Elite Prospect Weekend is here!

Hopefully Mario makes the most of the opportunity but if you think the majority of these OOS kids aren't here b/c of the tournament then you are the dummy.
I know there’s that big 7 v 7. To me it’s a good move by Mario to take advantage of that. He’s still gotten way more top talent than Manny would have. Like you said, hopefully some of this converts well but it’s smart regardless.

Advertisement
He got them here and now it’s time to execute and showcase the school. We have had only 2 guys that could execute in the last 20 years and that was Richt who was burnt out and Mario who is ready to take the next step.

Well if u from up north u used to the cold. Down south not so much. I don't particularly mind the temperature, its the fact its always so dark and gloomy that gets me. Dabo, Saban and Kirby all scrambling across Florida telling kids don't like Miami too much. They know whats up
That’s what got me in college. The gloominess. Being from Miami and going to Meechigan was depressing. Literally. So I transferred after 1 year. ✌🏾

How does Mario do these events? Very personally.

From Canesport:

The Michigan-based Sound Body 7 on 7 team visited Miami’s campus today.

The group, which is in the area for the Miami Battle tournament that starts tomorrow morning, arrived at 1:30 p.m. and departed at 4 p.m.
The group included two 18-U teams there, two 15-u teams a 14-u team and a 10-u team. In total more than 80 kids.

They got a personal tour of campus from head coach Mario Cristobal, who was joined by David Cooney. Cristobal met the group outside when they first arrived as well.

The day included the tour of campus, a tour of the facilities and pictures.

CB Te’Cory Couch also spoke with the prospects. Couch talked about the competition within the team and what a great opportunity that is.

The group seemed to enjoy their time on campus; several of the are hoping for offers from the Canes-

Advertisement
I literally do not understand what’s going on. Not to be a Debby downer but we have 10 five stars on campus without a multiple positional coaches and without coordinators on both sides of the ball?? I mean good stuff Mario, but come on.
2023, man. If we still have not filled the staff by then panic. But that is just a rhetorical suggestion. I am sure the OC and DC will be hired then.

I know there’s that big 7 v 7. To me it’s a good move by Mario to take advantage of that. He’s still gotten way more top talent than Manny would have. Like you said, hopefully some of this converts well but it’s smart regardless.
And it's about building relationships as coaches and kids beyond the 23 class are attending...

Advertisement
How does Mario do these events? Very personally.

From Canesport:

The Michigan-based Sound Body 7 on 7 team visited Miami’s campus today.

The group, which is in the area for the Miami Battle tournament that starts tomorrow morning, arrived at 1:30 p.m. and departed at 4 p.m.
The group included two 18-U teams there, two 15-u teams a 14-u team and a 10-u team. In total more than 80 kids.

They got a personal tour of campus from head coach Mario Cristobal, who was joined by David Cooney. Cristobal met the group outside when they first arrived as well.

The day included the tour of campus, a tour of the facilities and pictures.

CB Te’Cory Couch also spoke with the prospects. Couch talked about the competition within the team and what a great opportunity that is.

The group seemed to enjoy their time on campus; several of the are hoping for offers from the Canes-
Meanwhile prospects had never talked to Manny Diaz before. Men compared to boys

Advertisement
Advertisement
About 4 star corner Aaron Williams:

He sounds very high on Mario Cristobal. He says he was the first coach to offer him as an 8th grader. Claims Miami will be in his top 3 and that it will be a school he was strongly consider. He will be back in the morning before playing in the Battle Miami tournament.

About 4 star corner Aaron Williams:

He sounds very high on Mario Cristobal. He says he was the first coach to offer him as an 8th grader. Claims Miami will be in his top 3 and that it will be a school he was strongly consider. He will be back in the morning before playing in the Battle Miami tournament.
Christian Bale Swag GIF

Per Gaby:
I’ve heard there’s a guy who wanted to commit but they want him to go back home and think about it before making that decision.

Which makes me curious of Mario's commitment requirements and visitation rules. Anybody know what he has done in the past?

Advertisement
Back