FBI Uncovers Massive NCAA Scandal, Miami Coach Investigated

If he is called to testify under oath he'll be asked if he's ever directed money to be funneled to players.

What do you think his answer, under the risk of perjury, will be?

He mentioned in his statement today that he has already spoken with federal investigators (to whom it is a crime to lie) and "answered all of their questions." One would think given his continued employment and the public stance of both he and his lawyers that none of those answers admitted to wrongddoing.

I think this is a very fair assumption to make.

Advertisement
What the ****?!

Did you actually read the article?

Yes.

Larranaga is done if the FBI and Justice Department force him to testify.

tenor.gif

You honestly think he's innocent?

C'mon.

You are insufferable

Yes, if you knew anything about him you would be completely shocked if he was involved. Then again you're a complete douchebag and F'ing idiot so I'm not surprised. Stay over on the football board and stay off of here.

What the ****?!

Yes.

tenor.gif

C'mon.

Yes, if you knew anything about him you would be completely shocked if he was involved. Then again you're a complete douchebag and F'ing idiot so I'm not surprised. Stay over on the football board and stay off of here.

Yes.

tenor.gif

C'mon.

If it was up to you Morris would coach our baseball team for another ten years and Al would still be coaching our football team.

Advertisement

Actually, this is prob one of the best things that could have happened. Lays accusation squarely on Father Larranega's shoulders and there is no way that divine saint is involved. FBIs just fishing at this point. Execs straight up fibbing on tape.

What I would love to see is coach L and Little exonerated and then Little committing to Miami. Now that would be sweet justice.

Last edited:
My thoughts. The fact there is a Grand Jury examining evidence is good in that the process towards some conclusion is moving forward. Given that L has already been questioned and turned over all his records, texts etc... and his lawyer has publicly stated they don't expect anyone from UM to be indicted is really all I need to know at this point. L's lawyer isn't going to put his client's **** on public display like that unless he had a high degree of certainty. I am sure they also know a lot more about the details of this case than we do. At this point all that has been publicly released is hearsay between adidas people and someone with an agenda to drive athletes to certain agents when they turn pro. Note that there doesn't appear to be any conversation on tape of L asking adidas to pay someone off to come to Miami. There is conversation saying "Coach-3" knows everything. Has it occured to anyone that maybe they told L that Nike was going to pay Little to go to Arizona, therefore he knew everything?

Now, I can see two things going down. Gatto (the adidas exec) could say under oath that L pushed for them to match it or he can say it was just conversation meant to inform Coach L. One of which would be a lie, one would be the truth.

Given L's sterling reputation over his multi-decade career and his ability to WIN WITHOUT HIGHLY RATED RECRUITS why would he all of a sudden decide "I'm going to risk my legacy and start breaking the rules" which makes no sense for a man likely within 4-5 years of RETIREMENT! I have heard from several people that L is highly abhorrent to recruits(or family of) who he has heard are asking for "extras" and frequently asks his staff what they've heard on the recruiting trail. Everyone will say "see that's how he's landed Walker and Brown, they must have gotten paid." I've heard just the opposite but it's hard to fight perception and this will be the toughest rebuilding task of L's career IMO.

I hate how this news came right before what might be our best season ever.

Terrible timing; big distraction; recruiting hit.

Advertisement
Indictments expected next week. Of course, lack of indictment does not necessarily equate to absence of NCAA violations. Still....

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/source-indictments-expected-next-week-college-hoops-scandal-184948225.html

Six weeks later, and there is still nothing on Coach 3.

"The men expected to be indicted are: Chuck Person (Auburn); Emanuel “Book” Richardson (Arizona); Lamont Evans (Oklahoma State); Tony Bland (USC); James Gatto (Adidas executive)’ Merl Code (Adidas executive); Christian Dawkins (former employee of agency that represents NBA players); Munish Sood (financial adviser); Jonathan Brad Augustine (Florida-based AAU coach); and Rashan Michel (former NBA referee and current custom-suit salesman).'

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hope Coach L is fine however
- reminds me of a few years ago when some punk in prison was saying he paid football players
- everyone said no way - he is prison

Nevin set us back 5 years - thankfully the NCAA was more crooked than NS

Advertisement
Back