2024 Elijah Rushing 5* #1 Edge (Commits to Zona then flips to Oregon)

Advertisement
And based on my comment you should know what my answer was. Better HC/Position coach/Recruiter. Would be a worse coordinator.
Sticker Laugh GIF by Kiszkiloszki

Advertisement
For the record who is the better coach,

Lanning or Mario?
Depends what you want out of your HEAD COACH. A great head coach is a leader of men who DELEGATES authority throughout and puts the proper people in the proper positions. Dan Lanning has done ABSOLUTELY ZERO AS A HEAD COACH worth talking about when it relates to results. Mario has... Ideally Mario still has room to improve with delegating (where he has shown some improvement we'd all just like more) & lanning has room to improve by actually doing anything at all of substance to justify the Miami hurricane fanbase sucking him off so willingly... If people wanna throw in the coordinator thing than it's important to notice he was a CO coordinator at UGA. I personally have this conversation with you guys on a regular and I acknowledge constantly the strengths and weaknesses Mario brings to the table. Right now those strengths are without question EVERYTHING this program needs. You guys simply wanna move the needle weekly on him. But what else can be expected out of a fanbase that's clearly thrived on delusion for the last 20 years... Might as well keep up the trend.

Depends what you want out of your HEAD COACH. A great head coach is a leader of men who DELEGATES authority throughout and puts the proper people in the proper positions. Dan Lanning has done ABSOLUTELY ZERO AS A HEAD COACH worth talking about when it relates to results. Mario has... Ideally Mario still has room to improve with delegating (where he has shown some improvement we'd all just like more) & lanning has room to improve by actually doing anything at all of substance to justify the Miami hurricane fanbase sucking him off so willingly... If people wanna throw in the coordinator thing than it's important to notice he was a CO coordinator at UGA. I personally have this conversation with you guys on a regular and I acknowledge constantly the strengths and weaknesses Mario brings to the table. Right now those strengths are without question EVERYTHING this program needs. You guys simply wanna move the needle weekly on him. But what else can be expected out of a fanbase that's clearly thrived on delusion for the last 20 years... Might as well keep up the trend.
This is an absolutely asinine statement. It’s hard to take you seriously anymore after you were adamant that Mario was a better coach than Kirby Smart. You have an emotional connection so I get it, I don’t blame you. You’re tied to this program and to him deeper then any of us, so it hurts to see the truth.

You’re painting me out to be some villain, but dude…how can ANYONE say Mario Cristobal is a good gameday coach???

You want me to look past Middle Tennessee St, Georgia Tech and UVA? Lanning just destroyed Utah and their ridiculous home winning streak like it was nothing. They’re a college football playoff contender. He’s a good coach. Especially defensively.

And Lanning didn’t have to do an entire culture reset like Mario had to /has to do here. The situations walking in for Lanning at UO and Mario here couldn’t be more different.
@WeBallinBoyz does you laughing at his comment mean you disagree? Cause can't help but notice you constantly have something to laugh about. Meanwhile if you disagree all I'm gonna do from here on out is laugh at your lack of awareness. It's night and day. You can have whatever issues you want with Mario as a coach. But don't be a ****** jackaloon and say and do dumb **** just to try to support your constant narrative.

Advertisement
@WeBallinBoyz does you laughing at his comment mean you disagree? Cause can't help but notice you constantly have something to laugh about. Meanwhile if you disagree all I'm gonna do from here on out is laugh at your lack of awareness. It's night and day. You can have whatever issues you want with Mario as a coach. But don't be a ****** jackaloon and say and do dumb **** just to try to support your constant narrative.
🤣

I don’t think lanning vs Mario should be a real debate until lanning gets something behind his name. But with that being said Mario does have something behind his name and it’s okay to point out how flawed he is. As long as you acknowledge the good too. I personally have always thought he was overrated. But people rated him almost a top 10 HC. I think he’s closer to 20 ish for me

This is an absolutely asinine statement. It’s hard to take you seriously anymore after you were adamant that Mario was a better coach than Kirby Smart. You have an emotional connection so I get it, I don’t blame you. You’re tied to this program and to him deeper then any of us, so it hurts to see the truth.

You’re painting me out to be some villain, but dude…how can ANYONE say Mario Cristobal is a good gameday coach???
Who's said Mario is a good game day coach? You're a blatant ****** liar if you're saying I've ever said Mario is a good game day coach. Matter of fact I've flat out said over and over how similar he is to Butch in that game day coaching is his biggest flaw.

But game day coaching ISN'T ANYWHERE NEAR THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITY OF A HEAD COACH atleast if he's done his job and hired the right people. A head coach on GameDay sits back and watches his staff and players work. If you just wanna constantly lie about anything I have to say then do u. Atleast I know that's ur intent now I suppose. Fire away.

I don’t think lanning vs Mario should be a real debate until lanning gets something behind his name. But with that being said Mario does have something behind his name and it’s okay to point out how flawed he is. As long as you acknowledge the good too. I personally have always thought he was overrated. But people rated him almost a top 10 HC. I think he’s closer to 20 ish for me
That's fair as it acknowledges good and bad and states your opinion.

Advertisement
At the beginning of the year we had all the Lincoln Riley fans on here…Mario is doing it wrong, Riley is doing it the right way….them gone now though😂

Last edited:
For me i get frustrated because of how good i think he COULD be. If he let OCs really do their thing (I assume he meddles a lot, i could be wrong but don't think it's likely) and just focused on recruiting, culture, and building a monster O-line, he'd be much better imo. If he just ran an exciting offense his recruiting would be crazy.

Advertisement
For our situation Id say he’s making how much he is worth. His strengths match what we need. And I think he’s made two good Coordinator hires that will be here another 2 years or so, that as long as he gets the QB that Dawson can use, and he continues to let Dawson have control, then we will be very good. Like I’m not worried king-term about OL/RB/TE. WR right now isn’t going to be a problem either. QB and Mario letting Dawson fully do what he wants is really the only thing I’d question about Mario.

Defensively CB and DT recruiting needs a massive improvement as things stand today. But I think Mario would be far less likely to but into Guidry plan. So to me defensively what we need absolutely fits Mario’s strength which is just Roster building and Culture setting. I guess my only worry is that Culture decision making is leading us to not going for good enough athletes at CB and instead of going for more physical guys…

Overall, probably top 20 or so for me as well. For this particular school and for what was needed post Manny vs who was realistic.... right at the top if the list.

Lane Train probably gets us faster results. Mario builds a better long term foundation. If it were Kiffin I doubt we get the same NIL pool, the new football facility, the recruiting or the culture building etc. But, he would have had this offense already humming and the press conferences would be a lot more entertaining.

Advertisement
Back