Official Ed Reed WAS new Head Coach at Bethune-Cookman (Now Not šŸ« )

I donā€™t love the social media aspect of it, but it also allows Ed to control the narrative about him stepping away or withdrawing his nameā€¦

Going scorched earth rarely ends well, but Iā€™m sure weā€™ve all been close..
I think that's the problem. We've all been close and then with better judgement, we don't. It rarely ever ends well.

Advertisement
Definitely intrigued.

On one hand, I get BCU donā€™t have money and ER had to know that to a degree. I imagine he had to know going in, part of his job description was going to be fundraiser and spokesperson (can you imagine those donor dinners where he speaks passionately what is possible if they contribute to the mission)?

That said - it costs BCU absolutely nothing to roll out whatever carpet they have with someone like ER coming in - make it a big deal and be ready to start finding ways to monetize off having an all time great coach at your school. Flipping cleaning his office and taking out the trash in his buildings. What a HORRIBLE first impression that must have left w/ER.

Unfortunate ER wasnā€™t able to see what he needed to before agreeing to coach.
But horrible look for BCU. But does this bad publicity even phase them?

That's the problem. These guys who have been multi-millionaires for half their life now may have forgotten what it means to not have the resources readily available. If it was as easy as they are making it sound, it would have been done already.
Not have the resources because of misappropriation of funds since forever??...Get that BS tf outta my face.

Advertisement
Not have the resources because of misappropriation of funds since forever??...Get that BS tf outta my face.
Provide evidence of misappropriation. I'm not saying he's wrong, but evidence to support his statement hasn't been released to the public yet. If there is a misappropriation, you'd think someone would have reviewed this by now.

If there is real corruption, the least Ed could do for all the young students and athletes there is report it, not just go on a rant.

that's not evidence though. if he's got the receipts for corruption, then put it out to the public. If he wants to make real change, that's where it will start.
Go Google misappropriation of funds at Bethune including the founders Grand daughter in 95 and come back and apologize. She went to Prison. There were many more as well since. Educate yourself before running your mouth.

Advertisement
This is a great point. Substantive change requires a great deal of time, dedication, and hard work. If these dudes were really dedicated to the cause, they wouldnā€™t cut and run at the first sign of trouble.
Yeah picking up trash on the field is nuclear fusion level hard. How dare he

Go Google misappropriation of funds at Bethune including the founders Grand daughter in 95 and come back and apologize. She went to Prison. There were many more as well since. Educate yourself before running your mouth.
you are welcome

Officials with Bethune-Cookman University are still trying to figure out what happened to the $25 million set aside for student dormitories. The historic black college was at risk of losing its accreditation in October because of ā€œquestionable financial activity.ā€

Advertisement

Officials with Bethune-Cookman University are still trying to figure out what happened to the $25 million set aside for student dormitories. The historic black college was at risk of losing its accreditation in October because of ā€œquestionable financial activity.ā€
@poncho0091 ...you were saying??...

Bethune-Cookman University lost nearly $10 million during its first year under interim President Hubert Grimes, newly released tax documents show, continuing a five-year trend of steep losses that have jeopardized the historically black universityā€™s future.

The $9.9 million in losses during the 2017-2018 fiscal year ā€” the last year for which records are publicly available ā€” slightly exceeds the $9.8 million B-CU lost the previous year under former President Edison Jackson, who is now being sued by the school for alleged fraud.

Grimes and B-CUā€™s chief financial officer did not respond to requests for comments. A statement from the school said the IRS Form 990 ā€œreveals nothing new.ā€

So tie it back to Edā€˜s tenure or lack thereofā€¦

Ed was right to rant on social media

Or

Ed is clearly an internet wizard but somehow missed the 30 year history of BC easily googledā€¦

Advertisement
Bethune-Cookman University lost nearly $10 million during its first year under interim President Hubert Grimes, newly released tax documents show, continuing a five-year trend of steep losses that have jeopardized the historically black universityā€™s future.

The $9.9 million in losses during the 2017-2018 fiscal year ā€” the last year for which records are publicly available ā€” slightly exceeds the $9.8 million B-CU lost the previous year under former President Edison Jackson, who is now being sued by the school for alleged fraud.

Grimes and B-CUā€™s chief financial officer did not respond to requests for comments. A statement from the school said the IRS Form 990 ā€œreveals nothing new.ā€
Stop with the proven facts....that's an eyesore on CIS....

Listen, I hate airing our dirty laundry.... I really do. I get no excitement from it at all. But anybody who pays attention or does the research, it is a far too common issue at the HBCUs. I get that this sort of thing happens at PWIs. But how many HBCUs are there? Considering that, far too many are having similar issues and this has been the case for too long and it has to stop. If Deion and Ed had not said anything to the rather large audience they have, many outside of our communities wouldn't even know.

So tie it back to Edā€˜s tenure or lack thereofā€¦

Ed was right to rant on social media

Or

Ed is clearly an internet wizard but somehow missed the 30 year history of BC easily googledā€¦

Look at Miami's history of doing business with it's football program. Then Herbstreit went viral airing out the U. What happened? The U all of a sudden wanted it to be known things were going to change. Sure, there was a history with those schools BEFORE Deion and Ed took over, but I am sure when those schools approached, they wanted to signify CHANGE. But it looks like they wanted to do it with WINDOW dressing, make it look good to those outside looking in. Meanwhile, with SOME things, it is the same o'l same o'l. And they want the coach to stfu, deal with it, keep quiet. I can EASILY see how that can happen.

Advertisement
Back