Elite 8 - The U vs Kansas

Sorry….no time for that. Have a Final Four to attend. Actually, since you don’t have anything to do this weekend why don’t you go **** yourself. Enjoy that b*tch slap today? Thought so.

So sad that this is the best use of your most precious resource in life (time). Buh-bye.

OTOH - so proud of the team and staff. This was a year of extraordinary overachievement that is legitimately program-changing.

Advertisement
Sorry….no time for that. Have a Final Four to attend. Actually, since you don’t have anything to do this weekend why don’t you go **** yourself. Enjoy that b*tch slap today? Thought so.
8E29972E-DD14-41E4-B199-CC88ABB1D3A7.gif

But you still have to live in Kansas. I visited there once. Tell your wife I said hey.

So sad that this is the best use of your most precious resource in life (time). Buh-bye.

OTOH - so proud of the team and staff. This was a year of extraordinary overachievement that is legitimately program-changing.
They literally have one of the worst athletic department in Division. Men's Basketball and Women's Volleyball. It's not even a great academic institution.

Advertisement
What a loser you have to be to come troll an opposing teams board after a win that gets you to the F4. There is no way if I had the cheat that Bill Self is running my program, I’d have the guts to go to another teams board and tell them that something about their program was “what was wrong with college basketball”.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: We have some of the worst "Fans" in college sports. The fact that we have so called Miami Hurricane fans that break down their fandom by sport is a joke.

We all know that on paper, KU was the superior team, and odds are they would have won this game even if it had been called fairly. That said, it was obvious from **** near jump that the fix was in. The only reason Miami had a lead at half was because KU was trash from the FT line. The way they were calling fouls against Miami, they wanted to foul out Sam and Miller early, and get into our bench. They accomplished that and that's when the rout started. That said, this has been a **** of a ride for us that have been here the entire time and it's been great talking hoops with the people on this board.
Could not disagree more about a "fix" or laying the loss on the refs. That's a loser approach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I really believed if our3’s would have fell like KS we would have been tight ther for fantastic finish.

Last edited:
Could not disagree more about a "fix" or laying the loss on the refs. That's a loser approach.
We might have lost, but that game was one sided, how many free throws were shot ( last time I looked it was 26 for Kansas and counting), the 3 second rule is non existent, and all the foul calls have an effect on the players aggressiveness, and flow. In spite of that, that second half was puzzling in many ways, especially on offense, it looked like we reverted back to our old dribble, two man game >

We might have lost, but that game was one sided, how many free throws were shot ( last time I looked it was 26 for Kansas and counting), the 3 second rule is non existent, and all the foul calls have an effect on the players aggressiveness, and flow. In spite of that, that second half was puzzling in many ways, especially on offense, it looked like we reverted back to our old dribble, two man game >
I’m not going to say it’s why we lost, nor is anyone else that I can tell. BUT, to ignore the way that game was officiated from the opening tip, and it’s benefit to Kansas, is being disingenuous. 2 of our best players sat the last 10 minutes of the first half. And as many have pointed out, part of the reason our scramble is so effective is due to our “handsy” approach on the traps. That got nullified early, rendering that style of defense, useless. It was going to be an enormous task to take Kansas down, regardless. But, the feat became impossible once we weren’t allowed to play the style of defense that got us to the E8 to begin with.

Advertisement
I’m not going to say it’s why we lost, nor is anyone else that I can tell. BUT, to ignore the way that game was officiated from the opening tip, and it’s benefit to Kansas, is being disingenuous. 2 of our best players sat the last 10 minutes of the first half. And as many have pointed out, part of the reason our scramble is so effective is due to our “handsy” approach on the traps. That got nullified early, rendering that style of defense, useless. It was going to be an enormous task to take Kansas down, regardless. But, the feat became impossible once we weren’t allowed to play the style of defense that got us to the E8 to begin with.
To me it was the difference in calls and no calls. What they got away with was far worse than the piddly crap we got called for. It was extremely one sided. Kansas shouldn't have needed any help to beat us, but they **** sure got it. Yes, our team lacked depth, and that is exactly why the bad calls hurt us so much. There's no way anyone will ever convince me that was a reasonably called game, and that is all this fan wants.

agree and 2 top performers on a team with limited depth is a recipe for a disaster : neither of the two kids coming off the bench are scoring dynamos: actually they are a hindrance since neither is a stand down shooter, which allowed Kansas to dropped and help: Again Kansas is good, no doubt, but don't kid yourself officiating ( which I think today is horrible) can dictate what goes on in a game. Let's not kid ourselves, the name on the jersey has a lot to do on how games are called.

Tournament play you MUSt hit THREES , we didn’t in second half.

We hit those threes way different game no matter how big they are you make it rain on them they’ll duck for cover.

Advertisement
Not having a good bench hurt the Canes as much if not more than anything else.
Definitely hurt when guys got in foul trouble. I was pretty stunned we had a lead at the half without Charlie and Jordan playing most of the half. Thought we were in good shape, really should have been up more at the half. Kansas played a bad 1st half other than hitting the offensive glass. They settled for a bunch of jumpers in the 1st half, missed almost every free throw, and they are much better when they attack. But oh well, it is over, was a heck of a run. Hate we laid an egg in the 2nd half but most fun I have had in March in a long time. I am not one of these fans that is content however, I want us in this position every year. I became a Miami fan from basketball so it is my first love polar opposite to most Cane fans. K and Roy out of the conference, now is the time to elevate our status.

We couldn’t match up physically or depth then you make it rain 3’s .

We threw them up and clunk dry spell lost the game.

3’s are the only equalizer we had and couldn’t.

To me it was the difference in calls and no calls. What they got away with was far worse than the piddly crap we got called for. It was extremely one sided. Kansas shouldn't have needed any help to beat us, but they **** sure got it. Yes, our team lacked depth, and that is exactly why the bad calls hurt us so much. There's no way anyone will ever convince me that was a reasonably called game, and that is all this fan wants.

This. Just exactly this.

Worst part is that Roger Ayers pretends to be buddies with the Miami staff.

That guy is the biggest fraud of all the frauds.

Very true, our last two games were 2 of about 4 games I saw called so tight. Odd indeed.

Advertisement
Back