Elite 8 - The U vs Kansas

Advertisement
Advertisement
UM is losing to a better, deeper and bigger team with a very good coach. Nothing to be ashamed of no matter how disappointed we are.
Nothing you said here is wrong...Kansas is the #3 team in the country for a reason. The disappointment comes from us not playing smart and players not showing up. It was going to be a heck of an accomplishment for us to win this game, but we did not help ourselves at all. In totality, this was a good season with a crappy ending.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Think KU wins it all? Until today, I though possibly but with their free throws and cold streaks, not as sure. Granted, an almost perfect adjustment in second half but some issues for sure.
No. What you saw today was Miami running out of gas. That Providence game, this first half and that early second half run was who they are. They don’t put teams away. They’ll let someone hand around and find a way to lose. Unfortunately it might not be Nova, with Moore being done for the year.

Advertisement
I don't mind losing to the better team, at all. What I do mind is the better team getting preferential treatment, making it **** near impossible to beat that better team. All I ever want in sporting events is fairness. If the better team beats my team fair and square, that's fine. If they get every big call under the sun, and call two different games for two teams, it's complete BS. Kansas shouldn't have needed those BS calls to help pull away. They probably didn't need them, but ****, the NCAA sure wanted Kansas in the final 4, and it showed today. We got some bad calls in the first half, but the first 10 minutes of the second half was one mugging after another, one ticky tack foul after another on us. That gets in player's heads, and it put our players on the bench.

There's a reason I stopped watching most college basketball, and today was a **** good reminder. When they want the "better" team to win, the better team will win. Then they can all say the better team won, and no one thinks anything of it. If Miami was ragdolling Kansas all over the court and nothing was getting called, it might get some attention. When it happens to a 10 seed, it's just the better team winning.

Advertisement
Back