Official Ed Reed WAS new Head Coach at Bethune-Cookman (Now Not 🫠)

Exactly.

I'm so tired of our dopey porsters who think everything is binary, everything is either (A) or (B) and there are no other possibilities.

Maybe...just maybe...Ed knew about the past history of Bethune-Cookman...but then was assured that things had changed...and then had a bad experience which caused him to second-guess the promise that things had changed...

Just ignore these morons who can't see more than two options...
I happen to know as a fact Ed knew about Bethunes past...That's why I didn't bother responding.

Advertisement
When I saw his initial IG video, I knew it would last long.

I don't care if you are a HOFer in every sport imaginable, you can't handle things that way.... especially if he doesn't want his players handling their issues in the same manner.

'Retired Black Athletes getting coaching opportunities at struggling HBCUs' is a wonderful narrative. Players like Ed Reed, Eddie George, and Deion shouldn't have to GA anywhere, to enter the coaching profession. But, I hope these guys understand that they are under a microscope, with many hoping they fail. No matter what the actual story is, this is a bad look for everyone involved.
They actually should have to GA and want to.

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks ER couldn't coach Safeties at UM needs to refrain from posting on CIS for life.
Brother...this isn't an attack on Reed. His talent as a player is undeniable.

With that said, he hasn't had the best experiences (at least publically) in the coaching ranks.

If he can coach and be great fit on staff, of course any team would benefit from him. But if he can't/doesn't want to, then he shouldn't he on staff simply because he was a great player.

Advertisement
Don't get me wrong.. I'm not questioning you at all ... I absolutely understand what you've been saying.... I was just leading it where you just said it being a communication problem.... That's 100% the issue.... and for that I blame Ed.... How he himself or with whatever form of Lawyer/Agent that's on his business side didn't see any of this before hand is beyond me..... Makes no sense...
Maybe he did walk the facilities and was assured things would be handled prior to his arrival......and this does not include his office, that is a no-brainer regardless if he saw it beforehand or not.

Sure I’m not disagreeing on why he failed here. It was recruiting mainly & a infrastructure that would make it hard for any coach to succeed at the level we all want..but let’s not also act like ppl on here weren’t saying his Defense was a “gimmick”, that big10 Offenses would run through his Swiss cheese defense, and that all of a sudden he inherited Bama or UGA NFL level talent at Penn state as well. That Penn State defense took major leaps this season in different key categories and TBH bro, it was a “no name” type of fashion..and let’s not act like for years on CIS ppl been saying Franklin was a corch either. That’s all I’m saying. it was all said on here like those opinions were consensus & facts about both them guys..and don’t let me bring up the Kiffin train of him being a great recruiter among other Fav coaches etc..we get a lot of **** wrong on this lol
I knew Manny would have success at PSU at least in the short term because his defenses usually play to their talent levels. That’s why his defenses at Miami were generally good for the first four seasons but got worse as more of his recruits took over. He’s not a good recruiter and/or evaluator.

It was a bad look for ER. Whether right or wrong you can’t do that on social media. This will follow him forever. I have no doubt of his ability to probably coach up DB’s, but if a player doesn’t have that certain level of talent desire and dedication, well you can’t be born a dog and die a cat.

Advertisement
Right, the OTHER WAY hasn't been working. Lawsuits, didn't work. News articles, didn't work. It was the same with UM football, wasn't it? How many websites, flying planes, billboards, and Miami admin still did nothing. But as soon as someone influential like Herbstreit put UM on blast, things changed dramatically. When a Deion or an Ed Reed blows you up, folks listen.
And Herbstreit said it live on national TV, with millions of viewers. This was the key piece. Everyone knew Miami was no longer interested in being an elite program if it meant spending millions of dollars.

Herbie embarrassed Frenk, Blake James, and the BOT by name on a national scale and they didn’t like it.

Thank you Herbie!

Maybe he did walk the facilities and was assured things would be handled prior to his arrival......and this does not include his office, that is a no-brainer regardless if he saw it beforehand or not.
He might've but based on the rants it didn't leave that impression.... either way he's gone now so it's a dead issue.... Within a few weeks this will fade away like everything they've been involved with has...

Advertisement
And I can show you the same kind of problems at PWIs, but somehow the media overlooks them:

Students Find Unwelcome Dorm Room Guests, Including Insects, Mushrooms | News | The Harvard Crimson

And Harvard has a bazillion dollar endowment, so they have no excuse for their deplorable living conditions.

This is a poor comparison.

First off, the Howard issues span across several dorms, not just one.

The national media picked up the story at the behest of the students themselves. It was the only leverage that the students had.

The Harvard comparison would be apropos if Harvard had widespread failing infrastructure that persisted for years and an administration whose response was a proverbial shoulder shrug.

Howard's dorm issues are merely the tip of the iceberg, though.

And Herbstreit said it live on national TV, with millions of viewers. This was the key piece. Everyone knew Miami was no longer interested in being an elite program if it meant spending millions of dollars.

Herbie embarrassed Frenk, Blake James, and the BOT by name on a national scale and they didn’t like it.

Thank you Herbie!
herbie was the messenger, but not the intellectual author of the strategy

If you were just hired for a job and your office was full of trash and your meeting room was in the same condition, and you had to clean that **** up, would you have positive energy?
Noone expected positive energy, but the goal here is part of a much bigger picture. If there's problems you work towards addressing those issues first. Clearly the trash is one of those issues to address, but you can't set dreams this big and then get derailed over something stupid like a trashed office.

Advertisement
Back