Feldman on Manny Navarro Podcast

Advertisement
What in god's sweet nectar of a name makes you think Ed O wants to be a 75 hour a week position coach at the University of Miami?

Dude is knee deep in vodka Red Bulls, blown wake up calls, and tang.
I love that peeps think anyone and everyone wants some position coaching job in coral Gables. Ed wouldn’t take a head coach job here.

His offenses probably aren’t as bad when you adjust for strength of schedule, but are still pretty bad.

I think people try to make excuses for him based on the context.

Brady Hoke was at the end of his run and the team was in collapse.

Muschamp was at the end of his and hated offense.

And then McElwain was left with the horrible recruiting that Muschamp did on offense, with guys like Trent Harris and Del Rio’s son starting at QB.

And so unfortunately, people that make offense too complicated, can talk themselves into mental knots justifying why Nuss would actually be a good hire.

Bro there is legitimately not enough con to the text in the world to justify a hire like this.

Advertisement
Breh.... went through that **** about 10yrs ago. Errytime I thought about kickin her *** to the curb, I would be talking to myself like, "Man that muhfucca beautiful! Look at that ***, mane! Where you gon get another one like dat?" Toxic relationship! Bih had me **** near changing who I was. I had to leave her ***, just for my sanity. I had to learn, "That piece of *** wasn't worth my PEACE of mind!"

PREACH!!!

Feldman is going to talk about what Mario wants him to talk about. Felman is his boy and if Mario wants him to say something, he will say it. I'm less concerned about Nuss now that he spoke openly to Navarro about it.

Advertisement
Give Ed O the DT room, recruiting problem immediately solved.

I want to keep Wright, the DE’s played well last year IMO given what we had there. Some discipline issues as far as keeping containment stands out but overall I don’t know how much better these guys could have played.

Harvey - High effort guy, but he’s a JAG.
Agude - See above, average to slightly above average run defender and below average pass rusher. UDFA
Mesidor - Would have been drafted had he left THIS year and was our best player on Defense last year and arguably best on team.
Kelly - True freshman primarily playing situational snaps.

We upgraded the room as well, giving him more pieces to work with.

You think Ed O wants to put in that work?

really seems to be the trend in Pro & college with hiring HC's who have offensive background. Wonder why Mario won't hire a stud OC and turn over the keys ??? heck if Saban can do it Mario should as well.........look at Oregon, Lanning turned over the keys and Dillingham took over and totally remade B.Nix.....
The downside to it though is that OCs like that don’t stick around much. He would have to make sure installs the proper system.

Attachments

• AC186E49-6BA9-4C30-9B0F-325A513C8D36.jpeg
    AC186E49-6BA9-4C30-9B0F-325A513C8D36.jpeg
    984 KB · Views: 91
Advertisement
Coach O is collecting all the way through 2025 for doing nothing. I'm sure he has no interest getting back into the game especially at age 61.

Advertisement
Great interview with Feldman. Feldman was brutally honest and said a lot in the interview. Bottom line is you shouldn't have this much negativity around your coaching staff after one year. We knew last year was rebuild for the roster but it's becoming a rebuild for the staff now too. Sounds like the Guidry hire was an upgrade to Steele but the offense needs a complete revamp.

Advertisement
Back