DT Simeon Barrow, Jr. commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
I like Moten and Horton as developmental DT's, but lets not kid ourselves..Scott and Jones are the most athletic big talented DTs Mario has signed here, so they could be more ready to play early than Moten and Horton were.

Also again Guidry last 2 seasons have had 4th and 11th run defenses at Marshall and Miami. He had #6 total defense at Marshall then #24 total defense at Miami last season.

He has done enough to know we will
Be solid to Good on defense. Brother lost 3 of his 4 starting DL in first half of the second game of the season, and still had a good defense.

Last season Texas was #34 in total defense and Washington was #96 in total defense they made the 4 team CFB playoff. We are trying to win the ACC, and make a 12 team CFB playoff. Oh by the way we had a higher total defense than FSU who won the ACC.
You don't belong on CIS. Stop making sense and get outta here.

:cool:

Maybe he felt embarrassed that he had to leave cause the money he got, he couldn't pay back? So he didn't want to tell Mario and the staff at first cause he felt like he'd be letting them down.

If Barrow stays, call a team meeting, have him apologize for putting any doubt out there that he didn't want to be here.
and then let Mario rip into the team for talking to the media like a bunch of hoes.
Ever done something really stupid and tried to hide it from your parents until you absolutely needed their help to fix it?

Yeah, this is that.

You are right my guy. This isnt the early 2000s if you can learn the playbook and you are physically ready you will play. We had a two true freshman at key positions start all of last year in cece and bain. If the young guys are physically ready and know the play book no reason for them not to get some burn.
Yeah. Bain gave EVERYONE the business on a less talented d line. Why can’t Scott or Jones offer a similar year? Or slightly less which would still be better than what we had last 2-3 years.

Advertisement
Miami sucks again.

This emotional roller coaster is **** on my estrogen supplement cycle.

I just called for a telehealth appointment with my hormone therapy self-esteem general practioner dula to adjust my levels and get a refill.

It is pretty hilarious, and I'm contributing to it. But if there's one spot that is a nonending drama at Miami it's DT. And this roster in particular is vulnerable at DT and DB, so any loss there among the starters even before camp begins is a mess. Given we're going to lose key contributors to injury as the season progresses, you don't want to go into camp down starters.

Advertisement
Based on what @JayCane20 has written to explain the situation, here's how I read it:

"He" (aka his dad) has a money problem and there is no quick solution for it. I presume that his father received payment for his son signing something and now, that schools wants the money back, BUT... that money is gone.

It's not an issue on Miami's side in regards to money or anything. I presume some school found out about it and offered him a one-time early payment that we won't do in order to a) secure his services and b) resolve the money issue.

But I know people to an extent: He isn't leaving because he wants to, he is leaving because he has to. He had more than enough time thinking about where to go, I am fairly certain he had enough competitive offers on the table, he spent offseason training here and matriculated (big word, as explained prior) and now, all of a sudden, he wants to leave? Nah.

Based on the fact that Barrow apparently only told players and never the coaching staff or an executive on what's going on, I presume Miami never was that aware of a money issue in the first place, which is why now it looks like him staying again because we make an effort into retaining him.

I'd have a bigger issue with players yapping to media about it. I can only assume Mario is going to call in a meeting and give the team an earful about talking with the media. Essentially, the media knew ahead of Mario that a player has an issue and wants to leave. That can never, and I mean NEVER, happen.
They should be ripped.

This guy is an absolute idiot or his camp are idiots. Why would they even entertain this especially on his draft year. NFL teams are going to use this against him in their draft grades. His camp/agent or himself just screwed himself out of money smh.

With that said if he is stuck here the only silver lining is that he is a redshirt senior and this is his last year of eligibility so he has to perform if not for us just for himself to make it to the NFL. As long as we don't pay him more we should bring him back. Under no circumstances should he be kicked out of the team and allowed to go to Mizzou, if we feel like its a culture killer let him rot on the bench and waste his redshirt senior season.

Current DT rotation without him:

CJ Clark, Marley Cook
Moten, Horton
Campbell, Scott
Artavius, Blount
We're going to need to play Bain and Mesidor at DT some as well.

Advertisement
Anyone know what the Missouri boards are saying?
From MizzouTigerDaddy1745:
"Dem Miami *****ezz can lick deez luscious tiger nutz! MIZ, ZOU!"

Ob0tArAJBxEDgTE81F.gif

it looks like barrow only two choices are play at miami or sit out a year, since he already matriculated, so cant transfer again until december and any dealing with mizzou would be considered tampering. He may come back since he is a senior and would leave for draft in december.

Advertisement
it looks like barrow only two choices are play at miami or sit out a year, since he already matriculated, so cant transfer again until december and any dealing with mizzou would be considered tampering. He may come back since he is a senior and would leave for draft in december.

That's the joke of all of this. Barrow has only 6 months from now until he's wrapped up his college football career. 7 if he wants to play in the post season. Just friickin man up and push through whatever personal issues you have so you can set your life up.

That’s the hope.
What’s up H!! There’s no way Florida will run on us. They stink! We have legit edges and Moton, Cook, and Clark have experience. Horton is a big body with skill. Jones and Scott are legit. Scott will be in the rotation on talent and size. Blount can play inside outside. Freshman DTs can make an impact. Barron Alston Bain and company off the edge are legit. And our linebackers are deep and added the kid from Louisville to create talent with and without experience.

I’m worried about the secondary. Patterson HAS to be legit and ready. Someone has to step up.

Advertisement
Back