Official Ed Reed WAS new Head Coach at Bethune-Cookman (Now Not đź« )

For whatever reason Ed just can't seem to hold it together. I hate to see this from him.
Literally just finished watching the video and said the exact same thing. Too much passion and not exercising enough self-control can come across as being a loose cannon....BCU isn't going to take the risk of Ed going off again for whatever reason.

His partner is trying to steer him towards a more diplomatic approach but Ed is too fired up to let him steer the ship to where Ed actually wants it to go lol.

Advertisement
Whoa boy...his partner is trying to handle it correctly but Ed is going to burn bridges if he doesn't tone it down a bit.

Probably was mentioned elsewhere but I didn't know Reggie Theus is their AD! The man coached the whitest high school hoops team in history (even with Anthony Anderson) and randomly started adding females to the squad for reasons the local police are still looking into! He's just lucky Ed didn't stick around long enough to figure out what is reallllly goin on there and why Theus' office is so god**** clean!

Screenshot_20230124_002452_Google.jpg

Advertisement
Keep it up Ed! Time to get your Malcolm on. Dont need a mild mannered and tamed actor for this one. Make people uncomfortable. Make them very uncomfortable.

Keep it up Ed! Time to get your Malcolm on. Dont need a mild mannered and tamed actor for this one. Make people uncomfortable. Make them very uncomfortable.
I understand your sentiment, but unfortunately the part that makes people uncomfortable is cringing at him personally, not the fact that he's probably right about how screwed up Bethune was

Yeah, listened to Ed's rant and had difficulty deciphering some of the names, but thought I heard reference to AD Theus. Then, saw on website that Reggie Theus is indeed AD and basketball coach. Initial thought is shame on Ed for not doing his homework and getting a better grasp of the situation and the folks involved. Reggie Theus has been a fake/phony dating to his playing days. Destined to be a power struggled before Ed's first day on the job - and one Theus was positioned to win.

Advertisement
Man the second my son showed me that video of him cleaning up trash my exact words were... "he's fired!". My son was like you're crazy they wont fire him for that...

Last edited:
Literally just finished watching the video and said the exact same thing. Too much passion and not exercising enough self-control can come across as being a loose cannon....BCU isn't going to take the risk of Ed going off again for whatever reason.

His partner is trying to steer him towards a more diplomatic approach but Ed is too fired up to let him steer the ship to where Ed actually wants it to go lol.
same observation. love ed but he needs to learn to control himself. leaders need to demonstrate more control in certain situations. doing an interview is an example of one situation.

Go to a PWI, they say...they have pristine dorms, they say...they don't have to deal with what HBCUs have to deal with, they say. And these schools aren't underfunded like HBCUs, so what's really hood!!!:

Mold found in University of Minnesota dorms | kare11.com

Petition to Investigate Alleged Mold In The Dorms | News | manoanow.org

Florida State University Hit With At Least 22 Cases of Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease

I'm not gonna sit here and let some of y'all act like HBCUs are the only ones that are OSHA & CDC hazards.

Advertisement
I understand your sentiment, but unfortunately the part that makes people uncomfortable is cringing at him personally, not the fact that he's probably right about how screwed up Bethune was
I recalled Mario had a list of things he wanted corrected before he even step one foot at Miami, so maybe BCU is not screwed up by themselves

Go to a PWI, they say...they have pristine dorms, they say...they don't have to deal with what HBCUs have to deal with, they say. And these schools aren't underfunded like HBCUs, so what's really hood!!!:

Mold found in University of Minnesota dorms | kare11.com

Petition to Investigate Alleged Mold In The Dorms | News | manoanow.org

Florida State University Hit With At Least 22 Cases of Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease

I'm not gonna sit here and let some of y'all act like HBCUs are the only ones that are OSHA & CDC hazards.
And as far as the mold is concerned you do realize BCU is still recovering from back to back hurricanes

Advertisement
Whoa boy...his partner is trying to handle it correctly but Ed is going to burn bridges if he doesn't tone it down a bit.

Ed did nothing wrong with what he said before this. He’s just burning bridges now.

But before this, you can claim he “didn’t go about it the right way” and whatever else, but when it gets to a certain point, light is the only disinfectant. If the school really wanted to do better for the football program, they would’ve held a joint press conference with Ed and acknowledged faults on both ends. But they decided to continue playing the “you aren’t in our club, we hold all the power so shut up” card and got rid of him.

Advertisement
Back