Elite Prospect Weekend is here!

Growing up in Michigan, and coming back for winter term classes at UM, there were numerous days I walked out of Mahoney and literally said the following thing, out loud, 'this is the most beautiful day I have ever seen'.
I went from driving up Broad St in Philly, crashing my Jeep in a winter snow storm to driving back to my apartment down Bird Rd to SW 37th laughing at the weather and smiling like a little kid…

Advertisement
Hopefully Mario makes the most of the opportunity but if you think the majority of these OOS kids aren't here b/c of the tournament then you are the dummy.
Did they have that tournament in Miami last year or is this the first year?

Growing up in Michigan, and coming back for winter term classes at UM, there were numerous days I walked out of Mahoney and literally said the following thing, out loud, 'this is the most beautiful day I have ever seen'.
Yeah, that never got old.

Advertisement
Owens looks like a good player, but I need someone who knows Texas football to tell me about that comp. At 5-11 190 he isn't even a plus size back and he is running by some seemingly very small competition. Is his school private or rural?

Advertisement
Or one of the Killian kids. I don’t think getting a commitment this early from Wayne would be a good thing.
I believe Gaby would have worded that passage differently if it was a local kid. Wayne already had a good prior relationship with Mario and Salave’a so I think he would stick. It’s best to not force it as distance is a big factor here

I believe Gaby would have worded that passage differently if it was a local kid. Wayne already had a good prior relationship with Mario and Salave’a so I think he would stick. It’s best to not force it as distance is a big factor here

Mario might of just wanted him to not make a harsh decision without his parents and told him to talk to them,make sure and then commit.

Cuts down on decommits.Late decommits can really fck up a recruiting class…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yo real talk that kid might be the best player in the country. Unreal skill he always fools the tacklers and even when guys are gaining on him he just has that extra gear. Disgusting

Wow, straight up filthy. He doesn't even look like he's running fast and he just blows by people. The pad level when he makes contact and that balance. **** good blocking on that team upfront, but he makes them look better. He leaves no margin for error, what a back.

At the high school level, that's what a future Heisman and NFL Pro looks like. Easily in my top 10 runners I've seen highlights of.

Last edited:
Mario might of just wanted him to not make a harsh decision without his parents and told him to talk to them,make sure and then commit.

Cuts down on decommits.Late decommits can really fck up a recruiting class…
I agree with you! I think Mario is handling that correctly but I thought I read somewhere (forgot where) on here that Wayne’s family joined him for the trip.

Put your pants back on .... most of these OOS kids are here with their 7v7 teams for the Battle Championships so the arey typically sponsored and a) aren't paying for **** and b) already in Miami for the tourney.

This is true. Battle is a huge sponsor in youth sports which hosts a ton of events all over the country. Mario doesn’t get credit for getting them here, but he does get credit for planing this event to coincide with Battle 7v7. I would also recommend he starts to plan events around Battle Youth National Championship that takes place in December. Great way to bring brand awareness early for kids.

Updated list per 247 (missing Iamaleava 5 star QB and some of the more recent kids to mention coming but has most of the key kids) :

5-star CB Cormani McClain

5-star QB Dante Moore

5-star DL Jayden Wayne

5-star WR Brandon Inniss

5-star EDGE Malik Bryant

5-star RB Richard Young

5-star WR Jalen Brown

5-star ATH Samuel M'Pemba

5-star OL Francis Mauigoa

5-star RB Rueben Owens

Top247 DL Rueben Bain

Top247 DL Derrick LeBlanc