, which is all I really care about, it’s not remotely comparable.

I’m not saying I even want Candle here, b/c I don’t, & it literally doesn’t make any sense. I think there’s better guys out there; but, w/ that being said, these nerds trying to incorporate themselves into sports by coming up w/ non tangible matrices to get an output is what’s wrong. Have Toledo put up points or nah? Have Toledo put up yards or nah? If the answer is yes, then what r we talking about?

No offense to u, but miss me w/ the nerd chit in sports.

R u talking F+? B/c per the NCAA stats, which is all I really care about, it’s not remotely comparable.

I’m not saying I even want Candle here, b/c it literally doesn’t make any sense & I think there’s better guys out there, but these nerds trying to incorporate themselves into sports by coming up w/ non tangible matrices to get an output is what’s wrong. Have Toledo put up points or nah? Have Toledo put up yards or nah? If the answer is yes, then what r we talking about?

And you miss me with the type of stats that the people that believe in I-Formation football and playing for field position, cite.

I think anybody that says, “I don’t care that they played collectively the worst defenses in college football, that shouldn’t be accounted for when looking at stats,” has no idea what they are talking about, and isn’t really worth listening to.

Which I guess is why you’re responding to me, and I’m not quoting your raw number posts to respond to them. To each his own.

And you miss me with the type of stats that the people that believe in I-Formation football and playing for field position, cite.

I think anybody that says, “I don’t care that they played collectively the worst defenses in college football, that shouldn’t be accounted for when looking at stats,” has no idea what they are talking about, and isn’t really worth listening to.

Which I guess is why you’re responding to me, and I’m not quoting your raw number posts to respond to them. To each his own.

Bro, u do u. & for the record, u initially chose to respond to me, but let’s not let F+ facts get in the way w/ that.

I’m not saying I even want Candle here, b/c I don’t, & it literally doesn’t make any sense. I think there’s better guys out there; but, w/ that being said, these nerds trying to incorporate themselves into sports by coming up w/ non tangible matrices to get an output is what’s wrong. Have Toledo put up points or nah? Have Toledo put up yards or nah? If the answer is yes, then what r we talking about?

My man don’t bother with his guy. He’s 100% made up his mind and will not listen to any other factors.

He probably has just in the last few days, dozens of posts saying either Candle sucks, is terrible, many like that. He’s 100% made up his mind to the point where he makes invalid comparisons, and uses only F+ stats and ignoring total offense. Why? I don’t know. I mean, I’m not ecstatic about Candle myself, but I can objectively see at least some positive attributes.

I don’t have a problem with people not being excited, or being against this particular OC hire, people that I respect aren’t crazy about this guy. But this is more of an obsession than it is an actual philosophical disagreement with his approach, which some people I respect have.

Advertisement
Back