Feldman on Manny Navarro Podcast

Bruce seemed to want to absolve gattis for responsibility due to the mess things were around him. Frankly I thinks a bridge too far.

Advertisement
IMO you have to get rid of Joe. Dude can't recruit. Never has and never will. I was down for elite prospect day and met him and I can see why. Good dude but man he can't relate through the cultural difference. Even with me at 30. Hard to talk to.

Give Wright the full DL room or make him DL coach and Jason Taylor DEs coach if he's up for it. If not, plenty of good options out there for either path, leave Wright at DEs and hire the other spot or vice versa. Lots of options even beyond Partridge, Orgeron, Kevin Patrick, etc. names that will get mentioned.

Also, don't see how the dynamic works out with Addae and Guidry being a DB guy. Addae clashed with a room full of DB coaches at Georgia with Smart and Muschamp. Those DB guys are particular and he's probably gonna want his DBs coached a specific way - especially with what I've heard about his defense being DB centric and goes as far as the DBs play allows.
Man if we get rid of Salave’a… we better still be able to get the Polynesian kids.

The point is: some are cheering for Ed O to be the next DC for the Canes. My counter is that Ed is not an experienced DC and therefor not a good choice for us.

As to HC’s, no I don’t think that being a prior coordinator is essential for success as the top guy.
Ahh. Got it. I agree, I don’t think Coach O would be my choice for DC either. DL? Sure, but I doubt he’d be interested in being a position coach. Not at his age and this stage of his career. Besides, his L$U buyout was $17M, rignt? Something like that. The man never needs to work again.

If he wants to stay around CFB I’d have no issue with him as an analyst or consultant with the Canes.

Can’t agree. Wiki confirms that Monte Kiffin was the DC at USC while Lane was the HC. Ed was certainly the top recruiter and held the title of Recruiting Coordinator.
View attachment 229211

Some ppl r, again, incessant on being right. Listen, there’s very little things I’ll go back & forth on especially when I was at the scene. There’s a reason y Monte’s official title was AHC, but u can continue to argue w/ urself on this one my guy, although there’s about 5 players who played for USC would laugh in ur face. Carry on.

Was always weird how Joe was openly known as worst recruiter in pac 12 and MC still bought him along..

I know a former college coach who knows Salave'a well. He shared with me that Joe is an enforcer-type there to deal with your most hardened kids; the ones who could be a problem if they don’t have someone laying down the smack on them.

There are enough coaches here who can recruit. When you have a tough-guy who can earn their respect and keep some of the Nate Webster and Willie Williams types in check, Salave'a is that guy.

Advertisement
I know a former college coach who knows Salave'a well. He shared with me that Joe is an enforcer-type there to deal with your most hardened kids; the ones who could be a problem if they don’t have someone laying down the smack on them.

There are enough coaches here who can recruit. When you have a tough-guy who can earn their respect and keep some of the Nate Webster and Willie Williams types in check, Salave'a is that guy.
that's obvious and just for that he is an asset

Nate was 10X crazier than WW....

Yeaaaah, can’t argue w/ that. I think the Broyles Award blinded him to the red flags, like a girl with a pretty face, & a big *** will blind a man to dismiss how f’ing crazy she is (true story, life experience)

Yeah. Big ta-ta's properly displayed can be a real distraction.

Worse, when you try to do the right thing and look into her heart - there's those big ta-ta's right there in the way.

That Broyles Award was supposed to be indicative of accomplishment . . . another aberration demonstrating the shallowness of supposed qualifying criteria.

Gattis sure took the shine off that award.

Advertisement
Back