FBI Uncovers Massive NCAA Scandal, Miami Coach Investigated

Advertisement
Advertisement
Him being Coach 3 is great news IMO. I don't know the assistant coaches enough to know if they would pull some shady stuff. No way Coach L was discussing a payment with an Adidas rep on the phone.

Advertisement
I think it's looking like this will resolve favorably for us. Hopefully this wraps up fast. It would take a miracle to salvage this recruiting class.

What the ****?!

Did you actually read the article?

Yes.

Larranaga is done if the FBI and Justice Department force him to testify.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
What the ****?!

Yes.

tenor.gif

You honestly think he's innocent?

C'mon.

I do think he's innocent. If he was guilty he would have resigned already because the gig would be up after his emails and phone records were given to the feds. Secondly, your post about him being "forced to testify" makes no sense whatsoever for so many reasons I don't even know where to begin.

What the ****?!

Yes.

tenor.gif

C'mon.

Either that or he's been a **** of an actor over a decades long coaching career. I'm somewhat concerned by him being "Coach 3" also, but it would be extraordinarily out of character if he did in fact do what is alleged.

I'd also point out that our reaction with Coach L has been markedly different than Louisville with Pitino. Obviously, the university is not yet concerned enough to have taken any action.

Yes.

tenor.gif

C'mon.

I do think he's innocent. If he was guilty he would have resigned already because the gig would be up after his emails and phone records were given to the feds. Secondly, your post about him being "forced to testify" makes no sense whatsoever for so many reasons I don't even know where to begin.

If he is called to testify under oath he'll be asked if he's ever directed money to be funneled to players.

What do you think his answer, under the risk of perjury, will be?

Advertisement
Yes.

tenor.gif

C'mon.

If he is called to testify under oath he'll be asked if he's ever directed money to be funneled to players.

Called to testify by whom under what circumstances? If he's charged with a crime? I think we can all agree that if Coach L is indicted for a federal crime, he will no longer be coaching here. That would be long before anybody would call on him to testify, which they wouldn't do, because there wouldn't be a trial, and even if there was a trial, a defendant cannot be compelled to testify.

C'mon.

Called to testify by whom under what circumstances? If he's charged with a crime? I think we can all agree that if Coach L is indicted for a federal crime, he will no longer be coaching here. That would be long before anybody would call on him to testify, which they wouldn't do, because there wouldn't be a trial, and even if there was a trial, a defendant cannot be compelled to testify.

By either the Justice Department or defense attorneys as a witness in the current case.

This will drag out for a long time. I HOPE there's a quick resolution but would not be surprised if this inquiry lasts for many more months. In the meantime, a not-so-young Coach L goes through the continuing mental anguish he is experiencing as well the negative impact on recruiting. .

He mentioned in his statement today that he has already spoken with federal investigators (to whom it is a crime to lie) and "answered all of their questions." One would think given his continued employment and the public stance of both he and his lawyers that none of those answers admitted to wrongddoing.

Advertisement
Back