Official Ed Reed WAS new Head Coach at Bethune-Cookman (Now Not 🫠)

Advertisement
So, he wasn't very tactful, politically correct and his language was over the top, but can't fault Ed for his honesty and being true to himself. A lot of guys would have moped around, taken a check and just played the game. He bluntly - perhaps too bluntly - exposed a situation that probably needed exposure. If things were as bad as he described, then shame on BC folks for not taking care of business.

Ed Reed's message is passionate, well-intentioned, and justified.
How Ed Reed delivered that message is unprofessional, lacking self-awareness, and bordering the unhinged.

Ro Parrish was really trying his best to keep Ed on the rails, though. Admirable attempt, but Ed wasn't having it. Hopefully he learns from this and gets another chance to do the good work he very clearly wants to be doing.

Go to a PWI, they say...they have pristine dorms, they say...they don't have to deal with what HBCUs have to deal with, they say. And these schools aren't underfunded like HBCUs, so what's really hood!!!:

Mold found in University of Minnesota dorms | kare11.com

Petition to Investigate Alleged Mold In The Dorms | News | manoanow.org

Florida State University Hit With At Least 22 Cases of Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease

I'm not gonna sit here and let some of y'all act like HBCUs are the only ones that are OSHA & CDC hazards.

You forgot the Tampa Bay Bucs staph-flesh-eating MRSA breakout (yes I know it’s not college)

Advertisement
I know a lot of the pain is having to leave some of the kids he got to know in his short term there, but he's way ntoo good to be crying over Bethune Cookman.

Someone will get him on board if not this year, next.

He's a good football mind. He's just not into being a middle manager like some of y'all are. He's been down too many roads to do that middle **** and coach a spot and see someone making mistake after mistake and getting 4th 5th and 6th chances.

Someone will ask him to DC or come in later because of an incident somewhere. HBCU's are giving the NFL HOFr's a chance to come in and start out at the 1 spot. Can't says I blame them, no one else will give them a shot.

Advertisement
Ed is a leader but probably not a coach just yet.. We all know how emotional 20 can get. I went to Cookman and it wasn't bad but the facilities were laughable. My high school was far better..

I love the protest for Ed and the attention on the school conditions.

For whatever reason Ed just can't seem to hold it together. I hate to see this from him.
Mans were on here yucking it up about Deion Sanders......Ed Reed has been a debacle from he entered the "coaching game"...like in fact he was here doing what exactly?. Im a big ed reed fan but he has been delusional about his coaching prowess and position in that world from day 1.
Honestly he should of just tried to finagle the gig at Morehouse or Clark Atlanta to get his feet wet or something.

I thought he would of actually done a good job at BCU ahd he got started...but he kind of self sabotages himself all the time and is playing the social media game wost than the teen agers

Advertisement
Mans were on here yucking it up about Deion Sanders......Ed Reed has been a debacle from he entered the "coaching game"...like in fact he was here doing what exactly?. Im a big ed reed fan but he has been delusional about his coaching prowess and position in that world from day 1.
Honestly he should of just tried to finagle the gig at Morehouse or Clark Atlanta to get his feet wet or something.

I thought he would of actually done a good job at BCU ahd he got started...but he kind of self sabotages himself all the time and is playing the social media game wost than the teen agers

It’s strange. Hate to see it going sideways.

Last edited:

I don't get why he doesn't just start out as S/DB coach. he could have probably gotten a job at a good school if he was willing to accept non-HC position.

Someone will get him on board if not this year, next.

He's a good football mind. He's just not into being a middle manager like some of y'all are. He's been down too many roads to do that middle **** and coach a spot and see someone making mistake after mistake and getting 4th 5th and 6th chances.

Someone will ask him to DC or come in later because of an incident somewhere. HBCU's are giving the NFL HOFr's a chance to come in and start out at the 1 spot. Can't says I blame them, no one else will give them a shot.
Ed's not wrong in his criticism. But he's coming off as a loose cannon, and that will turn a lot of administrations away. Across the board, college administrations are basically politics. That's what separates Prime from Reed. Prime knew he just needed to get in the door and likely can maneuver the political side of the business better than Reed. Doesn't make it fair or right, but this is the world we live in, and if Reed wants to be a HC or DC in College, better adapt.

Advertisement

Basically this.

I don't get why he doesn't just start out as S/DB coach. he could have probably gotten a job at a good school if he was willing to accept non-HC position.
Because Reed doesn't want to start from the ground up. You could look to Deion never being a position coach, but Deion was a HS HC for 3 years (to coach his son's team, but still, didn't start off at the college/position level).

Thats why i said he is delusional as ****. The only reason he likely took the hbcu gig with bcu is because he saw the clout/rep that Deion Sanders got with it.

Its the ego with em...Man likely could easily be our dbs coach when he wants but he likely feels hes to big for that.

Because Reed doesn't want to start from the ground up. You could look to Deion never being a position coach, but Deion was a HS HC for 3 years (to coach his son's team, but still, didn't start off at the college/position level).

Deion was a coach longer than 3 years i think aver 6 years at least.

Also Deion is more savvy than Ed in that regards in the coaching world you can see what he drew from to his coaching staffs at JSU.

Dude needs a wake up call if he is serious about being a coach....but hes kind of unhinged at this point.

Advertisement
Back