DT Simeon Barrow, Jr. commits to Miami

View as article
“So he enrolled at Miami. Those three schools knew that, but I guess other schools technically, according to the database, if this is the excuse you want to use, felt like he was still active. And so this allowed another team to quote unquote recruit, some might call it tamper, another player that was already enrolled, matriculated at a school.

And so that player was still talking to another school and thought he could leave and play for that school this year. So it's kind of a confluence of events where the player was getting bad advice, whether that be from his representation or from another school. And I find it interesting that school would expose themselves to potentially getting in trouble with tampering type of stuff.

But I guess based on a database error slash technicality, they can hide behind that. The bottom line is, Gaby, as we know things now that we're recording Monday morning, Simeon Barrow is expected to rejoin Miami and will be a hurricane, which I think was his only option if he wanted to play this season, this college football season. It had to be at the University of Miami.

-247 Podcast

Advertisement
So this dude coming back because he can’t go anywhere else or what? Seemed he had his mind made up he was gone so what changed? We give him more $$(I hope not)? He realize he F’d himself signing that SEC agreement with lsu?

I’d love to be wrong but i feel like after this kid grabbed his ball to go home already he’s going to be an issue in the locker room

I mean his teammates gotta feel a certain way much less the coaches
yea id say let him ago . it will sting but id rather start clark and rely on young ins .maybe get lucky and Scott is ready like Bain lol. don't want any negative in locker room .

So this dude coming back because he can’t go anywhere else or what? Seemed he had his mind made up he was gone so what changed? We give him more $$(I hope not)? He realize he F’d himself signing that SEC agreement with lsu?

I’d love to be wrong but i feel like after this kid grabbed his ball to go home already he’s going to be an issue in the locker room

I mean his teammates gotta feel a certain way much less the coaches

His teammates are all trying to get the bag too.

Advertisement
How can you be in your last year and not be locked tf in . Soon as he committed and enrolled he should’ve been bout business this is money year . I don’t get these players thought process sometimes. If everyone fully submerges them selves into the “grind” our seasons would go a lot better

Barrow's a southern bloke but could he have been turned off by doing drills in extreme heat since arriving?

It was the hottest month of May on record down here.

Advertisement
While I don't personally wish harm on your buddy, I'm very grateful whenever any of these idiots get hurt while trying to interact with these wild animals. Where my brother lives in Orlando, they get bears and alligators on the property with frequency, and some of the new-money idiot neighbors thinks it's OK to feed the wild animals. I laugh every time it backfires on them.

Your brother is DBC’s neighbor??

IMG_6106.gif

He's gotta come back and this is his money year so he's gonna have to get used to the heat and play as hard as he can. I don't think he has any other real choice. I guess Mizzou could pay him nil to sit a year but wtf wants to do that for a one year rental. You don't rent some **** to put it on the shelf and not use it, rentals are made to be rode hard and put away wet. Somebody will get his mind right for him and he'll be back.
IMG_3601.gif

Barrow's a southern bloke but could he have been turned off by doing drills in extreme heat since arriving?

so D$ did a podcast not long ago (this morning) and said what he said in this thread essentially that he expects it to get worked out, no direct confirmation but that is his prediction.

He also said it was NOT NIL related and we dont have to worry about that being a Rashada situation as long as CanesConnection is around and operating how it has been. Also said it was not a competition or "I was promised start snaps" issue. D$ said he was being vague and he knew that since he could not disclose too much but compared it to the Bachelor where you are forced into a relationship in a short amount of time unlike HS recruiting and said this happens in HS and things get worked out and this was more like one of those issues where if there was more time it likely is ironed out prior to him getting to campus.

Couple that with the blurb above from 247 saying that a "glitch" in the system showing Barrow still in the portal and not yet enrolled is what Mizzou thought they could still recruit and bring him in. My guess is Mizzou was still recruiting him and he either had a higher NIL # in mind or some other perk from Mizzou or alternatively an issue at UM was making him reconsider. He decided to leave assuming he could join Mizzou, UM intentionally leaked it and blasted Mizzou's name everywhere to help with tampering and the kid realizes he cannot leave and decides to come back.

I also doubt many of the kids on the team care. This is just the new age of CFB. If he is a cool dude, plays well and the team wins, all will be forgotten.

Advertisement

So you just chose to ignore the fact that we have an IPF now?

What a bunch of dopey fans we have. Yeah, we've got George O'Leary and Brian Kelly forcing kids to work out in 120 degree heat with no water while calling them "pussies".

Oh, and we moved the weight room outside now...

Advertisement
So you just chose to ignore the fact that we have an IPF now?

What a bunch of dopey fans we have. Yeah, we've got George O'Leary and Brian Kelly forcing kids to work out in 120 degree heat with no water while calling them "pussies".

Oh, and we moved the weight room outside now...
There are multiple photos of our players doing work-outs in recent weeks outside on the practice field. Don't play dumb.

This guys highlight tape better look like this after the season.

That game Suh had against Texas was fugckin incredible. Watching this short little clip really helps when I'm having a lousy day or my E.D. medication isn't kicking in fast enough:

I thought he was the second coming of Reggie White. He's not, but he was **** good at his prime in the league.

Advertisement
Back