Official Ed Reed WAS new Head Coach at Bethune-Cookman (Now Not đź« )

It was a bad look for ER. Whether right or wrong you can’t do that on social media. This will follow him forever. I have no doubt of his ability to probably coach up DB’s, but if a player doesn’t have that certain level of talent desire and dedication, well you can’t be born a dog and die a cat.
It's 2023. Apparently, you can be whatever you want at any time these days. Some people took it a little too literally when their parents told them they could be whatever they want when they grow up.

Advertisement
This is a poor comparison.

First off, the Howard issues span across several dorms, not just one.

The national media picked up the story at the behest of the students themselves. It was the only leverage that the students had.

The Harvard comparison would be apropos if Harvard had widespread failing infrastructure that persisted for years and an administration whose response was a proverbial shoulder shrug.

Howard's dorm issues are merely the tip of the iceberg, though.

My point was, all these schools save a few, fall short of providing quality, safe housing for our kids, it's not just an HBCU thing. As far as tip of the iceberg is concerned, so is Brett Favre stealing welfare money from people in Mississippi to fund a volleyball stadium.

My point was, all these schools save a few, fall short of providing quality, safe housing for our kids, it's not just an HBCU thing. As far as tip of the iceberg is concerned, so is Brett Favre stealing welfare money from people in Mississippi to fund a volleyball stadium.
That Brett Favre thing...

oooofdah....awful and slimy at best...likely illegal and he should be held to account.

A head coach is also a spokesman for the university. It is clear by his outburst that he wasn't ready to balance raising the standards of the university and selling it at the same time. His lack of self control aren't what you would expect from a head coach. You could have just as easily the mess he was handed to raise awareness for standards at BCU and work with administration and alumni on correcting.

Noone expected positive energy, but the goal here is part of a much bigger picture. If there's problems you work towards addressing those issues first. Clearly the trash is one of those issues to address, but you can't set dreams this big and then get derailed over something stupid like a trashed office.
There was wayyyyy more issues. Funny how a bunch of former, and current Bethune players are 100% standing up for ER as of yesterday.

Advertisement
A head coach is also a spokesman for the university. It is clear by his outburst that he wasn't ready to balance raising the standards of the university and selling it at the same time. His lack of self control aren't what you would expect from a head coach. You could have just as easily the mess he was handed to raise awareness for standards at BCU and work with administration and alumni on correcting.
Work with an administration that has been misappropriating funds for many yrs??....Gotcha....

he didnt handle it right but in my opinion if it was true it isn't a fireable offense. should have just warned him not to do it again.

Advertisement
And Herbstreit said it live on national TV, with millions of viewers. This was the key piece. Everyone knew Miami was no longer interested in being an elite program if it meant spending millions of dollars.

Herbie embarrassed Frenk, Blake James, and the BOT by name on a national scale and they didn’t like it.

Thank you Herbie!
Herbie an honorary Cane! Idgaf he's a suckeye he's awesome

Reminds me of Mike Singletary. Legendary player, great on the field leader. But his intensity got the better of him as a coach.

Fine. But it was stated on national TV. Not a message board thread or article on some on-line web zine.

Big difference. Herbie was only a microphone. But if people want to hero worship him, then have at it. I don’t hero worship anybody, especially a guy that really had nothing to do with the whole thing, other than being a mouthpiece for other people.

Advertisement

Whataboutism is a logical fallacy.

Advertisement
There was wayyyyy more issues. Funny how a bunch of former, and current Bethune players are 100% standing up for ER as of yesterday.
I see that with what was provided. I'm just addressing the fact that the trash issue shouldn't be enough to derail the bigger goal. In light of the bigger issues provided, it's barely even worth mentioning at this point.

I have a profound respect for Ed Reed, but I still don't believe that anyone knows what his coaching goals are.
That probably includes Ed too. And that's fine if he's in a setting where that notion can evolve. Obviously there are certain settings that aren't conducive to it.

Advertisement
Back