Official Ed Reed WAS new Head Coach at Bethune-Cookman (Now Not đź« )

Look at Miami's history of doing business with it's football program. Then Herbstreit went viral airing out the U. What happened? The U all of a sudden wanted it to be known things were going to change. Sure, there was a history with those schools BEFORE Deion and Ed took over, but I am sure when those schools approached, they wanted to signify CHANGE. But it looks like they wanted to do it with WINDOW dressing, make it look good to those outside looking in. Meanwhile, with SOME things, it is the same o'l same o'l. And they want the coach to stfu, deal with it, keep quiet. I can EASILY see how that can happen.

Right. Are there people really arguing against that? What is everyone getting emotional about?

Last edited:
Advertisement
@poncho0091 ...you were saying??...
thank you for providing. I have no problem admitting you're correct here. I'm not sure why I would apologize as I did nothing that would need it. I simply asked questions and stated it takes more than big words and emotions to make financial things happen and create real change. With that said, it's so well-known, so why did Ed bother with Bethune? There are plenty of other HBCUs he could have worked with.

Bruh Manny has a top ten D cause he has the talent he couldn't recruit at UM. I mean it's pretty simple not rocket science. Problem at UM it got worse cause the players got worse when the talent left. His evals and closing abilities lost him the job and at PSU they have to wake up for a few games cause they recruit pretty well. Not natty level but well enough better than what he was bringing in at UM as a whole.
Sure I’m not disagreeing on why he failed here. It was recruiting mainly & a infrastructure that would make it hard for any coach to succeed at the level we all want..but let’s not also act like ppl on here weren’t saying his Defense was a “gimmick”, that big10 Offenses would run through his Swiss cheese defense, and that all of a sudden he inherited Bama or UGA NFL level talent at Penn state as well. That Penn State defense took major leaps this season in different key categories and TBH bro, it was a “no name” type of fashion..and let’s not act like for years on CIS ppl been saying Franklin was a corch either. That’s all I’m saying. it was all said on here like those opinions were consensus & facts about both them guys..and don’t let me bring up the Kiffin train of him being a great recruiter among other Fav coaches etc..we get a lot of **** wrong on this lol

Last edited:
Good....someone needed to....Misappropriation of funds among other things....
There’s a way you do that tho..usually shaming ppl publicly doesn’t work..& Coach Reed isn’t wrong in a lot of ways..Ed does need to just walk away from that situation as well..HBCU alums etc look at it totally differently than you or others because they are annually underrepresented, underfunded etc..and they are in the news for something like THIS. That’s where the pushback comes from

There’s a way you do that tho..usually shaming ppl publicly doesn’t work..& Coach Reed isn’t wrong in a lot of ways..Ed does need to just walk away from that situation as well..HBCU alums etc look at it totally differently than you or others because they are annually underrepresented, underfunded etc..and they are in the news for something like THIS. That’s where the pushback comes from
I'm glad he did what he did. Bout time somebody had the balls to say what he did. Young Black Americans at Bethune deserve better than what's been an ongoing issue there.

Advertisement
I'm glad he did what he did. Bout time somebody had the balls to say what he did. Young Black Americans at Bethune deserve better than what's been an ongoing issue there.

Right, the OTHER WAY hasn't been working. Lawsuits, didn't work. News articles, didn't work. It was the same with UM football, wasn't it? How many websites, flying planes, billboards, and Miami admin still did nothing. But as soon as someone influential like Herbstreit put UM on blast, things changed dramatically. When a Deion or an Ed Reed blows you up, folks listen.

I won't even respond to this nonsense.

Exactly.

I'm so tired of our dopey porsters who think everything is binary, everything is either (A) or (B) and there are no other possibilities.

Maybe...just maybe...Ed knew about the past history of Bethune-Cookman...but then was assured that things had changed...and then had a bad experience which caused him to second-guess the promise that things had changed...

Just ignore these morons who can't see more than two options...

Advertisement
Wow!! Ok!

So what makes their set up different from non HBCU Universities in terms of how they report their finances?

Private vs State, etc, I know like, for example, private institutions don’t have to reveal salaries, etc as an example, if I make sense.
BCU is private

We both know a trash-free office is not the core of the issue. I'd hope for all Reed hopes to accomplish, that he didn't let the dream die over trash in his office. They clearly have somewhere to practice but not where or how Reed wants it, unless you think the team just doesn't practice and shows up on gameday. That takes time and fundraising to get the things you want.
If you were just hired for a job and your office was full of trash and your meeting room was in the same condition, and you had to clean that **** up, would you have positive energy?

Exactly.

I'm so tired of our dopey porsters who think everything is binary, everything is either (A) or (B) and there are no other possibilities.

Maybe...just maybe...Ed knew about the past history of Bethune-Cookman...but then was assured that things had changed...and then had a bad experience which caused him to second-guess the promise that things had changed...

Just ignore these morons who can't see more than two options...

Don’t be so limiting…there could be 4th or 5th or endless options… like maybe Ed didn’t second guess, because he himself said he didn’t withdraw, but that BC didn’t want him…

More than one thing can be true… I mean you hate Deion and what he says, but then Deion loves Ed and Ed, Deion and Ed mentioned God, but you hate when Deion does it… your head must be spinning…

Breath. Relax. Let go of Mullen and Deion. They are not really talking to you…

Advertisement
LOL, Reed ain't gonna make it. If He flipped like that over some trash, wait till He sees the books!!!...or the old school security bars over the financial aid doors & windows!!!
Thats how i know he never even went to the school because thats literally ont he main street heading into the school lol.

Everything he showed i literally saw in late august when i went there. I dont think that BCU job was one he is/was prepared for especiallyw hen he was gonna get his head bashed in the swac.

That gig probably needs to go to an HBCU vet or a G5 young n up an comer. FAMU hit on their guy because he is from Tally originally. Someone like ICE HARRIS should take that gig on...or HURLIE BROWN.

Advertisement
Don’t be so limiting…there could be 4th or 5th or endless options… like maybe Ed didn’t second guess, because he himself said he didn’t withdraw, but that BC didn’t want him…

More than one thing can be true… I mean you hate Deion and what he says, but then Deion loves Ed and Ed, Deion and Ed mentioned God, but you hate when Deion does it… your head must be spinning…

Breath. Relax. Let go of Mullen and Deion. They are not really talking to you…

Funny stuff. Didn't mention anyone else, you did.

I'm talking about Ed. I'm talking about Bethune-Cookman.

You're still butthurt from all the asswhippings I've given you.

Thats how i know he never even went to the school because thats literally ont he main street heading into the school lol.

Everything he showed i literally saw in late august when i went there. I dont think that BCU job was one he is/was prepared for especiallyw hen he was gonna get his head bashed in the swac.

That gig probably needs to go to an HBCU vet or a G5 young n up a comer. FAMU hit on their guy because he is from Tally originally. Someone like ICE HARRIS should take that gig on...or HURLIE BROWN.
Quincy not tally, put some respect on our name lol

Ed has been around football long enough to know how the coaching profession works. Everybody, just like most other careers in life, has to start at the bottom of the mountain and slowly work their way up. The fact that he’s an African American means that his journey will be ten times harder(Go check and see how many black coaches are in the NFL and get back to me.) He knew that this was going to be a rough job, maybe not to this extent, so it makes you wonder why he even took it. If his goal was to bring awareness to the corruption and lack of care which is prevalent at HBCU’s then his mission was successful. The question you have to ask though is did he ***** himself out of ever being considered for a HC job again? Most likely. I do understand Ed’s frustration though...corruption has been a major issue at many HBCU’s for YEARS now. FAMU has been audited/investigated multiple times over the years and it got so bad at one point they were discussing getting rid of the football program.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back